Waiting another baby, but scared to have another baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-18-2012, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a 2 year old DD and have been hinting not so subtly to my husband that I would love to have another baby for the past year. Now that he has decided that he is ready to try again, I am suddenly scared to death of going through with it. I know it is what I want, but the reality is hard to swallow.
I had the same reaction after I got pregnant with my DD, but not until I saw the 2 lines.Maybe I will calm down once I see the 2 lines this time?
Anyone else had this reaction to getting ready to try for a baby?

Mama to  Hadley (2/10) energy.gif& Sawyer (1/13) babyboy.gif familybed1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-21-2012, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh yea, I'm right there with you.  My DH said NO to another for quite a while, and now everything in our life is in place and DH seems excited to add another LO to the house...I'm still SO nervous about it.  I've thought about this extensively and I realize that for me, my concern is the pregnancy more than anything.  I miscarried before my DD and I'm realizing (now that I'm making myself vulnerable to going through it again) that I never dealt with that loss.  I wish I could just place my order at the baby store and pick up #2 in 9 months!  LOL

You are not alone.  For me it's so different than trying for #1 - then all I wanted was to be a mother and I would do anything to get there.  I feel like I got my wish and I'm pushing my luck trying again.  Not healthy thinking at all.  ugh.

-Jen

#3 of 4 Old 02-21-2012, 07:18 PM

My boy is also 2 and I wonder if we'll ever have another one! My husband is quite content with life right now, and is definetly not ready to have another. And I think I'd be okay either way, but I'm constantly thinking about it.. Will my son be okay as an only child? Will I regret it later that I didn't have another? If we do have another one but wait 2-3 more years, will I be sad that I'm starting all over again? And then I think to myself that if we do stop at one, I'm not giving a child the chance to live.. Sounds completely crazy.. But that's what I think! I know you could still think that after having 10 kids.. So its not a good thought. I just can't seem to get it out of my head!

Anyways, sorry for saying all this on your thread, I guess I just needed a little vent about it!

Hope all goes well with you, and all the right feelings about your soon to be pregnancy come naturally! You definetly aren't the only one with constant thoughts about it!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Mama to 1 handsome boy born Nov 29/2009 and 1 beautiful girl born May 21/2013 and wife to 1 handsome man, married since Jun 9/2007.

#4 of 4 Old 04-14-2012, 12:25 PM

Though I didn't ever feel this way, it seems to be not uncommon to feel nervous about a second child because you know the reality of having a child, and it's hard!  For some moms the sleep deprivation, loss of personal time or time with partner, and stress over-rides the laughter and the joy of parenting a child.  For me, I love watching the people unfold and love the company of a toddler at my side : )  It's okay to choose not to have more kids.  We're all different and we have to make the right choices for our families.  

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

Tags
Family Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page