2 periods in 2 weeks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-06-2012, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I had my period right on the date that it was scheduled like every month ( every 26 days) Feb 16th, it lasted it's usual 4 days, then a week later, I began getting pms symptoms all over again, this time worse, breaking out all my face and arms and back, cramps, lower back pain, headaches and then my period came again Feb 28th ( 2 weeks after again). We are now March 6th, no longer bleeding, but still have cramps, very emotional and moody and lower back pain, what could it be?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-11-2012, 02:40 PM
JMJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A few things can cause something like what you describe to happen.

-The first "period" could have actually been what is called "breakthrough bleeding."  This happens sometimes, especially in cycles when ovulation is delayed.  It generally happens shortly before ovulation when the endometrium builds up so much that estrogen alone (without progesterone) cannot sustain it, and some breaks off.  It may cause only a little bit of spotting, often mixed with stretchy cervical fluid, or it may be so heavy that it appears to be a whole period.  This ends at ovulation when there is enough progesterone to sustain the endometrium, and a true period comes approximately 2 weeks later, perhaps heavier than normal due to the thicker lining.

-Implantation bleeding can be so heavy as to appear to be a period, and it often comes about the time that a woman would be expecting her period.

-Bleeding is common in the first trimester of pregnancy.  It can come and go multiple times.  Have you taken a pregnancy test?

-Is it possible you could have had a miscarriage?

Tags
Family Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page