What do you do after an oops? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-27-2012, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Say you're TTA and your barrier broke/slipped or your partner failed to get out 'in time', do you have a backup plan?  Are emergency contraceptives or contragestives (implantation inhibitors) an option or do you just assume pregnancy and act in protection of it?

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That would depend on how serious you are about TTA, I suppose.

I would like another child, DH does not at this time, possibly ever. We did have an "oops" situation last cycle. I didn't discover it until it would have been too late to take E.C., but I wouldn't have taken it anyway. Hormones do a number on my body, and having taken E.C. before I didn't want to go through that again. I have some issues that make conception a little more difficult (PCOS, so irregular cycles,sometimes annovulatory, etc.) so we felt comfortable just waiting it out. I wasn't pregnant, but acted like I was until I knew for sure.

If I absolutely could not chance a pregnancy, I would have taken E.C. and dealt with the side effects.

Jen - 29, part-time LDRP RN and Birth Consultant. DH - 33. Married since 2006. brokenheart.gif 3/09. DD 2010.  Expecting a surprise new one in May 2014!

Old 03-28-2012, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If we were using condoms or a barrier and it slipped, I would go for an EC pill immediately. But, that is because if we are using some kind of contraceptive, I know that we are both 100% dedicated to not getting pregnant. That being said, we never use them. We abstain during fertile times so if we are just in the moment and cant stop our selves, we both kinda figure that its an ideal situation to get pregnant in. Personally, both of my children were conceived by accident, but the "accident" was that we were too caught up in passion to stop ourselves, not that our for of BC failed us. I'm not trying to sound holier than thou, just trying to explain why I would opt for EC.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Tags
Family Planning
User Tag List