Stretchy egg white - but no ovulation? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-30-2012, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello!

I am new here and was trying to find some help from some other women who chart their cycles. I have been doing this on and off for a few years now. Currently I have been charting to avoid for about a year. I have this odd thing that happens that I wanted to see if anyone else has any insight on.

So, normally in your cycle you get to a point where your cervical mucus becomes very stretchy and egg-white like, usually a few days before ovulation. And then you have a temp rise and you know you have ovulated. 

For me it's been different since I started keeping track this time around.

I consistently have the stretchy egg-white mucus about 8 days before I even have the temp change, also accompanied by a high soft cervix. Which is weird to me, and always makes me nervous, because I get slightly unsure about when the ovulation is actually happening. I thought for sure you couldn't have a temp change until the egg starts to break down (which would have to mean it was released within the past 24 hours earlier). 

I know that I am going to have the temp rise and actually ovulate (or at least that is what I have been assuming the temp rise was indicating) because my breasts get extremely sore 3-5 days leading up to the official temperature change for me. So, I know when it's coming everytime.

But I guess I am confused about the temp rise and the cervical mucus/high soft cervix being so many days apart (at least a week or more).

So basically I am confused/curious if I am actually ovulating when I get the cervical mucus. Or if I am actually ovulating a day or so before the actually temp change. Sorry if this is TMI info for anyone.

#2 of 6 Old 06-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

That is interesting.  All my symptoms coincide pretty closely.  EWCM should coincide with your ovulation pretty closely, as you need that for the sperm to get through and get to your eggs.  Maybe someone else has some info? 

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 6 Old 06-26-2012, 02:57 PM

I have some hormonal issues, my periods are pretty irregular and I have longer cycles (35-50 days). My body gears up to ovulate and then fails at least once, if not twice, before I actually ovulate. During those attempts, I will get tons of EWCM, then it will turn creamy/sticky before changing back to EWCM when I actually do ovulate.

When I was trying to get pregnant with my daughter, I would ONLY have EWCM during the attempt(s), but wouldn't have the right kind of CM when I actually did O. I finally had to get Pre-Seed (a sperm-friendly lube to mimic EWCM) in order to get pregnant.

I would assume you are ovulating within a few days of the temperature rise, and for whatever reason your body is trying to O before that but doesn't. What does your CM/cervix do right before the temp rise?

Jen - 29, part-time LDRP RN and Birth Consultant. DH - 33. Married since 2006. brokenheart.gif 3/09. DD 2010.  Expecting a surprise new one in May 2014!

#4 of 6 Old 06-30-2012, 05:59 AM

Are you by chance on any medication? That could affect your cycle as well.

#5 of 6 Old 11-22-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRN View Post

I have some hormonal issues, my periods are pretty irregular and I have longer cycles (35-50 days). My body gears up to ovulate and then fails at least once, if not twice, before I actually ovulate. During those attempts, I will get tons of EWCM, then it will turn creamy/sticky before changing back to EWCM when I actually do ovulate.

When I was trying to get pregnant with my daughter, I would ONLY have EWCM during the attempt(s), but wouldn't have the right kind of CM when I actually did O. I finally had to get Pre-Seed (a sperm-friendly lube to mimic EWCM) in order to get pregnant.

I would assume you are ovulating within a few days of the temperature rise, and for whatever reason your body is trying to O before that but doesn't. What does your CM/cervix do right before the temp rise?

Hello JenRN. I'm sorry to bring back this old thread, but I'm having issues and did a google search, then found this thread. I was very intrigued to find your post, I have never found someone who is similar to me. My cycles usually last about 50 days and are crazy to deal with. I am TTC after having a miscarriage in September, and I have all my ovulation symptoms right now. It only occurred to me after doing some research that I get all of the ovulation symptoms twice in my cycle before getting my period. I thought it was really odd, and finally read today that sometimes the body gears up to ovulate, only to stop for some reason, then start again in a couple weeks. If you don't mind my asking, you said that you have hormonal issues. It appears that I have the same issues! Have you ever been tested for anything? Or, you sound knowledgeable, do you know what causes this? I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, I'm just so intrigued to have found someone else who deals with this! I also have hope in seeing that you said you have a daughter...Hopefully I can have a baby with these crazy cycles. I have EWCM right now, on the 12th day of my cycle. Here's to hoping that I actually O in a couple of days instead of having to deal with waiting again! I NEVER have regular cycles though, so we'll see. I would love a response from you, if you don't mind! Thanks for reading.

#6 of 6 Old 11-23-2012, 07:50 AM

You guys should come and join us over on the CTA thread...we've got some posters who are pretty much experts on this kind of thing.  I would also recommend NaPro Technology, where you use a charting system that gyno experts use to diagnose and treat all kinds of issues.

www.naprotechnology.com

Wife to DH from Mexico, and mother to DD (01/10); DS (09/11); and one on the way (03 or 04/14)  buddamomimg1.png

Tags
Family Planning , Fertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page