Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness April - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 68 Old 04-01-2012, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

flower.gif   April 2012  flower.gif

Welcome to the April 2012 charting to avoid and fertility awareness thread. We are all at different stages in family planning and our own fertility. Some of us are very ardently Charting to Avoid (CTA); some are CTA but would be thrilled with a BFP; and we even have a few who are "whatevering" or pregnant and continue to hang out here.

If you did not post last month, you may have been deleted from the list. If you have joined recently, please double check I have your chart linked correctly. If you were mistakenly deleted, you would like to be added/removed, or you spot anything you would like me to change, please post or PM me to let me know. Remember, you must post in April if you want to be on the May list!

To those who are new, welcome! Welcome.gif

Who We Are

AKFamily

birdie.lee

blessedwith7 BFPChart2.gif

Buterflymomma BFPChart2.gif

canadianhippie

CarsonBookworm

Cassiani

dreamingtree BFPChart2.gif BFPChart2.gif

Guggie L Daly

JenRN

JMJ

Kat216 BFPChart2.gif

lactatinggirl

librarygirl BFPChart2.gif

Lily's_Mom

MaryLang

mtgooseberry

OneWithTwo BFPChart2.gif

organicviolin

physics girl BFPChart2.gif

TTCChloeOrConner

vrclay

WifeofAnt BFPChart2.gif

Graduates

Pregnant! belly.gif

alyadri BFPChart2.gif (March 2012)

justKate BFPChart2.gif (STM) (April 2012)

miss_honeyb BFPChart2.gif  (April 2012)

FaithHopeLove29 BFPChart2.gif

Lionessmom BFPChart2.gif

Wiki Resources for Charting to Avoid

Reasons to Choose Natural Family Planning - Why would you want to use charting to plan your family, anyway?  Feel free to add your own reasons for charting!

Types of Natural Family Planning - It's not just the rhythm method.  They've got this down to a science with options galore!

NFP or FAM Methods While Breastfeeding - You have options in the postpartum period while your fertility is returning!

Resources For Learning About Fertility Cycles - Find books to read or websites to visit, find an instructor, post your chart online, and learn about how your diet affects your fertility.

Fertility Awareness Method - A quick-start guide to the Fertility Awareness, a version of the Sympto-Thermal Method taught by Toni Weschler in her book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

Common Abbreviations for Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness - BBT, EWCM, TCOYF, and more!  Learn what all these crazy acronyms mean here.

Happy Charting Everyone!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 68 Old 04-03-2012, 10:42 AM

Happy New Month Ladies!!!!

Well, I've got baby fever AGAIN! Or maybe it just didn't go away.....

I'm not in the right place or stage in my life to actually have a child. But this case of Baby Fever is PAINFUL!

Thank G-d that I'm CTA.....otherwise, I don't know what my hormones would make me do!

Working jammin.gif Student Mama to a energy.gif4 y/o.

#3 of 68 Old 04-03-2012, 02:47 PM
JMJ

I totally forgot it's a new month already.  Thanks for the new thread.  You may move me back up since I had my baby.  I'm not sure I count as charting since I'm using ecological breastfeeding and not cycling (hopefully for a long time), but I'm definitely not pregnant anymore, though I was trying to think if anyone would fall for the April Fools joke that I am pregnant, given that my son was 2 weeks 5 days old.  That would have to be some super fast ovulation (not to mention super fast DTD) to get a positive pregnancy test that fast!

#4 of 68 Old 04-03-2012, 05:12 PM

lol- how many moms posted they were pregnant for April Fool's?  I did.

have baby fever too.  soooo bad.  and 2 friend announced new pregnancies, when 2 friends had new babies!

but happy to have a waistline, and enjoying the almost 1 year old who just is a demanding adorable bunch of energy.

HAPPY APRIL!

joy.gifSAHM and Holistic Health Counselor with  angel.gif 1/05, DS1 blahblah.gif 3/06, angel1.gif 5/07, DD1 dust.gif 3/08, DD2 thumbsuck.gif 11/09, DD3 energy.gif 4/11, and DS2 babyf.gif 2/13.  expecting a surprise stork-suprise.gif 8/14!
#5 of 68 Old 04-06-2012, 03:27 PM

JMJ~ I wanted to say CONGRATS on the arrival of your little one! Soo happy for you!

I also wanted to ask if you could take a look at my chart? My TCOYF chart isn't uploading, so I will post my FF link at the end of this post.

FF Shows ovulation on CD18 and TCOYF shows O on CD19.

I am pregnant. According to the charts: I had implantation spotting and implantation dip at 9 (tcoyf) or 10dpo (FF) and got a bfp @ 10 or 11dpo. I also had more spotting at 11 or 12dpo. So, I thought it was a chemical pregnancy, but the spotting went away by the end of that day and everything has seemed ok since then.

So fast forward to today. I went in for a viability u/s this morning. According to my charts I should be 6w 3/4d along. Well once again at this u/s we saw only an empty sac measuring at most 5w 6d. My OB could not even find a yolk sac. I am in disbelief that this is happening to me again only a few short months later.

My question is, how common is it to not see a yolk sac at this stage in the game? Also, can my dates be that off again? I am thinking that it is looking like a blighted ovum and I am going to be experiencing another loss very soon. I go in Thursday to see if there has been any progress. I have also tentatively scheduled a d&c for Friday, just in case nothing has changed. I just can't go through another natural m/c at home. My last one was very traumatic for me. I feel like the d&c is the better choice for my situation.

Anwyay, I appreciate any help. Also appreciate you checking out my chart. Thanks!!

My Chart

Nicole
Wife to Victor
partners.gif familybed2.gif, buddamomimg1.png, caffix.gif, large family lovin'SAHM chicken3.gif to my chicklets, Nicholas 9/05 ,Genevieve 1/08, Viviana 11/09 and Michaela 5/11. Plus three angel babies in Jesus' arms. Forever in my heart  angel.gif  7/10 (5.5w), angel.gif  11/11 (11w) & angel.gif 4/12 (8w)

John 3:16

#6 of 68 Old 04-06-2012, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

buterflymomma - I have no advice only hugs for you. I am also in disbelief that this is happening to you again!!!  :( 

#7 of 68 Old 04-06-2012, 05:16 PM

Thank you infojunkie. I had a bad feeling about the pregnancy from the beginning, but chalked it up to just being gun shy from my November loss. My symptoms have been coming and going, and some have gone away completely. I was really hoping for good news today, but wasn't surprised when the sac was empty. If I lose this pregnancy too, my DH and I have decided that we really are going to wait at least 6 mo-1year before TTC again. I need to give my body time to rest and also get a bit healthier. I will be very surprised if we see progress next week.

Nicole
Wife to Victor
partners.gif familybed2.gif, buddamomimg1.png, caffix.gif, large family lovin'SAHM chicken3.gif to my chicklets, Nicholas 9/05 ,Genevieve 1/08, Viviana 11/09 and Michaela 5/11. Plus three angel babies in Jesus' arms. Forever in my heart  angel.gif  7/10 (5.5w), angel.gif  11/11 (11w) & angel.gif 4/12 (8w)

#8 of 68 Old 04-07-2012, 08:08 AM

How is it April already? Last month just flew by!

Hugs to you, buterflymomma.hug.gif What a sad thing to have happen once, let alone twice...

I've had baby fever for a while now... But DH and I have agreed to start trying cycle after next in May/June! joy.gif I'm so excited, and that's so soon, hopefully it will be easy enough to wait out next cycle.

I started taking the Lifetime Professional Prenatal (thanks for recommending Marilyn Shannon's book, guys!) and vitex capsules this cycle, and it seems to be having an effect, though I'm no sure it's the desired one... I usually O around day 18-20, and I'm on day 23 today and still no O. I've read that B6 can delay O, but I didn't think the amount in the prenatals would be too much? On the good side for preparing to TTC, my CM this month has been super abundant and fertile! I've also been extremely... Um, horny, lol! redface.gif My DH can hardly keep up with me this cycle! Not sure if that's from the new supplements, but I'll take that, lol!

Me + DH  partners.gif And E baby.gif makes three! 3.2.13 stillheart.gif

#9 of 68 Old 04-07-2012, 12:54 PM
JMJ

Thanks, Butterflymomma.  Hugs to you.  Your chart looks like a beautiful triphasic pregnancy chart.  5 weeks 6 days is only 4 days off from your charted estimate, and given that it's possible for you to ovulate up to 3 days off from peak day/beginning of temp rise, and the ultrasound could be a couple days off as well, it is certainly possible to have a healthy baby measure 5W 6D at this point.  The lack of a yolk sac concerns me much more.  I don't know what the chances are of a yolk sac not appearing by about 6 weeks, but I know it's usually there by about 5 weeks, so that worries me.  Congratulations on receiving this gift of life, and I'm praying for you and your family during this nerve-wracking time, praying for peace, praying for a miracle.  I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through this, so similar to the baby you lost such a short time ago.

#10 of 68 Old 04-07-2012, 01:03 PM

Thanks JMJ. That was what I was afraid of. I really am not expecting good news Thursday.  This pregnancy feel pretty much the same as my last one. I felt pregnant at first, but slowly my symptoms are disappearing. I normally feel VERY pregnant by now. At the moment, my symptoms are intermittent at best.

I will give an update after my appointment on Thursday. I am hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Nicole
Wife to Victor

#11 of 68 Old 04-08-2012, 10:47 AM

Hi! I'm new here! TTA, and still scrambling to settle on a method, materials and routine. I have experienced ERTF after each birth. :/ And now w/ 3 littles, I'd like to wait until they are all CLW before TTC again.

#12 of 68 Old 04-08-2012, 12:59 PM

Butterfly- When I was pg with DD, she was showing growth about three weeks behind, including no yolk sac. That is why I kept telling my OB that even though he wanted me to have a D&C, that I was certain that everything was fine and that I did NOT conceive when everyone else thought that I did.

Our bodies are bizarre by nature...

#13 of 68 Old 04-08-2012, 01:06 PM

I forgot to add:

I want to post a chart for y'all to see, because my cycle this month has literally gone for the birds.

I should be O'ing by now...and nada. No change in CM, CP and my temps are higher than the average cycle for me, pre-O, but much lower than they would be afterward.

I know that every month is different, but I want to hurry up and get O over with so me and my guy can dtd. I hate condoms and the waiting is making me very ticked off, on top of the Baby Fever from hell.

I mean I hate to complain, but this is the worst case of Baby Fever I've EVER had. I feel like I'm going to go insane. I cannot adopt a pet, grow a garden, or anything that makes up taking care of something. I hate it! I hate it! G-d, my L-rd I HATE IT!

#14 of 68 Old 04-08-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonBookworm View Post

Butterfly- When I was pg with DD, she was showing growth about three weeks behind, including no yolk sac. That is why I kept telling my OB that even though he wanted me to have a D&C, that I was certain that everything was fine and that I did NOT conceive when everyone else thought that I did.

Our bodies are bizarre by nature...

Very interesting. So were you measuring on target for when YOU knew you ovulated and conceived? Just another case of why mamas need to trust their own instincts!

#15 of 68 Old 04-09-2012, 06:01 AM

oh butterflymomma- sending you peace and rest and tears for this time.  I'm so sorry.

and i hurt for you from the same place.  

update us soon!

joy.gifSAHM and Holistic Health Counselor with  angel.gif 1/05, DS1 blahblah.gif 3/06, angel1.gif 5/07, DD1 dust.gif 3/08, DD2 thumbsuck.gif 11/09, DD3 energy.gif 4/11, and DS2 babyf.gif 2/13.  expecting a surprise stork-suprise.gif 8/14!
#16 of 68 Old 04-09-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infojunkie View Post

Very interesting. So were you measuring on target for when YOU knew you ovulated and conceived? Just another case of why mamas need to trust their own instincts!

Yes, I was.

#17 of 68 Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 PM
JMJ

Welcome, Guggie!  What is ERTF?  Have you checked out the wiki on types of NFP listed in the first post?

CarsonBookworm, it scares me to wonder how many D&C's are actually abortions performed on viable pregnancies that weren't as far along as everyone thought they should be.

#18 of 68 Old 04-09-2012, 05:15 PM

Not sure if I should read much into this or not. My temp dropped yesterday which put it below the coverline TCOYF  gave me. It is still above the coverline that FF gave me though. I temped again this morning and it had gone up a tiny bit but not much.

We are not using the heater anymore and I was sleeping with only a sheet on, so I was a bit cooler than normal the past couple of morning. Would that play a role in dropping my temp so low, or is it looking like my progesterone is dropping too? So far I am not spotting, but I have been having some AF type cramping off and on. I know I only have a couple more days to wait to find out, but ughh it's killing me.

Nicole
Wife to Victor

#19 of 68 Old 04-09-2012, 07:25 PM
JMJ

It could be dropping progesterone, a cooler room, or something else.  It's easy to look at the temps and feel like it's one more sign that things aren't going well, and it could be, but to know for sure, you're really going to have to hang tight and see what happens.  Hugs and prayers.

#20 of 68 Old 04-10-2012, 12:54 PM

Butterfly-

i had cramping/bloating menstrual type pains with my pregnancies too, didn't temp though.

prayers-

#21 of 68 Old 04-10-2012, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Hi.  I'm kinda new.  Charted to get my son (now 16 months) and I'm doing a little charting now.  We had an oops last month but AF started yesterday.  Makes me a little sad that I'm not more fertile (I have PCOS) but the cycle ended with the same result that we were aiming for when it started.  I can't find my thermometer and my wakeup is a little erratic with a little one so I don't have temperatures on my chart.  We are currently TTA until at least mid-July, depending on how DH's job search goes.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2a4398

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#22 of 68 Old 04-10-2012, 04:52 PM

welcome, wifeofant!

buterflymama- I am so sorry if you are going through this again. :( I hope you get good news at the dr.

So, I had the longest fertile period this month. fertile CM for about a week and a half before I finally peaked. I don't temp so not sure if it coincided with that. I emailed my Billings Instructor (and new HCP, actually) and her response was "your body just really really wants you to get pregnant!" Well, I guess that's good news but I've got 6 more weeks before we are TTC! Speaking of, if my calculations are correct and I have my normal cycle next month, guess who will be visiting on my wedding day? Yup, an very uninvited AF. My mother said, "could be one good advantage of wedding stress delaying ovulation, I guess..."

Hope everyone is having a good April (it's snowing in northern Ohio....not very April-like)!

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#23 of 68 Old 04-10-2012, 06:21 PM

Hi! I am new to this thread and group. I charted with both my boys and got prego with DS1 on first charting experience, then had a MC then during that same month (even though I showed no signs of ovulation) conceived DS2. DS1 is 3 and DS2 is nearly 1. So, I am using Lady Comp for charting help. I love it! However, my body hasn't started cycling as I'm still nursing "the beast" as we have dubbed him. He nurses a ton still. So, I'm pretty sure that I'm beginning to cycle though as my CM has been intense and then on Monday after some seriously hot steamy lovin' with my hubby the next day I had a huge temp increase. So, now I'm going on day 2 of high temp and am curious to know if I managed to get prego. We aren't trying or anything so it would be amusing to say the least! 

With DS1 my cycles resumed around 9.5 months after birth...so I was expecting the same with this one, but it's been much later (if I am cycling again, which is hard to know right now). Also when we were TTC when I was still nursing DS1 it didn't matter how we timed it, I never got prego, even if I nursed once. So I am intrigued if it is going to be the same way again!).

Anyone's cycles resume at different times with different kids? If so how did you know if you got prego before AF resumed? This is totally uncharted territory for me. I'm assuming I just hang out for a couple weeks and if my temp drops obviously not prego, but if it remains high then yes prego? 

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#24 of 68 Old 04-12-2012, 08:21 AM

buterflymomma: Thinking of you and your appointment today <3

#25 of 68 Old 04-12-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infojunkie View Post

buterflymomma: Thinking of you and your appointment today <3

This.

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#26 of 68 Old 04-12-2012, 01:49 PM

Thank you ladies.

Well, I wish I had better news. My Dr. is 99.9% sure that this is a blighted ovum. I am supposed to be 7w2-3d today, but am measuring 6w1d. There was some growth from last week, but there is still no visible yolk sac, fetal pole or baby. He looked at several different angles and also zoomed in to be sure. I have read about babies being missed in early u/s, due to a titled uterus, so I asked my OB if this could possibly be the case with me. He said no, that my uterus is not titled.

With the growth, my DH and I have decided to postpone my d&c until next week. We are going in next Thursday for another progress u/s and if there still isn't anything in the sac, I will go in for my procedure on Friday.

While this is painful, my DH and I are good with whatever God has planned for us. We are looking towards the future and have decided to put TTC on hold again for 1 year. This will give both of us time to work on our health and some other issues that we have been needing to address. I have decided (because I have absolutely no willpower at all when baby fever rolls around) to have a Mirena placed. I have had one before and it has worked well for me. I also had no issues conceiving after it was removed. I am hoping this will be true for me this time as well.

I will give you all an update again next week after my appointment. Thank you all so much for your support.

Nicole
Wife to Victor

#27 of 68 Old 04-12-2012, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

buterflymomma, I am so sorry. Hugs.

#28 of 68 Old 04-13-2012, 06:56 AM

so sorry butterfly.  praying for you whatever comes.

have most momma's had d&c's after miscarriage?  i didn't have one with either miscarriage, but just had my hormones tested w/ blood tests, and only with one had a confirming ultrasound.

i'm just curious to how the decision is made for the d&c vs. not.

#29 of 68 Old 04-13-2012, 07:53 AM
JMJ

Hugs, Butterflymomma.

#30 of 68 Old 04-13-2012, 09:00 AM

Caissani~ To answer your questions about the d&c. I actually requested to have it done. He was ok with my having a natural m/c at home, but honestly I can't go through that again. My natural m/c in November was very traumatic for me. It took two weeks to complete and my life pretty much stopped during that time. Personally for me, going in for a d&c is the best choice. Also, with it being a blighted ovum, my body can take weeks or months to figure out I am not really pregnant, which means I will more than likely continue to have the pregnancy symptoms I am having now. I personally can't handle going through this for an unknown number of weeks. I need closure and the d&c will give me that. I hope this helps to answer your question.

Nicole
Wife to Victor

Tags
Family Planning , Fertility

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page