Questions about Essure? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-15-2012, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My hubs and I have been discussing permanent birth control for awhile now and discovered that our HMO covers Essure for the cost of an office visit. I read up on it and I'm pretty sure that this is the direction I want to go in. I'm wondering if anyone could share experiences about the procedure itself -- what was it like (read: How much did it hurt?!) and your recovery time. I know that all the brochures say "back to regular activities within a day" blahblahblah but actually hearing it from someone, rather than ad copy seems like a better representation of the experience ;)

Michelle -- geeky homeschooling mama

#2 of 2 Old 05-17-2012, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would google it. A lot of women have bad reactions to it. Basically it is like an IUD in that you can become allergic and/or it can migrate to other places. Unlike the IUD you can't get it out.

Are you sensitive to nickel? Do you need to wear silver or gold in your ears?

I would take extra consideration before doing it. Another option is Adiana - basically the same thing but they use plastic instead of metal coils. It does seem to have a higher failure rate though.

I dunno shrug.gif when I looked into it it just definitely rubbed me the wrong way. A lot of women with a lot of problems. 

Just google "essure side effects" or something like that. They have whole threads of bad reactions some places.

Good luck!

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Tags
Family Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page