Question about taking BBT - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-30-2012, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I'm getting serious about charting my cycle (based on recs from you awesome mamas I've finally downloaded Fertility Friend on my phone to hopefully make it easier).

I ordered a BBT thermometer but I'm worried that I'll forget or take it at the wrong time (seems hard to make this work with an early rising toddler!).

So my question for all of you experienced with taking your BBT: do you have any tricks for remembering to do it first thing in the morning? How do you make it work when your LO(s) sometimes need you in the early hours?

Also (I have to find TCOYF at the library again...) does it need to be the very 1st thing you do in the morning? Like before you get out of bed?

TIA!

Mama to my little busy bee. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I didn't chart with a little one, but I had a pretty varied schedule when I was charting, so I found I set my alarm for a bit before my earliest waking time, and took it at that time every day.  And then I made sure to note if I had taken it on less than 3 hours of sleep.  

I kept my therm on my nightstand, and when the alarm went off, i rolled over, took my temp and either got up for the day, or rolled over and went back to sleep. Key was getting a therm that kept the temp recorded until I checked it later.  

I did that for three-ish years and got pretty decent charts.

I hope that helped a bit. :)

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 06-07-2012, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Thanks, AdinaL!

I'm almost through week one of charting & I've taken it every day. I haven't been taking it at exactly the same time (but only off by 15 minutes or so) & we've had a little bug & I've had to take my temp after waking up with DS first a couple of times & we've had a couple sleepless nights (& I'm still nursing) but we'll see how this turns out. So far the temps seem a bit all over the place! I have no idea what my chart will look like...

I just wish the therm I got didn't beep so loudly! I'm afraid it's waking everyone else up!

Mama to my little busy bee. 

Tags
Family Planning
User Tag List