Random cramps requiring ibuprofen most of the month on Paragard IUD over one year after insertion - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-09-2012, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem?  Period normal length (heavy), but I'm realizing I take ibuprofen for cramps probably 25 out of 30 days of each month.  I've had it in for over a year.  Previously I had the 5-year Multi-load375 and didn't have problems with cramps this much (still had crampiness but not most days). 

I'm don't want to have it removed, First of all--it hurts going in and coming out!  Second, I love the 9--more years of worry free birth control.  I just had an ultrasound; everything is placed correctly, no abnormalities. 

Starting to wonder if all this ibuprofen will hurt me at some point though.
Thoughts?  Thanks everyone--Oh, I have not had nor want children and I'm 40.  My sister who also has Paraguard says she also gets random cramps throughout the month but not enough to require ibuprofen--she's had four kids though. 

p.s. What's the experience with this cervix-softening medication to make insertion less painful--does it work for removal?  My doctor never heard of it. 

#2 of 3 Old 07-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)

Hi schneiderpants and welcome to Mothering! I haven't had this problem but noticed your post and wanted to bump it up for attention. 

Anyone have input to share? 

#3 of 3 Old 07-12-2012, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm starting to experiment, taking Evening Primrose Oil supplements. 3rd day and cramps minimal; which may be just correct timing.   

Tags
Family Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page