i only needed 2 more months! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-28-2012, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I am In school to be a nurse and I planned on becoming healthier this time while I was finishing school. But I need to just get this off my chest and outta my head lol! My husband and I are planning to get pregnant after I'm done school which I have 10 months left basically. My dilemma is we had SI Tuesday night. Thursday I was noticing physical hormone changes like greasy face tender breast other stuff... I took 2 test an ovulation and pregnancy test. Pregnancy was negative and ovulation was VERY + lol. I want a baby but after school only 10 months til I'm done this rigorous program... any thoughts? What is the likely hood of pregnancy... I'm freakin out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-28-2012, 06:28 AM

Well, the odds of successful pregnancy achievement even when trying is about 20%, so if you had unprotected sex at the time you were ovulating, I would think that would be the odds.

Fledgling midwife on hiatus, Wife to B, mama to C (c/s ribboncesarean.gif 12/04) and S hbac.gif (12/07), angel3.gif m/c (3/12) and expecting another bean 6/13 stork-suprise.gif.

#3 of 4 Old 08-01-2012, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

That is what I'm thinking, now a week later, I am warm and urinating every 2 hours on the dot, with the tender breasts, im testing in a week and calling my doctor tomorrow, are these measures too drastic

#4 of 4 Old 09-10-2012, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

A pregnancy test taken about 14 days after you ovulate is usually pretty accurate. (your ovulation date can be about 2-3 days after your first positive opk)  A dollar tree test is cheap and good.  I don't think taking a pregnancy test is a drastic measure.  I'd probably wait until I got a positive test to call a doctor.  Even if it were positive, a doctor doesn't see you until your 8-12 weeks along anyway.   ...and they will just tell you to take a urine pregnancy test, because that is what they use.

Tags
Family Planning

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page