Baby Bug - with an infant!? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-10-2012, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wondering if anyone else got to feeling like they should be pregnant again while baby was still, well, a baby!

Started feeling this way at about 6 months, and best way I can describe it is just this sense of "I should be getting pregnant again" - because I don't *think* it's a good idea!

Possibly logical reasons why:
- had a very difficult time ttc
- I'm gonna be 30 this yr
- baby girl is awesome, why not have more awesomeness?

Logical reasons why not:
- I had Hyperemesis Gravidarum, my nutrition stores still are back where they need to be
- I want to continue ebf, and a Hyperemesis pregnancy would def put breastfeeding to an end
- I'm loving one baby, and giving her all my attention, why would I want to change that??
- I'm actually seeing a doc to sort out lingering pain issues with sex, so it's not exactly like husband and I have been busy!

Feel crazy for wanting to be getting pregnant when it so interferes with other things I want, like ebf! Anyone else go through this?
#2 of 6 Old 08-14-2012, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I'm sorry I don't have any experience to share, but I am bumping this up for more attention.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 6 Old 08-14-2012, 03:15 PM

I am looking at the TTC forum for this very reason. It's like once DD turned 6 months, I got hit with the baby bug, HARD.  I cuddle strangers' newborns with my eyes.  I was wondering if anyone new of any tips to get AF back while EBF.  I honestly want to be pregnant again...

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#4 of 6 Old 08-20-2012, 10:31 PM

I can totally relate to all of this!  DD is just 12 weeks old, and I really, really want to have one more baby... and I'm getting up there in age, so I don't feel like I can just sit back and see what happens-- it feels like I have to be really proactive with things!  But I'm EBF also... I'm not sure when I'll get my first PPAF, but I'm hoping it will follow suit with what happened when I had DS-- it came at 5.5 months PP, even with all the nursing he did, no soother, solids at 6 months, etc. 

What do you ladies think you are going to do?

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#5 of 6 Old 08-28-2012, 03:57 PM

I've been there!  My first two are spaced 2.5 years apart, 2 and 3 are almost 4 years apart.  I prefer the larger spacing, and was previously scared to get pregnant before the youngest was still nursing (at least nursing several times a day) and in diapers.  When I was pregnant with #3, i was certain that I was done having kids, didn't even want to consider another pregnancy.  And then, for no real apparent reason, when he was about 3 months old, all i could think about was having just one more.  While I held my chubby 6mo old, i yearned for another baby to cuddle too!  I knew it was silly and ridiculous, and there were several very good reasons why we shouldn't have another baby.  Then AF returned at 9mo pp, and a few weeks later I was holding a positive pregnancy test.  Baby #4 is 11months old now, and I feel our family is complete and have no desire for any new babies...ever! :)

So no, I don't think it's strange that you are feeling the baby bug all ready.  I will say that having 2 under 2 years is really challenging!  Make sure it's what you really want before pursuing it.

Mama to Butterfly, B(ee), Bug, and Laniecakes

#6 of 6 Old 08-29-2012, 07:22 AM

element, have you looked at the thread in ttc, for nursing mamas? 

strawberry, my experience as been just that-- 2 under 2 is challenging!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)

Tags
Family Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page