A bit nervous - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-17-2012, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So my boyfriend and I have been using the Withdraw method for a few months now (i know...not very smart lol) and I am about 5 dpo. I ovulated on 8/12 and am having symptoms....Nausea and aversion of drinks/foods started yesterday and have been on and off since, I had an increase in discharge the day before yesterday and I am moody, my boobs don't hurt but they normally do before my period. Now I kind of want to be preggo but wouldnt be too upset if I wasn't as i already have three kids from a previous relationship and and my bf really doesnt want anymore kids yet as he has his own daughter. Is it possible to get preggo off the withdraw method and have any of you ladies ever had that happen??? Can I hang out on this site til i find out?

#2 of 5 Old 08-17-2012, 05:11 PM

According to Planned Parenthood statistics, out of 100 couples who practice withdrawal with absolute perfect use for a year, four women will become pregnant. For 100 couples with "typical use" which includes the possibility of an occasional slip-up, 27 will become pregnant. So yes, even though withdrawal is pretty effective for couples who use it perfectly, it is entirely possible to become pregnant using it.

#3 of 5 Old 08-18-2012, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I woke up this morning to extreme nausea...I am not saying I am for sue but I have this feeling that it is a big possibility now. Yesterday I got really emotional over something my BF had said, which I dont think he realized how much it effected me, something that may not effect me so much most of the time. I had mild period like cramps yesterday and the day before but nothing so far today, just nausea.

#4 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 08:22 AM

That's how I ended up pregnant with number 3. That and DH has super sperm that can survive exceptionally long periods before ovulation apparently! I would take a test soon and keep us posted! Hopefully whatever you desire will be. :-)

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#5 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah I will definitely let you know. Right now I am havin slight cramps, yesterday i had back pain that radiated to my legs, and nausea slightly still and Extreme fatigue...and i know its TMI but since that discharge that i had 3-4 days after O, I am completely dry...I am NEVER dry after O...I actually always have excessive CM after DeAR Child #3 so being dry is abnormal for me...

Tags
Family Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page