bizarre BBT...help?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-12-2012, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies! I'm in need of some help please! I've only been charting a short while and am trying to understand what is going on...
On Aug 13th I ovulated - I'm 100% sure of that. Then I had what appeared to be a 4 day luteal phase and started menstruating n Aug 18th. It was not implantation bleeding, definitely a period! Then it stopped 3 days later. On Sep 1st I had a small amount of spotting. I was certain I couldn't be pregnant as the luteal phase was waay too short. I took a test anyway (ever hopeful;) ) and it was -. I ovulated again 3 days ago. The bizarre thing is that my temperature didnt dip at all during my period, but it did dip significantly 10 days later for 3 days. It rose again when I ovulated but only for 2 days, now it is just sitting on my coverline. Can anyone help with some advice/insight please? I'm kinda going crazy not knowing what's going on! Thanks:D
#2 of 4 Old 09-13-2012, 09:44 AM

what reasons are making you feel sure you ovulated?  Also, are you monitoring cervical mucus signs?  And are there factors that could be causing "breakthrough" type of bleeding?  Like, did you recently stop chemical birth control?  Are your breastfeeding?  These are some things to consider in the big picture that came to my mind.

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.
#3 of 4 Old 09-13-2012, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47chromosomes View Post

what reasons are making you feel sure you ovulated?  Also, are you monitoring cervical mucus signs?  And are there factors that could be causing "breakthrough" type of bleeding?  Like, did you recently stop chemical birth control?  Are your breastfeeding?  These are some things to consider in the big picture that came to my mind.

Hi, in answer to your questions:
Cervix was SHOW both times I knew, opk confirmed it.
I haven't had chemical bc for over 2 years.
I am breastfeeding my 14mo day and night still.

My cycles started again I think 5 months ago. The first 2 or 3 were normal and the last 2 have just been very odd. When I had the spotting last month it was just the tiniest little bit but definitely there. Cm was red not pink. I know nursing changes hormones and therefore cycles but the fact that I've had my cycle back for several months and it was normal for half that time makes me think it's no longer being influenced by the nursing. Or can it be fine one month and the next month affected by nursing again??

#4 of 4 Old 09-14-2012, 06:41 PM

Boy... all the things that came to my mind, well, I'm afraid I have no more brilliant ideas. orngtongue.gif  I am breast feeding my 23 month old still night and day, and sometimes I think ovulation is delayed because of it, but I have been taught, and always heard that the luteal phase (the period of time between ovulation and menstruation) is "always" the same for a woman.  Other reasons for very light spotting that I can think of would be from mild trauma to the cervix during sex, or implantation bleeding.  Anyway... sorry to not be of any help.  Good luck!

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.

Tags
Fertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page