When do you think I ovulated? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This is my fifth pregnancy. Completely unexpected. I keep good track of my cycles though and we have been using natural family planning for seven years. LMP was July 1st. The one before that was June 1st. My fourth baby was still born April 3rd. So the June 1st period was my first after her birth. My cycles tend to average 28-30 days. My last full cycle before I got pregnant was 30 days. I did have one that was only 26 days when I was trying to conceive my 4th baby. Our anniversary was July 8th. We had sex that night. I thought I was in the safe window so no precautions were taken. We went away for the weekend the next weekend which was July 13-15. We had sex both nights but used the withdrawl method. My DH is very good about it and we have never had an unplanned pregnancy or even a scare. On July 10th I had what I thought was egg white cervical mucus but didn't think much of it because I thought it was a little early for ovulation. The next week I had nothing much to note in the mucus department. So by LMP I am 12 weeks and 4 days. I have been having a lot of cramping and some spotting the last few days so I went to see my midwife this past Tuesday. Had a quick ultrasound to just check things out and put my mind at ease. I normally don't do a lot of testing or ultrasounds in pregnancy. Baby looked great, heartbeat around 160. Everything else seemed normal. Ultrasound dated baby at 13 weeks, 5 days. There is no way the baby is that far along because we had not had sex anywhere near that time and that was even before my last period. I suspect baby is more like 13 weeks. So, thoughts from mama's here. Do you think I ovulated early like around day 10, 11 or 12? Or do you think I ovulated closer to days 14-16?

Thanks!

#2 of 2 Old 09-29-2012, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i didn't want to read and run but initially i was honestly a little confused! :) now that i've done some math i think the most likely scenario is that you ovulated shortly after you saw the egg white mucus july 10th and could have conceived from sperm from either july 8th intercourse or the 12th intercourse. but if i were to guess, i would say you probably dropped the egg on july 11th or 12th. if you pulled out on the 12th/13th, the sperm was probably waiting around from the july 8th intercourse. hope that helps. oh and congrats!

homebirth.jpg intactlact.gif love of DH and mama to DS born 1/12

Tags
Fertility , Family Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page