6 Days Late, brown spotting for 4, BFN? Help? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-03-2012, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ladies, 

I am so confused. This past month has been stressful, happy stressful but still very stressful. My Fiancee just moved in!!! YIPPIE! But on to the confusing part....

I have very very regular cycles and keep track of them simply using FertiltyFriend.  Our method of "protection" is to use condoms from the moment my period starts then to wait till about 5 or so days after Ovulation (I am watching for the patch of EW to end then counting about 5 days) to stop using condoms until my period starts again. This has worked for MONTHS reliably.  Until this week..

I was due for my period on Thursday, Sept 27th. I am never more than a day off either way but now it is Wednesday of the next week! I am 6 days late.  For the past 4 days I have had brown spotting and a tension in my abdomen, a bit of dizziness yesterday but BFN today and yesterday. I have 2 children already and have never had anything like this happen before ALSO I have been able to get a BFP at least by the first day I would have expected my period.  Thoughts?

Does anyone think I am pregnant? Why has my period not started yet? Could the stress cause a crazy month? Could I have misread the signs and Oed later so that I actually am pregnant? Couldit be a chemical pregnancy? OR Ectopic? Kind of going crazy right now! 

Thanks, 

Andrea

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-03-2012, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

So I just went and checked my pregnancy test from this morning (4.5hrs ago) and it has a faint evap line on it. jaw.gif  I KNOW I should not look after the fact and I am not putting any stock in the line.....testing again tomorrow morning. 

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#3 of 5 Old 10-03-2012, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
What happened? Sounds like you ovulated late and may indeed be pregnant. Hope you get the answer you want

Loving wife to DH  mama to DS1 3/13/09 , DS2 4/20/11   and DS3 1/12/13 Professional and attempting to  while     
#4 of 5 Old 10-03-2012, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Well AF came with avengeance this afternoon!  Filled with mixed emotions. Guess stress just through off my cycle.  

#5 of 5 Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 AM

That happened to me last month- 6 days of brown spotting and then full on bleeding for a week.  It was an emotional roller coaster!  Stress, sickness, travel...there are many things that can mess with your cycle.  But I ONLY have spotted like that when I was pregnant so I was sure I was...glad I wasn't for the timing was bad but now I'm wanting...

Take care.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

Tags
Fertility , Family Planning

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page