Charting To Avoid-FAM/NFP October 2012 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 10-29-2012, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!  I read this section often.  We are really doing nothing - lots of avoiding right now.  DS is 14 months now and I got pregnant with him when DD was 19 months with no period in between.  I am still with no period yet.  I "track" CM but it seems for the past month there has never been 3 dry days in a row.  I know/think I have POCS - I see the doctor on Friday for the blood results but already know I have cycsts. My doctor and I will talk about using birth control or charting on Friday.  I want to chart but my cycles are all over the map and it is very difficult. 

#32 of 33 Old 10-30-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_gooseberry View Post

And yes, I know it is possible for sperm to survive up to 5 days in the presence of FERTILE mucus, not just any mucus.  I don't know how common it is, though.  Five days seems to be the upper limit.  

According to OPKs (I wasn't charting) it's totally possible that is how we conceived DS - DH left to go on a camping trip with his friends, and I was bummed we'd missed our shot when I got the closest-to-positive OPK in that cycle four days later (never had a stark positive) - only, low and behold, he returned to a BFP. orngbiggrin.gif

It's also possible, of course, that I messed up the OPKs, that it was 3 days really, not four, etc...but it could happen.

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#33 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

The new thread is up!  I did some housecleaning, so if you have been deleted from the list, but would like to be relisted, let me know.  Also, if you have a chart to link to, let me know...although I will need instructions on how to do that, 'cuz I have noooo idea!  Lastly, I deleted the "Graduates," because I have not kept up on who has gotten pregnant, and it was probably way out-of-date.  :)

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1367120/charting-to-avoid-fam-nfp-november-2012

Wife to DH from Mexico, and mother to DD (01/10); DS (09/11); and one on the way (03 or 04/14)  buddamomimg1.png

Tags
Fertility , Family Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page