Mothering Forum banner

Baby fever with 18 month old

586 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MissCee 
#1 ·
DD is just shy of 19 months but she's not a great sleeper, nurses a lot and is still in diapers full time. We have an old house that's always a mess (I need to declutter in a major way), I'm always behind on chores, we are hoping to move to a newer area with better schools/neighbourhoods, I'm a SAHM and money isn't exactly abundant. I don't want to wean and I'm scared of losing my supply due to pregnancy. Lots of great reasons to wait.

On the other hand, I'm 32, DH is 34, we both want two kids (and always have), MIL and FIL are turning 70, and I'd like to remain a SAHM until both kiddos are in school to avoid using daycare so the sooner we have the second one, the sooner I can bring in some money. We cloth diaper, I would tandem nurse if DD is interested and we have a lot of the baby necessities still in great condition and a great bucket carseat with a good while until expiry so baby expenses should be manageable. Although i have a couple of medical issues, the pregnancy with DD was unconplicated, even enjoyable and delivery was straight forward with an easy recovery. Also good reasons to start TTC soon.

DH is totally on board. If anything, he's even more interested in getting pregnant soon than I am. I'd love to hear from BTDT moms in similar situations, what you decided and whether you think it was the way to go. I'm on the fence: terrified but excited... Terricited! Thanks for any input :)

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm not going through this myself (DH and I are waiting a couple more years to ttc #2), but because of everything you listed that seem more like concerns (your daughter still not sleeping great, etc) you guys could go for more not trying not preventing that way there's no real pressure and you can still work on trying to get things sorted (chores, etc), but still be "trying" so to speak :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.