Charting To Avoid-FAM/NFP November 2012 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-11-2012, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had cysts. Have one on each side right now. Most of the time I just get pinching pains. No big deal. But one time it hurt so bad I went to the er. They wouldn't give me anything or do anything. It was over quick.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, mamas,

Looking for support as I, reluctantly start the CTA phase of life. My DD turns 2 tomorrow and I've not yet had PPAF (she still nurses a bunch, though less lately). But, in the last few days I've seen some EWCM. After my last two babies, I had anovulatory periods for several months, so this was really unexpected. I'm not sure if it's necessarily ovulation or if it's possible varying meds/supps could be affecting it. :/ I haven't worried about fertility in quite a while so I'm not even sure what DOES potentially affect CM!

I'd love thoughts on this... I've had twinges on my lower left side at three different times in the last 2-3 weeks. It's occurred to me that it could be O pain but really feels like something muscular. Being that it's returned, always on the same side, within a span of days or weeks, it really can't be O pain, right? I had a vision of shooting out tons of eggs with how many times I've felt it. lol.gif I do generally have a sensation of O'ing but I'm just not sure that's what this is.

I'm figuring I need to assume fertility, anyway, right now with the patches of EWCM, watery CM, and a pretty dark OPK - not as dark as the control, but very clearly there. I was hoping if the EWCM was Friday night that we'd be "clear" by now but took the OPK (and an HPT! redface.gif) just in case, and was not too thrilled to see such a dark line on the OPK. How long do you ladies assume fertility lasts after EWCM?

So, we have 4 and DH and I are in agreement that any more children (right now, at least - that's me speaking) would be a BAD idea for us and our family. We have enough stress and strain from various directions as it is and DH does NOT cope with it well. Hence CTA. I have, in the past, mostly charted CM. I'm wondering if I need to get more serious about using temps. I've thought, for years, that I should get a LadyComp/BabyComp - is there something better/less expensive these days? I like the idea of a device that DH can see and know what's going on, too. I can't have the sole weight of TTA on my shoulders and finding time to actually discuss it may be a challenge!

What is everyone else doing to TTA? I really can't think of anything I'm comfortable with other than abstaining around fertile times - not that that seems like any fun. eyesroll.gif I just really wish I knew exactly what was going on! So hard to know without an actual PPAF. :/

Anyway, I knew I'd find some mamas in a similar spot here. smile.gif I will need the support 'cause I'm not too thrilled to be in this spot! innocent.gif

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:35 AM

Can I join? Here's my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/405e2a (nothing there yet - waiting for AF to start)

DH and I are planning to start TTC around April, if everything goes according to plan. We're hoping to be into our first house by March and that's the main goal before TTC. I just finished a pack of pills and am not going to start a new one to give my body time to get back into the swing of things. I also want to get familiar with charting before we really start using it for TTC. I'm looking forward to charting for these next few months! I'm 29 and I've been on and off birth control pills since I was 16 - consistently on them the last three years. But my periods were always regular during the times I was off, so hopefully everything will just get right back to normal. :)

Mom to Ava - 10/8/13 love.gif 
Old 11-14-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle18 View Post

That is likely what we will do, too - but you're totally right, not as fun!  Sorry to hear you are sick hug.gif - hopefully you will get well fast, but your temps will stay up! (well, not indefinitely, haha)

Haha FAM humor! I actually laughed. In all seriousness though, oh man I don't want to be pregnant right now. :-P 

So now I'm having AF. It's been a few days, so I'm guessing it's not breakthrough bleeding. The only thing I could really call a temp shift would be right before it started, so I'm guessing this is an inovulatory cycle? Is that normal when you start cycling again PP? 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

Old 11-14-2012, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post

well still no AF for me. Went to emerge with pain and he said I likely have an ovarian cyst. Following up with an u/s on monday. Anyone have experience with cysts?

Yeah, I get them.  I had them really bad for a while in high school.  I sat out of gym for a whole semester because the pain was excruciating with exercise.  It's when they rupture that they hurt the worst, and I was told that the pain lingers until your body reabsorbs the fluid from the ruptured cyst (which accounts for my own symptoms).  They recommended going on birth control, but I resisted and they got better on their own.  I still occassionally get twinges, but nothing like it used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post

Hi, mamas,
Looking for support as I, reluctantly start the CTA phase of life. My DD turns 2 tomorrow and I've not yet had PPAF (she still nurses a bunch, though less lately). But, in the last few days I've seen some EWCM. After my last two babies, I had anovulatory periods for several months, so this was really unexpected. I'm not sure if it's necessarily ovulation or if it's possible varying meds/supps could be affecting it. :/ I haven't worried about fertility in quite a while so I'm not even sure what DOES potentially affect CM!
I'd love thoughts on this... I've had twinges on my lower left side at three different times in the last 2-3 weeks. It's occurred to me that it could be O pain but really feels like something muscular. Being that it's returned, always on the same side, within a span of days or weeks, it really can't be O pain, right? I had a vision of shooting out tons of eggs with how many times I've felt it. lol.gif I do generally have a sensation of O'ing but I'm just not sure that's what this is.
I'm figuring I need to assume fertility, anyway, right now with the patches of EWCM, watery CM, and a pretty dark OPK - not as dark as the control, but very clearly there. I was hoping if the EWCM was Friday night that we'd be "clear" by now but took the OPK (and an HPT! redface.gif) just in case, and was not too thrilled to see such a dark line on the OPK. How long do you ladies assume fertility lasts after EWCM?
So, we have 4 and DH and I are in agreement that any more children (right now, at least - that's me speaking) would be a BAD idea for us and our family. We have enough stress and strain from various directions as it is and DH does NOT cope with it well. Hence CTA. I have, in the past, mostly charted CM. I'm wondering if I need to get more serious about using temps. I've thought, for years, that I should get a LadyComp/BabyComp - is there something better/less expensive these days? I like the idea of a device that DH can see and know what's going on, too. I can't have the sole weight of TTA on my shoulders and finding time to actually discuss it may be a challenge!
What is everyone else doing to TTA? I really can't think of anything I'm comfortable with other than abstaining around fertile times - not that that seems like any fun. eyesroll.gif I just really wish I knew exactly what was going on! So hard to know without an actual PPAF. :/
Anyway, I knew I'd find some mamas in a similar spot here. smile.gif I will need the support 'cause I'm not too thrilled to be in this spot! innocent.gif

Peak day, or the day of highest fertility is generally defined (at least with my method) as the last day of fertile-type mucus, even if it isn't of the greatest quantity or quality.  Then you are supposed to wait until the evening of the fourth day after that until you are safe.  I think some methods use Peak + 3 days, but if you want to be really safe I would use P + 4.

As far as a fertility device, the Marquette method uses the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor along with mucus observations.  I don't know if it is more/less expensive, but it seems to be a pretty reliable method.  I would definitely check out their website!  http://nfp.marquette.edu

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammerkin View Post

Can I join? Here's my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/405e2a (nothing there yet - waiting for AF to start)

DH and I are planning to start TTC around April, if everything goes according to plan. We're hoping to be into our first house by March and that's the main goal before TTC. I just finished a pack of pills and am not going to start a new one to give my body time to get back into the swing of things. I also want to get familiar with charting before we really start using it for TTC. I'm looking forward to charting for these next few months! I'm 29 and I've been on and off birth control pills since I was 16 - consistently on them the last three years. But my periods were always regular during the times I was off, so hopefully everything will just get right back to normal. :)

Welcome, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactatinggirl View Post

Haha FAM humor! I actually laughed. In all seriousness though, oh man I don't want to be pregnant right now. :-P 

So now I'm having AF. It's been a few days, so I'm guessing it's not breakthrough bleeding. The only thing I could really call a temp shift would be right before it started, so I'm guessing this is an inovulatory cycle? Is that normal when you start cycling again PP? 

Probably annovulatory, and very normal.

Wife to DH from Mexico, and mother to DD (01/10); DS (09/11); and one on the way (03 or 04/14)  buddamomimg1.png

Old 11-14-2012, 10:48 AM

HeatherB - welcome! wave.gifThat sounds like it could be your body revving back up to O to me.  I had a few months of EWCM and "false starts" where the machinery was sort of getting going again, prior to PPAF.  I'm sorry you are having some sadness around TTA - that is tough. hug.gif Since alot of it is for DH's benefit anyway, involving him seems like a good idea, for both of you (he'll feel more secure, you won't feel the pressure alone, and maybe it will carve out a little more talk time).  It certainly sounds like you are one busy mama!

slammerkin - welcome! wave.gif Lots of new, exciting things on the horizon for you it sounds like - awesome!

lactatinggirl - yeah, I'm a dork, haha orngtongue.gif  Glad you at least have that cycle behind you - hope they get more normal next time!

AFM - I need another temp to tell for sure, but based on CM and what I have so far, my chart looks like getting off the pill triggered O pretty quickly.  That is making me really happy as a charting newbie, because I can see what's going on.  smile.gif  I'm hooked - although a bit in awe that it happened just like that. I don't know why this always surprises me - it did when I got pg immediately after quitting bc (chemical, though - but 2nd cycle was DS!).  I think since I've been on pills or Depo for years at a time, I get really blasé about it...and then I get a wake-up call - you really do have to be careful, no matter what method you use! 

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 AM
JMJ

Lactatinggirl, that sounds like a probably anovulatory cycle, though if you do not have confirmed ovulation, days of bleeding are not considered to be infertile (though if they are followed by dry days, the dry days are considered to be infertile).
Old 11-18-2012, 08:38 PM

How do people communicate with their partner when an okay day is for sex and when it is not?  I hate telling my husband "okay today's a good day if you want" it seems wrong.  I was thinking of hanging something up that was red on one side and green on the other and just flipping it depending on my signs.  DH is terrified of getting me pregnant and so I think he just doesn't try.  Plus we would do stuff just not sex on the red days if we both knew.  It is just awkward to talk about.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:10 AM

Since we don't abstain, it's a little easier to say, "Oh, hey, btw - we need to be extra careful today!" (wow, that rhymed - too many children's books! upsidedown.gif)  I haven't found any of it awkward to talk about, except he REALLY does not want to hear about cm, haha. orngtongue.gif

I like the idea of an adult game of "red light, green light" though!  You could even just verbalize it - "Guess what's awesome??? Today is a green light day!" Or, you could incorporate it into the heat of the moment, letting him know it's a red light day, buuuutttt here's why those are still fun. winky.gif  He could even ask you something as simple as "green or red?" so he knows what's up.  Makes it a little more fun, and a little less awkward than, "Hey babe, we need to decide who's picking up the kid from daycare, who is getting the laundry from the dry cleaners, and oh yeah - I'm fertile today, so be careful!" over morning coffee, haha (although, I could totally see this happening in my house smile.gif).

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

Old 11-19-2012, 02:26 PM
JMJ

One of the things I love about NFP is the communication that you get out of it. It's a bit awkward at first, but you do develop a way of talking about it that's comfortable for you both. I keep my husband updated on my signs. I let him know when something changes, so like if I see CM at the start of my fertile phase, I let him know about it asap, before I get caught turning him down when he's making a move. I keep him updated throughout the fertile phase so that we can anticipate together the coming of the infertile phase, so he'll know when we're in the clear. If he's ever not sure, he just asks before he gets his hopes up. It becomes somewhat of a pick-up line but leaves me room to say no. I usually don't say no directly, but instead, I'll get out my chart and show him where I'm at... giving details about how likely I think getting pregnant is along with comparing my signs to the objective rules, sometimes guessing as to when I'm likely to be infertile again. Then, it's not a yes or no answer, but a mutual decision whether to accept that probability of conceiving a child together right now. This is really nice for me because it's not my responsibility to say yes or no and to hold all the responsibility for mistakes, either turning him down weeks before ovulation actually comes or ending up pregnant when I said I was infertile. It's also a good time to talk about how important it is to continue to not get pregnant or if it might be time for another. There's nothing like acknowledging that if we had sex right now, it's likely that I could get pregnant. If we have a really serious reason to avoid pregnancy right now, all those thoughts about the consequences that we would have to face tend to do a really good job at helping you want to keep your pants on (provided you have this discussion before things get too steamy).
Old 11-19-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ View Post

One of the things I love about NFP is the communication that you get out of it. It's a bit awkward at first, but you do develop a way of talking about it that's comfortable for you both. ...I'll get out my chart and show him where I'm at... giving details about how likely I think getting pregnant is along with comparing my signs to the objective rules, sometimes guessing as to when I'm likely to be infertile again. Then, it's not a yes or no answer, but a mutual decision whether to accept that probability of conceiving a child together right now. 

(bolding mine) I think this is important.  I won't give DH the gory details, but I can tell him I've noticed fertile cm, remind him what that means, and leave it at that.  He looks at my chart, sees temp shifts or whatnot.  It does help me feel like he is more involved, much more so than when I was on the mini-pill.  Rather than a totally abstract risk (i.e. what if the pill fails?), I can give him some empirical info to make a decision.  We decide together, and JMJ is right - it is helpful to keep a dialogue about fertility/preventing/etc.  

Old 11-20-2012, 01:59 AM

One of the things that appeals to me about the LadyComp is the ability for both of us to simply look at the light and know where we are. I'm really hoping we'll get to a place of more communication and joint understanding of the whole process. I know a lot of it squicks him out, but I'd rather have him understand the actual dynamics than to have him start making senseless decisions on his own. (Why P&P when there's NO chance of being fertile?!?)

Funny, I think my biggest sadness is just that my body would start working up to PPAF *already*. Did I mention DD just turned 2? lol.gif I should be counting my blessings! But it's still disappointing when I was hoping it would hold off for awhile - mostly because NOT worrying about fertility is so much easier! There was definitely a lot of hormone shifting a week ago, though, so I know we're gearing up, whether that was actually a pre-PPAF O or not. eyesroll.gif

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:

(Why P&P when there's NO chance of being fertile?!?)
EXACTLY! This is my favorite part of the cycle - guilt-free. orngbiggrin.gif
Funny, I think my biggest sadness is just that my body would start working up to PPAF *already*. Did I mention DD just turned 2? lol.gif I should be counting my blessings! But it's still disappointing when I was hoping it would hold off for awhile - mostly because NOT worrying about fertility is so much easier! There was definitely a lot of hormone shifting a week ago, though, so I know we're gearing up, whether that was actually a pre-PPAF O or not. eyesroll.gif
I can totally understand that (got mine at 18 months) - and why it might lead you to want an easier approach.  You don't want to dive in and have in-depth discussions when you are still a little irritated you have to do it at all. irked.gif I think you get a while to pout, and do whatever works for you both to best ease you back into it (if that means delegating a bit of work to the LadyComp, so be it!). hug.gif

AFM - I have a question - how much can sleeping with your mouth open affect your temps?  I ask because last night and two nights ago, I had to do this because of a cold, and my temps the next morning were 97.9 & 97.73 (CD 17 & 19).  In the middle (CD 18) I didn't mouth-breathe and had a temp spike of 98.62.  It was also my best temp of the three (best time, best sleep, took it right away).

Could mouth-breathing have pulled down those other two temps significantly?  One was taken late, one early (I have to aim mostly for after sleep and no activity, vs. same time of day - my toddler has been waking me up at odd hours).  I haven't had any fever with the cold (checked daytime temp - normal).  I can't think of anything else.  Just seems like a weird pattern to me. confused.gif

eta correct temps

Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:

One of the things that appeals to me about the LadyComp is the ability for both of us to simply look at the light and know where we are. I'm really hoping we'll get to a place of more communication and joint understanding of the whole process. I know a lot of it squicks him out, but I'd rather have him understand the actual dynamics than to have him start making senseless decisions on his own. (Why P&P when there's NO chance of being fertile?!?)

Just going to jump in!  I'll do an intro in a second!

That monitor looks amazing but is just so expensive!  A few dollars on a basal therm and a free account on fertility friend will really help you track your cycle with reliable results.  Your hubs could totally learn how to read the chart and peek when he's curious.  It really isn't difficult to do!!  

Hi all!  I'm Carrie, been around awhle and tried to CTA a few months ago but got off track b/c baby just wasn't sleeping well enough.  But, now we are good to go!  Can I be added to the group?  Here is my chart link.

Currently 31, and bf'ing my 15 month old son, Finn.  I seem to O around days 15-18 most cycles, and have a 28 day cycle.  I'm quite a few cycles in postpartum (got my AF back when Finn was 9 months).

If that link doesn't work, lmk.  Thanks!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 11-21-2012, 03:28 PM
JMJ

Pickle, yes, mouth breathing can have a big affect on your temps. If it's just every once in a while, you can throw out those temps. If it's something you normally do, you might consider taking temps vaginally. Illness can affect temps in many ways, like raising your temp slightly, too, so I'd be cautious of any temp rise that coincides with being sick. I'd guess the 2 low ones might have been related to mouth breathing, but 98.6 sounds high, even for a post-O temp.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:44 PM

Hum, I'll have to see how the rest of this cycle (first post-BC, and first full charting cycle period) goes regarding temps and mouth-breathing. I'm a mouth-breather all the time, so I figured it would just be consistent. 

In other news, I am a week and a half off BC (would have been off for that first week for my period anyway, but whatever). I dunno if it's really hormone changes yet (I doubt it) or just the sort of "taboo" feeling of being off BC and having that risk of pregnancy, but I have been pretty horny, haha! Hubs has been feeling it too, so I think we're both just titillated by the idea. We are of course still not trying to get me pregnant, but it's an acceptable risk right now since we're going to be trying in a few months. :)

Old 11-22-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:

Pickle, yes, mouth breathing can have a big affect on your temps. If it's just every once in a while, you can throw out those temps. If it's something you normally do, you might consider taking temps vaginally. Illness can affect temps in many ways, like raising your temp slightly, too, so I'd be cautious of any temp rise that coincides with being sick. I'd guess the 2 low ones might have been related to mouth breathing, but 98.6 sounds high, even for a post-O temp.

Thank you, JMJ! smile.gif  I conducted a not-at-all scientific experiment this morning.  I had been mouth-breathing all night, and took my temp when I randomly woke up at 5:40 am.  It was 97.60.  Then I fell back asleep, and as I was waking back up, I remembered to shut my mouth - fell in and out of sleep for a couple minutes - then when I really woke up, I took my temp at 8:15 am - it was 98.34.

Now, the odd times could have affected that, too (like I said, not scientific) - but it seemed to indicate a difference with mouth-breathing vs. not.  If I had been nose-breathing all night (instead of for just a couple minutes), it could have been even higher, I suppose.

Anyway, I agree with you, JMJ - the temps are weirdly high.  I have had the cold since CD 15, and that could be part of it.  Ditching the low temps, and just looking at CD 18 and this morning (CD 20) - it almost looks triphasic (especially if those discarded temps would have been similar).  I'm just going to keep temping and see how it plays out - my temp time is pretty erratic, too (a few days this month were all right around 7 am, the rest mostly 8:30-9:30 am). Multiple factors.

You can link my chart, mt_gooseberry: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ff9d0  Thanks!

Old 11-22-2012, 08:58 PM

Say I just went with no sex on any days with mucus and 3 days after any mucus.  Do we think this would guarantee no pregnancy? 

Old 11-23-2012, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Technically, there are no guarantees short of hysterectomy.  Even menopause...my grandma got pregnant with my aunt 7 years after her last period!  IUD's, sterilization, definitely not condoms or the Pill, none of them are "guaranteed."

That said...you should be safe.  Sometimes there are cases of "hidden mucus," where there was internal mucus that wasn't noticed.  Sometimes a couple will DTD early in the day, and mucus will appear later in the day (which is why some methods have an "end of day only" rule during phase I).  Sometimes there will be a "double peak," where the body gears up to ovulate, with all of the signs, and then for some reason doesn't (stress, illness), only to go through a real ovulation later.  If you DTD after a false peak, not realizing you still haven't ovulated, this can result in pregnancy. Fortunately, most methods have rules established for preventing these accidents.  That is why, if you are serious about avoiding a pregnancy, you should learn a method inside and out, and follow its rules.  That is the only way to get the 95%+ accuracy that FAM/NFP is capable of.

But still...you are very probably SAFE.  winky.gif

Wife to DH from Mexico, and mother to DD (01/10); DS (09/11); and one on the way (03 or 04/14)  buddamomimg1.png

Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 AM

I saw some EWCM today! Kind of exciting since I haven't had that in few years because of the pill. :)

Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammerkin View Post

I saw some EWCM today! Kind of exciting since I haven't had that in few years because of the pill. :)

Isn't it funny - I was totally psyched by this, too!!!  Who knew I could get so excited over something so gross?? ROTFLMAO.gif  Especially since we aren't TTC!  Loved seeing my temps shift, too.  On toward freedom (aka luteal phase)! 

It just feels awesome to be off the pills.  No more nausea, more milk supply, etc.  love.gif  And as this first cycle of charting is winding down, I'm almost looking forward to AF (it's like a gold star...we did it right! haha).

Old 11-25-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:

Lactatinggirl, that sounds like a probably anovulatory cycle, though if you do not have confirmed ovulation, days of bleeding are not considered to be infertile (though if they are followed by dry days, the dry days are considered to be infertile).

That's very good to know! Hopefully I can see an obvious temp shift this month. Sadly, I've been sick the last couple of weeks and had a fever through part of it, so my temps aren't making much sense at the moment. :-/

Quote:

That line just made me laugh! DH has told me that he prefers that I say cervical fluid instead of mucus. :-P 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle18 View Post

AFM - I have a question - how much can sleeping with your mouth open affect your temps?  I ask because last night and two nights ago, I had to do this because of a cold, and my temps the next morning were 97.9 & 97.73 (CD 17 & 19).  In the middle (CD 18) I didn't mouth-breathe and had a temp spike of 98.62.  It was also my best temp of the three (best time, best sleep, took it right away).

Could mouth-breathing have pulled down those other two temps significantly?  One was taken late, one early (I have to aim mostly for after sleep and no activity, vs. same time of day - my toddler has been waking me up at odd hours).  I haven't had any fever with the cold (checked daytime temp - normal).  I can't think of anything else.  Just seems like a weird pattern to me. confused.gif

eta correct temps

I have to remind myself not to talk to my girls before I take my temp in the morning so it'll be correct. Even just a quick "shhh!" to my toddler can throw it off! 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

Old 11-28-2012, 08:07 AM

I'm having a wacky cycle!  

Thoughts?  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1966df

Normally I O around day 16, so this late with no ewcm is just strange for me.  I did have a cold, so maybe that could explain the lack of cm but, temp isn't really up and I'm still having awful O pains.  C'mon ovaries!  Lets get this show on the road!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 11-28-2012, 11:30 AM

Well, I don't think I'll be investing in ladycomp anytime soon. Apparently I fail at TTA. :/

Old 11-28-2012, 03:10 PM

HeatherB are you announcing something?

Old 11-28-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:

Well, I don't think I'll be investing in ladycomp anytime soon. Apparently I fail at TTA. :/

OMG what are you saying!?  Are you pg!?  

Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 PM

It's looking that way. :/

(nothing public yet, should anyone I know see!)

Old 11-30-2012, 05:19 PM

Ooh, HeatherB, sorry you're not thrilled about a possible pg! Must be kind of a shock.

AFM, crosshairs showed up on my chart today! Woo! A little nervous that we had unprotected sex on Friday and I appear to have ovulated on Tuesday. I dunno if his swimmers were still hanging around then! confused.gif

Old 11-30-2012, 05:56 PM
JMJ

Quote:

It's looking that way. :/
(nothing public yet, should anyone I know see!)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

... and peace as you adjust to the news.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:48 AM

HeatherB - wishing you lots of peace with this, and sending lots of hugs! hug.gif

slammerkin - it's certainly possible (within the 5 day window) but less likely since you were dry the day you dtd and the day after - good luck! 

Tags
Fertility , Family Planning
User Tag List