I had to make the choice to end a non-viable pregnancy. I took the first pill, to stop the pregnancy hormones on Tuesday. I took the misoprostal yesterday, and may take another couple of them tomorrow. I was 5 weeks 6 days, or 6 weeks 2 days when I actually started bleeding. Meaning the fetus was about 4 weeks old.
Here are my questions.
1. How long will this process take to complete? I think I just now 'passed' the fetus. How long can I expect to bleed?
2. How soon afterward will I get a period, and will I ovulate in between bleeding from losing the pregnancy and getting my period?
3. How do I record a miscarriage on Fertility Friend? Or should I just record getting my cycle?
4. How much will the hormones in the pills I took effect my mood/cycles/fertility? The doctor said not much but I want to know more.
I don't think that I will want to try to conceive again, I just want to know if it's possible and how careful I should be if I have intercourse during that time.
Me, DS, and DD Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly We love our forest valley home, our goats and chickens, and wild harvested food-medicine
I got pregnant with my oldest without having a period after a very early miscarriage. After my 2nd miscarriage it took over a year to get pregnant again.
My 2nd one was 8 to 12 weeks and I labored for 3 days before passing everything and then bled for about a week after. My hormones kinda went wack after that and I had weird cycles and spotting until I got pregnant.
Eta... i didn't use any medications
First off, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you will find peace quickly.
I lost my first baby at five weeks. Since I was not quite as far along as you and I miscarried without the aid of medication my experience may be different.
1. How long will this process take to complete? I think I just now 'passed' the fetus. How long can I expect to bleed? I bled for about a week total. Besides the first day or two it was not too much different than my normal period.
2. How soon afterward will I get a period, and will I ovulate in between bleeding from losing the pregnancy and getting my period? My chart on Fertility Friend indicated I ovulated the month I miscarried with no cycle in between. Again, I miscarried earlier than you so it may be different for you.
3. How do I record a miscarriage on Fertility Friend? Or should I just record getting my cycle? I just marked the bleeding and it started a new cycle for me.
4. How much will the hormones in the pills I took effect my mood/cycles/fertility? The doctor said not much but I want to know more. Hopefully someone else can answer this for you.
I would definitely use contraceptives or abstain until you are sure your cycle is normal again. I have heard you are more fertile in the cycles following a miscarriage but I do not know if there is any truth to that statement (It was not the case for me). Don't be afraid to take a few months off (or longer) to grieve your loss and get back on your feet so to speak. Take care.
|32 members and 9,500 guests|
|Alini , BlessedMommy , floss&ferd , gladyvibe1 , happy-mama , Janeen0225 , jcdfarmer , Jessie Mathew , JoyfamMama , Jsonger45 , katelove , kathymuggle , Katie Bennett , lauren , lilmissgiggles , moominmamma , muhammad wildan , oaksie68 , Oceanone , poppinz , riicha , RollerCoasterMama , Saladd , shantimama , shgrove47 , socialapp5 , Socks , Springshowers , thecoffeebean , tifga , webhost523|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|