Charting to Avoid--JANUARY 2013 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well I guess I no longer belong in this group. DH's spontaneous willingness to TTC ended in a BFP this morning! Eeeek!

Mom to Ava - 10/8/13 love.gif 
#32 of 43 Old 02-04-2013, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congrats!

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#33 of 43 Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 AM
JMJ

Congratulations, slammerkin!

#34 of 43 Old 02-05-2013, 11:41 AM

congrats!

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

#35 of 43 Old 02-05-2013, 09:07 PM

* Congratulations, slammerkin! * orngbiggrin.gif

We are on our 4th cycle of CTA, and I am loving it.  Just thought I'd throw that out there - infinitely better than the mini-pill, and I love how much more involved we are in the process (some months we end up abstaining, or just being extra careful with back-up) - we are always talking about it and making joint decisions, without riddling my body with hormones without thinking.  I'm not stressed about missed pills or getting to the pharmacy.  We have alot more freedom.  It just feels natural and great. joy.gif

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#36 of 43 Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 AM

Thanks ladies!!

Mom to Ava - 10/8/13 love.gif 
#37 of 43 Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 AM

I love the fact that it's a joint decision too. There's a lot of "we're not technically safe, but probably safe" for us right now since my cycles still haven't adjusted postpartum, but we decide together whether or not to risk it. We wouldn't be quite so cavalier though if we weren't already planning on having a third. :-P

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#38 of 43 Old 02-06-2013, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Is there a thread for February yet?

Love my 3 boys! joy.gif
#39 of 43 Old 02-09-2013, 03:14 PM

Hello all! I'm interested in joining this list.  I have two older kids ages 6 and 4.  I have a 22 month old who is still breastfeeding and have had cycles return starting September 2012.  At first it was a bit irregular, but the last few cycles have been pretty regular.  I'm having problems with charting because I can't do temps - with three little ones I don't consistently get a nice solid block of sleep to get a good temperature reading.  I tried doing temps for a few months, but it was just so frustrating.  My charts were all up and down all over the place, because I couldn't get my temp at the same time every morning.  It was also making me get even less sleep, because on days when my kids did manage to sleep in, my alarm went off to take my temp.  So I've been doing a mucus only method, but it's still a bit difficult because I seem to have continuous mucus.  I can easily distinguish between less-fertile and more-fertile mucus, and have been following the four-day rule (abstaining until the evening of the 4th day of less-fertile mucus).  I am wondering if there is a reliable mucus-only rule that is less restrictive, as it seems like this amount of abstinence might not really be necessary.  Any tips? I've heard of the TwoDay Method, but there rules say two days of NO secretions and I'm unclear if that means two days of my less-fertile mucus would be equivalent.  Thanks, and happy to join the group!

#40 of 43 Old 02-10-2013, 03:47 PM
JMJ

MelissaMarie, you might consider looking into Creighton, or alternately Billings and taking a class. Creighton especially has ways of analyzing the quality of CM in order to determine fertility based on much more than just CM being absent or present, but the detail is far more extensive than can just be described in a forum like this. Creighton users who receive private instruction enjoy about a 98-99% method effectiveness for preventing pregnancy. Billings is also CM-only. It is not quite as detailed, but it has about 95% effectiveness for CM-only. You can also look for more information on the Billings website. There's a lot of great CM information there with rules for determining quality and fertility/infertility. Creighton is similar, just more standardized.

#41 of 43 Old 02-11-2013, 12:51 PM

CD1 for me, first ppaf at 1 year pp. Surprisingly, it's a relief to get it because I was trying to ovulate for weeks! I'll be using a combo of NFP, diaphragm, and withdrawal.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#42 of 43 Old 02-12-2013, 07:31 AM

Ugh I was convinced I would O in time for valentines. Oh well.

#43 of 43 Old 02-12-2013, 11:10 AM

Here's February's thread :) http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1374324/charting-to-avoid-february-2013

Proud wife to my handsome husband partners.gif Malachi David (2010) and Jeremiah Daniel (2012) joined our family via two lovely homebirths. Rainbow.gif Doula for 7 years and now finally an apprentice midwife! bellycast.gif 

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

Tags
Fertility , Family Planning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page