Not sure what's going to happen... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-10-2013, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I have had my Mirana for about four years now. I have never had any issues with my health after getting it. I have felt fine. About a month ago, I started dating a guy who (for lack of better term) is large. We have been sexually active for about three weeks. A week ago, the day after being active with him, I felt a pain in my vagina and I was spotting. I thought I was just starting my period.
The next day, I woke up bleeding bright red blood. Which, for me, isn't normal. I called my OBGYN's 24 hour nurse line. She talked me through checking for the Mirana. I had to reach up and see if I felt plastic. I didn't. She said that the sex could have shifted or made the Mirana drop down.
I have had issues with my "female parts" and I have one child. It was a complicated pregnancy, and I didn't want to have any more children for a long time. Now four years later, I thought I was okay.
Last night, I was feeling sick to my stomach. And have been for about three days. My lower back was killing me. I got up from a sitting position and felt a strong pain from my vagina. I went to the bathroom, and because I was still spotting, I had to take out my tampon before I went to the restroom. As I was pulling the tampon out, I felt this cramp that felt like a menstral cramp. About half way out, I looked down and saw the strings and the Miranan coming out right along with my tampon.
I feel awful today. Sick to my stomach, back still hurting something fierce, but other than that I am okay. No real cramps like I am going to start my period and no bleeding. I wanted to know if someone else on here has had this happen.
I joined this sight just for helpful advice for this situation.

Thank you ladies...please help me get through this

I am calling my doctor tomorrow to go in a.s.a.p

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Have you called your GYN today?

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have an appointment on Friday. I have been having symptoms of being pregnant. We shall see

Tags
Family Planning
User Tag List