Dr nagging me to go on coil when I keep saying no!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-13-2013, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi I have borderline learning difficulties and have been taking Carazette before Christmas without any problems and it has stopped my periods which were originally driving me round the bend, but I do get the occasional breakthrough bleeding.  I was on Femodene but I was taken off that because of my age.  I wanted to go onto Carazette because my Dr at my surgery kept harping on about the implant and also the coil which I have no interest in at all.  I went round my family planning because I was fed up with all the brow beating that I got from my Dr about the damned coil blah de blah!

They were happy put me on Carazette as a test and it was great that someone was actually (believe it or not) listening to me and not trying to talk across me which really winds me up (didn’t yur mother tell you it’s rude to interrupt!) and I have never looked back since.  demon.gif

I recently had an appointment where I was sleeping badly and the Dr asked me if I was taking any medication.  I’m not going to lie (perhaps I should have done on this occasion) so I admitted I was on Carazette.  What a mistake!  I was ordered to see another Dr in the clinic who says she deals with concentrative issues.  First she said Carazette doesn’t last and your body goes back to normal, and then when I thought we had cleared it up about what I DON’T want, she starts banging on about the implant and YES the stupid coil again.  I am said I am not interested and she said the government are pushing women to have the coil.  If the government said we all had to set ourselves on fire and jump off Beachy Head, we’d all probably be expected to do that!! (be like something from that movie ‘the Happening‘) irked.gif

I’m fed up to the back teeth of saying I don’t want the coil, it don’t work for all woman as my friend can vouch for.  She had it because of her periods and they got heavier.  Interfered with her sex life and had to have it cut out because the stupid thing had embedded itself and they couldn’t get it out again.  She was at the same surgery and went elsewhere after that.

I’m sorry to get on my high horse, I have had more understanding from a family planning clinic then at my own surgery!!  Can you advise me what I should do please?  Should I change surgery’s?  Many thanks for reading this post.

thanks.gif
#2 of 2 Old 03-14-2013, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't know what else to suggest because after trying all types of different hormonal contraceptives the copper IUD has been by far my favorite. I've lost weight, actually have a sex drive again and I have no idea it's even there. I know some people have had a really bad experience with it, but for me it was definitely worth the risk. 

All I can say is that if you don't like the doctor you're with, you should try another one.

Tags
Family Planning , Fertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page