Wanting but Waiting 2013 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 62 Old 03-26-2013, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I've been searching and can find all of the old threads and the 2012 thread just kind of peters out in Jan...

Anyone around wanting a thread? I'm dying here... I want a new baby like yesterday but we probably won't start trying until Nov. 

A baby could of course happen any time before but we've been using the POM for 4+ years now and nothing... I also started charting again and when I do it makes me want a baby SO.MUCH.MORE! We were supposed to start trying at the beginning of this year but life happens and it's been pushed yet another year... 

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#2 of 62 Old 03-26-2013, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I was just thinking about joining the Wanting But Waiting thread - thanks for making a new one!

We will start TTC in Aug/Sept of this year - I'm hoping for a late May/June baby for strategic daycare/school reasons otherwise we would have probably already started trying. 

Just began my preconception protocol (red clover and RRL teas, vitamins, etc.).  Getting so excited!!

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#3 of 62 Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Ah yes timing stuffs! I would love a spring baby! I really really want to avoid another August birthday in our family! So even though I say November I'm really thinking that's not going to happen...

I am worried about how our winters will be with a newborn. We just moved to the cold snowy north! 

But then I can't really worry about planning too much as I have had a couple miscarriages, most likely due to my celiac... So I'm just hoping I can get and stay pregnant!

Anyone else out there in the wanting but waiting land?

#4 of 62 Old 03-28-2013, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I guess I am wanting smile.gif. I go back and forth. I have a 6.5 month old and hubby & I always have wanted our first two kids to be close in age. Hubby is ready but I am not. Our babe is still waking up 2/3 times a night & ebf(just starting solids). I had one period 3 months pp but nothing since. I am hoping that when babe is a yr old we can start trying. Until then I will enjoy the alone time with babe. smile.gif . she is so amazing!!!!
#5 of 62 Old 04-06-2013, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm kind if here? We want lots of kids and the only reason we were avoiding was to allow me to have some time to try to heal some health problems (adrenal fatigue etc) and then I had an early unplanned pregnancy/miscarriage at the end of Feb and it made me realize how much I want to be pregnant/have another baby and how much it bothers me to prevent... So at the moment we aren't avoiding... But we aren't ttc either as much as I'd love to be, as I intend to work on my health for a few more months before we actually ttc.

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#6 of 62 Old 04-14-2013, 04:59 PM

I'm here too :)  Like Suzywan, I'm hoping for a May/June baby--maybe we'll get to be in the same DDC :)  This will be our first, we've been waiting while my hubby finishes up a degree.  I've been taking prenatal vitamins for over 2 years now...just in case a surprise happened.  :)  I finished painting our nursery last week and already have the crib set up.  I wanted all of the toxins in the paint and mattress to drift away months before conception :)  I'm also working on getting a bit more physically fit, and am paying better attention to what I eat.  Here's to hoping :))

#7 of 62 Old 04-17-2013, 05:43 AM

I'm here too!

Hopefully we will start trying really soon. I would like us to start around the end of June, we originally wanted to have a baby for the summer holidays (I'm a piano teacher) but it might actually make more sense if we try for one to arrive around April next year as I'll be able to take more time off work. I have a serious case of the baby crazies though, and have done for sooo long!

Either way, I want to lose a bit of weight, and get as healthy as possible in the meantime, so I'm just going to keep that in mind.

#8 of 62 Old 04-17-2013, 03:18 PM

I'm not sure where I am. We want kids for absolute sure. We tried for Jan/Feb/March, and I had the flu in Jan, an early loss in Feb, and a subsequent completely screwy cycle in March. This month, I got back on the pill to regulate things and try again in June, but I'm showing early symptoms. So, the hope is that we are waiting another two months to try again, but who knows what is going on with this weird body machine that doesn't come with digital readouts. The goal is waiting, but I may have a Christmas baby. No way of knowing for a week or more. After wanting to get pregnant so badly for the last three months, then deciding to wait, suddenly possibly getting pregnant without wanting to is a little frustrating. Ah, well. It'll work itself out.

#9 of 62 Old 04-29-2013, 10:17 PM

I was on the wanting but waiting thread last year and said I was going to wait until this spring...but plans have been moved to the summer of this year. Not a bad thing but I just want to get this spring semester out of the way.

SAHM, college student, AND expecting #2 EDD March 20 2014! belly.gif(25)  * DS (10/2010)jog.gif *

Loving life with DBF (24) flowersforyou.gif since 10/2009 heartbeat.gif

Rainbow.gif *intactlact.gif* selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif* goorganic.jpg * familybed1.gif *cd.gif

#10 of 62 Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome everyone! Glad there are others out there!

I am seriously having a hard time. We have a "goals" board for the year and so far we are on track but even though I look at it almost daily (it's above the computer) it's still really hard to wait!

Adding in the fact that I've been seeing my doctor monthly trying to get my periods figured out for when we do start to TTC and the progesterone and vitamins she's put me on which give me more energy and feel more "in the mood" and wow! I have to keep talking myself out of just going for it!

But I do need to focus on my health and there some stuff we need to accomplish before we even consider it. So I'm just focusing one other stuff we have planned for the months leading up!

Oh and every sappy thing and every baby is makin me cry. The whole emotional thing is getting bad! And the first month of progesterone messed up my cycle and my doc swore I was pregnant! Which I am not wink1.gif

Does anyone have any good ways of talking yourself out of just going for it?

How is everyone else doing ? smile.gif

#11 of 62 Old 04-30-2013, 03:45 PM

I understand those feelings very well delighted butterfly.  My dream is to stay at home with my baby when we do have one.  The fact that I can’t do that just yet keeps me from just “going for it.”  I’m a teacher.  I’m hoping to get pregnant in august/sept and have a May/June baby.  The summer would be here before my maternity leave would be over and then I would resign. J  That’s the plan anyways.  I keep fearing a surprise baby that would come to early in the school year. 

#12 of 62 Old 05-07-2013, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
ohh, this is definitely me! hubby and I have a long-standing agreement that August 2013 is our go date! which will coincide with me turning 30 (the latest I'm comfy with), him turning 27 (the earliest he's comfy with, and us being married 3 years. but my real reason for sticking to that date is I want a May baby smile.gif it's totally silly, but May's birthstone is emerald and we always give each other green presents, it's our special symbol. so I'm hoping our baby will be part of that. we're only planning to have one, tho if we don't get a girl on the first try, I'm going to want to try again!

Me 31, married to Wolf since 09/10. baby #1 due May 3!

#13 of 62 Old 05-11-2013, 05:40 AM

Yay! Another May hopeful!! :)

#14 of 62 Old 05-13-2013, 09:53 AM

what do you guys do to help the time pass while you wait?

#15 of 62 Old 05-13-2013, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Good question!

I just went to a baby shower with a two week old and it nearly killed me!

I'm focusing on the things that I would love to be better at before another baby. I'm takin some online photography classes to get to know my camera better. I'm focusing on cleaning, decluttering and organizing the house. I'm also trying to focus on decorating the house (we moved in 10 months ago) and getting it to feel "homey/cozy/ours" as I moved in the middle of being pregnant or having just had a baby both previous times.

And I'm just trying to find our routine as it continues to keep changing and will again twice here pretty quick.

I keep myself busy with "projects". I really need to keep myself busy by getting into shape but that's going slower than I wanted!

#16 of 62 Old 05-16-2013, 02:55 PM

How are all of you lovely ladies doing?  I’m getting a bit nervous as the time we’ve decided to TTC (aug/sept) gets closer.  I have a stressful job and have requested to be transferred back to another department I worked in 2 years ago.  I will hear on aug 1st if I will get this position again.  I’m trying to think of ways I can be more organized and less stressed at work, just in case I don’t get the transfer I want.  I’m re-reading Mothering’s “Having a Baby Naturally.”  I just had extensive blood work done and found that my LDL cholesterol is a bit high and my vitamin D was a bit low.  I’m getting serious about eating healthier and I’m also trying to shed a few pounds.   Hopefully that will be easier with summer here. J What plans/changes are you making before you TTC?

#17 of 62 Old 05-17-2013, 09:13 AM

I too am trying to lose a little weight and get established with an exercise routine. I'm also doing a couple homeschool "classes", one thro iTunes U and one from some old notes my sister passed down. and I'm tuning my rusty guitar skills.

#18 of 62 Old 05-24-2013, 06:50 AM

So, I got a memo today that my request to transfer to a less stressful department at work has been approved.  I will start in Sept. :)  Yay.  I feel better planning for a aug/sept pregnancy now :)

#19 of 62 Old 05-24-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsGale View Post

So, I got a memo today that my request to transfer to a less stressful department at work has been approved.  I will start in Sept. :)  Yay.  I feel better planning for a aug/sept pregnancy now :)

Congrats!! thumb.gif

SAHM, college student, AND expecting #2 EDD March 20 2014! belly.gif(25)  * DS (10/2010)jog.gif *

Rainbow.gif *intactlact.gif* selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif* goorganic.jpg * familybed1.gif *cd.gif

#20 of 62 Old 05-28-2013, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Well the good news is... Hubby decided last night that we should just go for it and start trying because it could take us awhile to concieve and stay pregnant based on our previous history. So we are now firmly in the "trying" club.

So I don't know if someone would like to take over the thread? MrsGale, maybe? Although that is wonderful news about the job change!

#21 of 62 Old 05-31-2013, 04:40 AM

So, on a whim, DBF and I decided that we will be NTNP. It's more for having fun than ttc. lol. winky.gif If a pregnancy develops, then awesome! We will welcome the new addition with open arms. love.gif

#22 of 62 Old 06-01-2013, 10:01 AM

How exciting delightedbutterfly and cookie.  Sure, I can "take over" this thread--for the next 10ish weeks until we start TTC. :)  although I don't know what leading it involves :)  I'm going to  paint some trim in my living/dining room this weekend.  This is the last thing on my list to paint before ttc.  I got the low-fume paint, but I want all of those nasty fumes long gone before my little one gets started.  I have just 2 weeks left in the school year, so I'm looking forward to a very relaxing summer and hopefully exciting news early September.

#23 of 62 Old 06-08-2013, 04:57 PM

I have just two months to go til TTC orngbiggrin.gif

#24 of 62 Old 06-18-2013, 02:24 PM

I would love to start trying again, but we don't have any definite plans to yet. We're going through a major transition - moving across the country, husband is going back to school, I am starting a job for the first time in 3 years, so it doesn't seem like a good time just yet. Our daughter is 2, and I wanted there to be a 3-5 year age difference between here and a younger sibling. 

But whenever I see a tiny little newborn I want to squee!

#25 of 62 Old 06-19-2013, 06:05 AM

About 2 months for me too Claryn J  as a teacher, I’m super excited to be home for the summer, but I’m also counting down to summer’s end because hopefully I’ll have my first little one in me. J  This will be the first grandbaby on both sides of our family.  Everyone will be really surprised and excited.  They assume we’ll be waiting at least another year while my hubby finishes up school.  But we’re not J J

#26 of 62 Old 06-19-2013, 06:08 AM

Anyone else counting down the due date clubs as they come up?  February’s up, March should be coming soon, april, and the hopefully mine in May J

#27 of 62 Old 06-19-2013, 12:27 PM

not counting the due date clubs so much as the weeks remaining; but now that you pointed it out, I probably will, haha!

#28 of 62 Old 06-19-2013, 05:46 PM

lol. I have been doing that since ...well, since last year... I thought I was the only one who did that. privateeyes.gif

#29 of 62 Old 06-19-2013, 11:06 PM

what, counting weeks or clubs? smile.gif

#30 of 62 Old 06-20-2013, 11:26 AM

clubs. smile.gif

Tags
Family Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page