totally delayed O, did we get pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-20-2013, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm getting a little panicky and feeling REALLY dumb, please help!  So, I haven't been great about taking my temperatures but my period has been coming every 30-35 days.  Well, day 25 I started in with all the usual symptoms; major moods, cramps, sore nips, bloated, etc...Thinking it was my period, we had sex on day 30 without a condom.  Except my period didn't come and I was swimming in eggwhite.  This worried me so I took my temp the next day, got a low 97.4 which was followed by a 98.2 the next day.  Do you think I ovulated then?  And if so, would it be likely that I'm pregnant?  (recap: Sunday night, unprotected sex with a possible ovulation on Monday or Tuesday).

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 04-20-2013, 12:48 PM

I would take a testin a few days. Sounds like you could've timed it just right

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#3 of 8 Old 04-25-2013, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.  I tested yesterday on a cheapie $ store test and got a faint + line (10 dpo).  I'll test in a few days to be sure but it does look likw we timed it just right.

#4 of 8 Old 04-26-2013, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

So I took that last test but I thought I messed it up.  I had  put a few drops of urine on it but it didn't creep up the paper so I added more and flooded it.  It turned all purple and then there was that faint +.  My husband wanted me to restest so I did last night but I had just peed.  We got a very faint line but didn't time it so I don't know if it was past the 3 minutes or not.  According to my temps, I am 12 or 13 dpo right now.  Any advice?  Retest in the morning with FMU?  Or wait longer?  And my temp was really low this morning but I had been up since 4, fallen asleep for about 45 minutes and then tested 1/2 hour late.  (It's been around 98.3 and today was 97.5)  Man, I'm really messing this up all around, aren't I!

#5 of 8 Old 04-28-2013, 04:31 AM

A faint is still a positive. I would test again in the morning

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#6 of 8 Old 04-28-2013, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you.  Yes, we got a darker positive yesterday morning.  Does anyone have any ideas about what this timing might mean for gender?  I was thinking boy.  Just curious, obviously there are no sure things!

#7 of 8 Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 AM

Congrats! No clue. My last son was conceived 8 days before ovulation (as in that's when we dtd). First off, who lives that long, 2nd, how does that make a boy?! Lol love him to bits though. Let me know what you're having! Was this one a complete surprise or is it a welcome addition?

#8 of 8 Old 04-30-2013, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for all your help!  Haha, never can tell can we?  I have a girl that was conceived on my one and only day with eggwhite and another girl that we have no idea when we got pregnant.  We were kind of hoping for a boy but would love a third girl!  And we were totally on the fence about a third and were leaning pretty hard towards a vasectomy.  Ah well, we are excited now, and didn't take long to get excited so it's for the best, I think.  Thanks again!  And are you pregnant now, due in January, or am I reading that wrong?  If so, are you joining the due date club?

Tags
Family Planning

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page