No Period Yet bc Breastfeeding 14-month-old, but I could swear I'm pregnant!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-08-2013, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I'm breastfeeding my 14 month old (my third child) and I have not gotten my cycle back yet.  Yesterday I had cramps and a low backache and I thought, I bet I am going to start my period tomorrow, we will have to start being careful if we arent ready to have another one yet!  Ha!  Now today, my breasts are so sore to the touch (abnormal), and I'm all crampy and tired. I also notice a lot of saliva, which makes me kind of nauseous.  I just think I'm pregnant, even though it's only 3 or 7 days after sex. Could be wrong, but it is a hunch.  Anyone else have a similar story?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 07:44 PM

I've gotten pg twice now without a post partum period. It's possible. Especially if your little one is going longer stretches without nursing or eating solid foods.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

Old 05-09-2013, 12:56 PM

Ive gotten preg w/o a period too...at 12 months. Same symptoms!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Update....I used a first response test first thing this morning because my symptoms are persisting and I could not help myself! It's either negative or there is a faint line....I can't decide. I am still crampy and nipples are tender, also hot all the time, which is unusual for me. Whaddaya think?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:04 PM

I'd wait a few days and test again.  I don't think they start picking up positives until 9 days after conception, and even then they don't catch all pgs.  To really be sure, test at about 14 days post-sex.  I also got pg w/o a PPAF, and I only realized it when my 24hr flu didn't go away for over a week....

On the other hand, I just got my first PPAF this time around, and I had PMS symptoms for, like, three weeks before it finally arrived!  So it might just be returning cycles, after all!

Wife to DH from Mexico, and mother to DD (01/10); DS (09/11); and one on the way (03 or 04/14)  buddamomimg1.png

Old 05-10-2013, 11:42 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Yes, I'd wait a couple more days.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Ok thanks ladies. I will find some patience! smile.gif. Hope you all have a lovely mothers day
Old 05-12-2013, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Keep us posted!

Loving wife to DH  mama to DS1 3/13/09 , DS2 4/20/11   and DS3 1/12/13 Professional and attempting to  while     
Old 05-13-2013, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks OrganicViolin....tomorrow will be a week since I started feeling symptoms....when do you ladies think I could test w/o it being a total waste of time and $?  Maybe Wednesday?  Yesterday I started to think maybe I was imagining things, but today my boobs are back to being really sore.   Dying to know!

Old 05-13-2013, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You could probably test anytime. Wednesday would probably be ideal though. :-) Curious over here too!

Loving wife to DH  mama to DS1 3/13/09 , DS2 4/20/11   and DS3 1/12/13 Professional and attempting to  while     
Old 05-27-2013, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

and?? are you pregnant?????

Old 05-28-2013, 04:47 AM - Thread Starter

No!!  I could *not* believe it.  I put myself through quite an emotional roller coaster (and wwwaaaaayyy too much money buying tests)...so if ever I think I'm pregnant again, I will try to be more chill about it. Ha!  I think what happened was: earlier that week I'd had my first night away from my baby. I pumped, but it was definitely the longest stretch I'd ever gone without nursing him, and I think it must have caused a hormonal fluctuation that caused pregnancy-like symptoms for a week or two. With my other two babies, I have not gotten my cycle back til each was 22 or 23 months old, so I most likely still have a while to go.  Thanks for asking. Hope you are doing well, Tracyamber.

Tags
Family Planning , Fertility
User Tag List