ttc - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-19-2013, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

[removed post due to new facts]

Strawberry lover, dog-person, New Yorker. wool.gif (Who doesn't love a jump-roping sheep?)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 09:57 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I have not but I am sure there are lots of mamas that have felt what you've been feeling. Can someone give a little advice?? 

Best

Old 05-21-2013, 07:18 PM

We got pregnant "accidentally" early in our marriage and I did not feel ready.  In fact, when people asked me if I was excited (if I didn't know them), I was like, "sort of..."  I think it's a totally normal thing to be anxious about having a baby even though you know you want kids.  For me, I couldn't think of a "right" time to do it.  I probably didn't start feeling happy about it until about half way through the pregnancy.  It took me a while to think through it and deal with it. 

I'm really happy that it happened the way it did now, but it took time for me to get used to the idea.  Now we're trying for #3 (the only one we've actually "tried" for) and I feel a little uneasy.  I know I want another baby, but, again, it never feels like it's the perfect time.  There are always "what if?"s.  You know what I mean?

That doesn't mean that it's the right time for you, I'm just saying that I think your feelings are normal.  A lot of women here are super excited to have a baby and know for sure they want one as soon as possible.  I never really had those types of feelings.  I want kids and I LOVE my kids, but I was never super excited about getting pregnant.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Jayray. I'm trying to be level headed about this, but it's hard, especially alone. I don't have a lot of pregnant (or trying to conceive) friends in the area so it's nice to hear "this it normal!"

Strawberry lover, dog-person, New Yorker. wool.gif (Who doesn't love a jump-roping sheep?)

Old 05-27-2013, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Jayray. I'm trying to be level headed about this, but it's hard, especially alone. I don't have a lot of pregnant (or trying to conceive) friends in the area so it's nice to hear "this it normal!"

Tags
Family Planning
User Tag List