Copper COIL - FATIGUE, TIREDNESS, HEADACHES, NO ENERGY!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-23-2013, 05:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there, 

Thanks for jumping to my Post! 

I had the Copper (NON-HORMONAL) Coil fitted at the end of March 2013, as I tend to find i have very bad side effects on the contraceptive pills and the injection as they all contain hormones. 

Since I had the coil fitted a good 2+ months ago, I have been experiencing the worst side effects (I say side effects, however, I am assuming they are related as I was fine before). 

I go to bed tired, wake up tired, feel like I need a nap at 10.00am, I am today sitting at my desk and feel and look like a zombie! I wake up and am so tired I feel like I cannot move! I have headaches, heavy head, dizzy feeling and even thinking of excesising makes me quiver in my boots at the thought of it. I HATE THIS FEELING!!!! I dont even feel like I have the energy to talk to anyone!!!

I tend to have spotting for about 4 days and then a full-blown period for 10 days!!!!! my periods before were nearly existent and would last 3 days and I would hardly know they were there!

I also have these weird upper stomach/chest pains. I went to my Drs who confirmed all was OK and of course advised me that this Coil has no effects as it is non-hormonal. but after reading threads on here, I am somewhat relieved!

Any comments greatly appreciated, or similiar symptoms.

I am 30 years of age.
PS: Shall I have the coil taken out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-25-2013, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Personally I hated the copper. I spotted continuously and my periods were extremely heavy and crampy. I had it removed 6 months later after my midwife kept telling me to "wait it out and see". I do not recommend this form of bc to any woman, not that I'm against bc whatsoever, but because there are so many negative and quite annoying side effects. Best wishes in figuring out what to do.

Tags
Family Planning

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page