Weird postpartum period? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-24-2013, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone, I was wondering what your experiences with your first postpartum periods while breastfeeding were? I am a year PP. April 30th, I had spotting and cramps, which stopped the following day (was more like pink-tinged cm), June 1st, I had the same sort of issue. It picked up to an actual bleed on the 2nd for about 10 minutes, and then dissipated again. If I checked my cm, for the following days, it was tinged pink (so I guess it didn't stop on the next day...but it was no longer showing on toilet paper, only when I checked, so I classified it as stopping). Any ways, if those were actual periods somehow, my cycle is 33 days long, and it would explain the ewcm and ovulation cramps I've had this week (ewcm from 20-23, cramps on the 22 & 23). Any ideas?

Thanks!
#2 of 9 Old 06-29-2013, 10:15 AM

Ugh, I think everything postpartum is "weird" LOL. I think it's probably your period. I didn't ever get cramps before pregnancy, but with all three of my pp periods (18 months pp now) the cramps have been brutal and the bleeding irregular (a flood one time, next to nothing the next but it was 2x as long). 

#3 of 9 Old 06-29-2013, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Ha! It gets so much weirder. So I started bleeding again the other day, very lightly, and checked my cervix, and thought...weird...it's really high, and soft! So I peed on an OPK, which was positive (still bleeding at the time), and yet again this morning...positive OPK, and ewcm. I think I finally O'd this afternoon...now my cm has changed to creamy, and the bleeding has stopped, but my cervix is still really open. So funky short period might = ovulation. I'll let you know if I'm pregnant or have a period in two weeks wink1.gif
#4 of 9 Old 06-29-2013, 03:01 PM

You may be prego ! wink1.gif keep us posted

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#5 of 9 Old 06-29-2013, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Will do! GAH! I swear Ihad ovulation pains...came home, tested on an OPK again...more positive than this morning. I want to think I'm pregnant, but my cervix is soo open. It's beginning to firm up, my cm is creamy, and I could of sworn I ovulated though, so not sure what is going on :S
#6 of 9 Old 06-29-2013, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Spotting during ovulation is pretty common.
#7 of 9 Old 06-29-2013, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Bleeding is back with ewcm, and cervix is SOFT again lol. Oh boy...
#8 of 9 Old 07-01-2013, 11:08 AM

I am intrigued!!

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#9 of 9 Old 07-02-2013, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Update: OPKs turned neg at the end of the day two days ago. I tested my temp that morning, and it was 96.68, and the following morning it was 97.7, so I assume I ovulated that morning. This morning (2dpo), my temp was 97.3, so I think that must be that dip people talk about at 2dpo, but only time will tell smile.gif the bleeding also stopped when the OPKs went -, and my cervix is now low, and cm is creamy.

Tags
Family Planning , Fertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page