How many children do you have? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 07-25-2013, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have three and a small part of me wants more. I know the earth is overpopulated, money doesn't grow on trees and with youngest being 6 and a half, life is so much easier. Logic says I'm being stupid but still, a small part of me says...maybe? I think this came on when I miscarried two months ago.

Thoughts please mamas.

#2 of 12 Old 07-25-2013, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

we have 3...I want more and dh says he is done....

I think if you are still thinking..... talk with your s.o.  better to talk it out.

Good luck mama.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#3 of 12 Old 07-25-2013, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Definitely talk it over with your partner. We have two. DH definitely does not want more. I would probably have had one more if he had been keen but it would make our lives difficult in many ways so I'm glad he is sure two is a good number.

I don't actually want more I'm just sad that the pregnancy/newborn stage of our lives is over. I'm sure we could have another and another and another and I'd still be sad about that. I've read on here people saying ask yourself, do you want another toddler/preschooler/teenager or do you want another *newborn*. That resonated for me.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#4 of 12 Old 07-25-2013, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Six and we have a Moms of Many group here at http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/52/moms-of-many if you want to join or just take a look.

And, well, population is relative and not everyone who studies the issue believes that the earth is overpopulated. If that is one of the things holding you back I would encourage you to read more on the subject.

#5 of 12 Old 07-25-2013, 09:01 PM

I have 4 of my own. One with my current husband who has 4. So we have a total of 8!! Some live apart, during the summer we have 7 here and its a handful but awesome at the same time. Sometimes its just my 16 month daughter and I and its boring. O how do you start a post?? I'm new to this site
#6 of 12 Old 07-25-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

Six and we have a Moms of Many group here at http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/52/moms-of-many if you want to join or just take a look.

And, well, population is relative and not everyone who studies the issue believes that the earth is overpopulated. If that is one of the things holding you back I would encourage you to read more on the subject.
how do I join that group?? I'm new to this site and can't figure out anything accept how to reply
#7 of 12 Old 07-25-2013, 09:10 PM

(Clark, you can use the blue "Start a new thread" link right under this comment to make a new post in Family Planning.All forums are listed here http://www.mothering.com/community/f/ and will have a red button at the top of each to start new threads.)

#8 of 12 Old 07-26-2013, 04:08 AM - Thread Starter

Where would i look for resources contrary to the over crowded earth theory?
#9 of 12 Old 07-26-2013, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksplus7 View Post

how do I join that group?? I'm new to this site and can't figure out anything accept how to reply

Click on this link to open the group. Right under the title "Moms of Many" (and to your right a bit), there is a blue button that says "Join Group." Just click the button and you will become a member and be able to reply to discussions or start new ones. To start a new discussion in the group, scroll down to the discussions and click the pink button (on the left) that says, "Start a New Thread."

We're having our eighth child in December. I don't worry about money or overpopulation. We're reasonably comfortable, don't need much, and we're happy. That's all that matters. I do understand the whole thing with your youngest being older already. My youngest just turned 5, and my biggest argument against having another one was that I was just not sure I wanted to do the whole newborn stage again. But my DH really wanted one more, and I have to admit that I kind of did, too. I'm kind of having fun being pregnant at a stage in my life when I have more time, money, and energy to enjoy this baby because my other kids are all older and more independent. I'm SO not looking forward to doing diapers again, but I am excited about another chance to breastfeed and wear my baby, and really appreciate it all this time. And the kids are all so excited about another little sister, too!

joy.gif

Michelle, wife to DH, and momma to DD16, DS15, DS12, DS10, DD9, DD7, DS5, and baby girl born Christmas Eve 2013!
#10 of 12 Old 07-26-2013, 08:48 AM

Okay I was in mobile mode and you can't start a new thread that way. Thanks
#11 of 12 Old 07-26-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksplus7 View Post

Okay I was in mobile mode and you can't start a new thread that way. Thanks

Oh! You actually can, but it's hard to find. In the top right corner of your screen, there's a little button that looks like a box with an arrow. Click that, and it opens a forum specific menu that lets you subscribe of a forum (but I find that feature rather useless, as new threads in the subscribed forum do not show up in your subscriptions on the mobile site), search the forum, mark the forum as read, or start a new thread. (There's also another menu that you reach by hitting the button in the top left corner, that looks like three lines. That's the main menu, with lots of options.) I have not figured out a way to join groups from the mobile interface, though.

Michelle, wife to DH, and momma to DD16, DS15, DS12, DS10, DD9, DD7, DS5, and baby girl born Christmas Eve 2013!
#12 of 12 Old 07-26-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Where would i look for resources contrary to the over crowded earth theory?

"overpopulation myth" and "population implosion" should pull up some good stuff for you. Stephen Mosher and the Population Research Institute also, though he is very conservative, so if you are not you might not find that to be a good source, but his book Population Control has a lot of details of the human rights abuses that America has perpetrated on other countries in the name of population control.

ss834 likes this.

Tags
Family Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page