Charting To Avoid- Fall 2013 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 12-09-2013, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm out too. The "bad communication" ended up being a happy mistake! :-)

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#32 of 34 Old 12-12-2013, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

wowza!!!! :loveeyes  I disappear for a while and see what happens? :wink

so happy for the both of you, HouseofPeace & lactatinggirl!!! :flowersforyou

big congratulations and hope your pregnancies go smoothly :heartbeat

lactatinggirl likes this.

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#33 of 34 Old 12-16-2013, 04:45 PM

Background story: I have extremely irregular periods. Always have. I will go 8+ moths without a period and AF will finally show up for a couple days then the same cycle happens. I will have a normal cycle with birth control of course. So I have been off birth control for 10months. We have been trying. Months go by and still AF or BFP. Nov. we went to a fertility doctor. He put me on Provera to start AF and Clomid to O. Nov. 18th- AF. Dec. 2nd- O. I took a HPT 7DPO and got a BFN.

So that leads up to today. I'm 14DPO. I tested this morning and still got a BFN. I called the doctor like I was suppose to after my 2WW and his nurse said that he wanted to do a blood test just to make sure since it is the most accurate and depending on the results either schedule a pregnancy app or start Provera and Clomid round 2. What are the chances that I could get my BFP on the blood test? I feel like we did everything right. The doctor said our only problem was that I wasn't ovulating. I understand it could be positive if my levels weren't high enough before. I've just been really upset all day because I really thought my BFP was today. Opinions please?

Thank you,
Katrice.
#34 of 34 Old 12-17-2013, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

so sorry you're going through this!!!

I'd recommend posting in the TTC forum.  Though we have had a few pregnancies here recently, it was IN SPITE of trying to avoid, not trying to achieve.  which is a little different b/c when i take a test i'm crossing my fingers for BFN, and then trying not to panic when it's a BFP.  and here we chart our cycles to document ovulation based on body signs.  You say you're 14days post O, but that the Dr said you didn't O, so what were the signs?

blood test come back?  it's possible that the blood test could detect lower level hormones than the HPT.  

I'd like to encourage you in that i used to have VERY IRREGULAR CYCLES.  between 2-6 a year.  for the first 4 years of our marriage i didn't try hard to avoid a pregnancy, i just didn't get pregnant.  but in the last 9 years, i've had 8 pregnancies.  5 live births and expecting my 6th in aug.  things can change.  

i'm a big fan of charting to know what's up- i have ovulated as late as day 35 in a cycle (and conceived) and this is my earliest at day 18.  

i hope you get some answers and a BFP soon!!!

joy.gifSAHM and Holistic Health Counselor with  angel.gif 1/05, DS1 blahblah.gif 3/06, angel1.gif 5/07, DD1 dust.gif 3/08, DD2 thumbsuck.gif 11/09, DD3 energy.gif 4/11, and DS2 babyf.gif 2/13.  expecting a surprise stork-suprise.gif 8/14!

Tags
Family Planning

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page