Af came, then left? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-19-2013, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Got my first post-partum period, latest it's ever been by 6 months. Then had another one 39 days later. My normal cycle before this pregnancy was 34-36 days, so not that far off.  I'm now on CD 53 of the next cycle. Pretty sure I ovulated around day 22 or 23. I had CM and then it dried up just after that. I've taken two tests and they were both negative. I keep having signs of my period coming, but it doesn't. I've also had a couple signs of being pregnant, but there's the 2 negative tests, 1 only a couple days ago, the other about 5 days before that. I have often had positive tests even before my period was late, so I don't have a history of not having a pregnancy show up on tests.

I'm just utterly baffled. Has anyone had their period return and then disappear again? Youngest is still nursing, but he's nearly 20 months and all my other kids were still nursing when AF came back.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2013, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
I am the same.. a few periods then months go by with none. I am still nursing a 2 year old and a 3.75 year old though.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Your body can attempt to ovulate, get CM and CP and everything, then not quite make it, no egg (not reaching high enough estrogen level, usually - due to breastfeeding, stress, or low body fat). I've had that happen. Then you can either get a kind of false period anyway, or it gears up for another try later on. If you aren't pregnant you will definitely menstruate after you actually ovulate.

Tags
Fertility
User Tag List