Wanting But Waiting 2014 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 401 Old 05-07-2014, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome cynthiamoon, what degree are you working on? I found that the second time around it was easier to get out with a baby, I'm assuming that was because I knew what I was doing.

Aslandess we were actually missing one sister, and it was easier to get most everyone together because 3 of my sisters still live at home smile.gif I love living close to my parents, we usually visit at least once a week. It is a great chance to take a break since usually one of my 5 siblings still at home wants to run and play with my toddler. Plus i didn't grow up around any of my extended family and never see them now, I want that to be different for my kids, so I take advantage of the fact that for now we live close.
#362 of 401 Old 05-07-2014, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Writer - congrats! Hope all goes well. drop in occasionally to keep us posted;)
Wayworn - I got af back at 13weeks pp and gave had a cycle every month since then....but I was unable to fb my dd so I would probably trade having my cycles for continuing to bf.
cynthiamoon - hi!

Afm, I'm doing pretty well on remembering to take my vitamins and eating well. I weighed myself the other day and am under my pre pregnancy weight so that felt good too. Trying to relax about my age and enjoy these moments I have with my daughter as an only child, and have some faith that things will work out ok. I've had a few conversations with DH too about timing so I think we're getting closer to being on the same page timing wise. I've been charting sporadically, not temping, just cm, ovulation pain and menses. I may temp in the next cycle to gather more info but I don't want it to freak my DH out. He hated that thing when we were TTC. Of course now dd wakes us up so the beeping of the thermometer may not be any worse...
#363 of 401 Old 05-10-2014, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

@cynthiamoon Hi!

@writermama12 I'm on tenterhooks!

@Aslandess I am always so impressed with folks who can take charge of their own remodeling. My SIL just bought a house and they unfinished their finished basement and are taking it on DIY style with plans to make it better than the previous home owner did. It can be really overwhelming to roll up your sleeves and get in there.

@harmonious I am right there with you. I have not been able to get good temps b/c of nursing all night overnight so I decided to stow the thermometer away until DD night weans. I started temping in hopes to catch sight of AF before she came to visit, but I don't think its happening. The 23rd of this month will be my 2 year anniversary of no AF. DD still nurses a TON so until we are weaned I am trying to enjoy the absence of AF and not miss her too badly :P

I spent a half hour googling fostering and adoption (not that I was really considering it now, but down the road) before I realized that it was probably just the fever making me do things. :nut  Although I feel that being in a space to do something that selfless is a nice place to aspire to. I just want allthebabies :love  I organized our drawers and closet trying to get all of the cold weather clothes out and thinking of our anticipated move in a few weeks. We went vinyl shopping today and spent just over $50 on 49 records so I am feeling the success of a shopping trip well done right now! We're going to a wedding tonight so that should be awesome, especially because it s the wedding of a near and dear old friend and we're happy for him that he found such a nice girl. Weddings are fun and romantic any way and I get to dress up which doesn't happen so often so I'm happy to be going.

I hope alla ya'll are doing alright with your baby fevers?

Born August1982. Love/Marriage May2003/June2010. Home birth for daughter March2013.

#364 of 401 Old 05-10-2014, 02:19 PM

Hi everyone!

I was doing a teacher licensure program, but the last year is a really intensive schedule I am not sure I can handle with a baby. So I may be finishing with this awful amorphous "individually structured" major of some sort. :-/

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

#365 of 401 Old 05-11-2014, 03:28 PM

I have the habit of dropping in from outerspace every 3 weeks or so.

I have been reading along but don't have time to update on everyone at the moment. 

Congrats writermama!  I  hope that you come back and update us so I don't have to stalk you in the DDC's.  In case you don't come back, will you get a 20 week ultrasound for gender or will you wait til the birth?  That gives me my stalking timeframe :D

I hope that all current mamas have/had a wonderful Mother's Day and that all the wanting/waiting mamas feel the spirit of their babies close by today.

I am still horribly conflicted as to whether or not DH and I are done with children or not.  Most days I'm very sure that my two boys are perfect for us and we have maxed out our time and money in terms of kids (both now and for the future).  Then there are days like today where I'm so over the moon to be a mama and can't imagine not TTC, being pregnant, nursing all the time, cloth diapering, snuggling a sweet tiny baby again.  How to reconcile my head and my heart...?

On the body image/weight topic, I, too, have finally reached my pre-preg weight from DS1 but would love to get toned and fitter.  I have a diastasis recti that will not resolve without serious effort/a splint/and/or surgery and I know another pregnancy will totally make it worse.  If I want to heal it naturally, I need to move sooner rather than later but if there is even the slightest chance of pregnancy, I will just undo all of my hard work if I get pregnant so it doesn't even feel worth it.  Mummy tummy it is, for the moment!

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#366 of 401 Old 05-11-2014, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi everyone!

Just browsing this thread and thought I'd join. I have two boys, 2.5 (and a bit) and 7 months. I had my first period pp 22 days ago, which was surprising as I'm tandem nursing...and all I can think about is having another baby! My baby is still a baby! I think I would like to try in late summer/fall, as I don't think I can handle another fall/winter baby. My boys we're born in September and October. Also I would really love to try for a little girl.

Do you think the "fever" is a result of hormones? Is it more? A soul wanting to come through? I suppose it depends on your personal beliefs, how you ultimately view it.

Anyway, I feel crazy for wanting already...the first 4 months after ds2's birth were intense and not often happy...I think I was dealing with some un diagnosed PPD...but I want! But I'll try to wait til at least August or September. Also, I'd like to give ds2 more time at the breast.

Sorry for the ramble. Here I am!
#367 of 401 Old 05-12-2014, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Welcome @BushMama83

It's hard to say- if you're me, you believe that the tug to have another baby is mama hormones talking. But the hormones themselves are a part of the fabric that makes us mamas- and God created us this way. So, yeah. Hormones. But purposeful hormones. If that makes sense. We do still, thankfully, have brains in addition to hormones so that we can look at the situation logically and say "huh. it makes sense to wait on having another little one right now" even as our hormones scream "what are you doing?! have another baby this INSTANT. look at the fuzzy headed newborn over there, DON'T YOU WANT ONE?!" hahah. 

Quick update: I'm doing pretty well these days. Ran a relay a week ago and the race, plus the onset of warmer/brighter weather, has really invigorated me. I've had a few moments this week where I've wondered if I'm pregnant- I'm tired, a bit nauseous, and have a headache. But the chances are kind of slim- we've only DTD sans condom two or three times recently, and I haven't even had a postpartum cycle (I'm 15 months out now). So... wishful thinking, probably. My DH and I are on the same page and are thinking we'll start trying-not-trying this month, and continue to "try" through July. With a brief hiatus from trying for a month or two (to hopefully prevent conceiving a baby who will be due around the time we'll be moving- in late May/June). Then back at it. 

I never thought I'd say this, but I really really really want AF to come back! I need to know what the heck is going on with my body so that I can have my second sweet winter baby. I'm considering night weaning my 15 month old, but she is so attached to me at night that I know it will be hard, and then I think "well, maybe this is nature's way of telling me that my current LO isn't quite ready to give me up to another baby". Sigh.

@SidraJedi - I almost replied "WOW! 2 years?! that's crazy!" But then I did a quick calculation and my last AF was late April 2012, so..... I'm also "celebrating" 2 years sans AF! eeeeep. I'm eager to get AF back, not quite as relaxed as you. I also find myself googling foster parenting webpages and adoption sites. I know it's not something we'll be able to do in the near future, but definitely in the next ten years. I'm hopeful! There are so many kiddos out there who need mamas. 

sidrajedi likes this.

24 years old. Central PA. Married to a medical student. DD1 - Valentine's Day 2013. treehugger.giflactivist.gifcaffix.gifdelayedvax.giffamilybed1.gifwhale.gif
#368 of 401 Old 05-12-2014, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I am so bad at keeping up with this board! 

Welcome, @BushMama83 & @cynthiamoon, to the wait list!

CONGRATULATIONS, @writermama12!!! I hope you do drop back in to give us updates.

As for a few of the other conversations that have been floating around:

I am the fertile-Myrtle who started AF back almost immediately PP, even while BFing exclusively & on-demand (read, "constantly"). I think with DS1, it maybe took a couple or 3 months, but with DS2, it was right away. Then I got an IUD & it went away altogether! :)

I'm really happy for you ladies who have been able to get back to their PP weight. I did get almost back to mine, but then I gained a bunch again. Now I'm about 20lbs heavier than I'd really like, but I'm honestly struggling to find the motivation to lose it. I really would like to, ultimately, but I have so much else on my plate right now that I really feel like I can't make it a priority.

Also, I did text with my midwife, and she said she would do the IUD removal, but then we couldn't find a time that worked for us both. So, I went ahead and made an appt. with an OB, since I'm going to have to find one anyway, sooner or later. Might as well get established at this place now. So, it's scheduled for next week. That makes it a little easier for us to be sure we don't get a cold-weather baby, anyway. Now we can start ttc pretty much right away, once the IUD is out. 

I am still torn about the girl method stuff. I do want a girl, but I'm not really sure if there's much point in stressing about it, or if we should just let nature take its course (so to speak). Hubby is willing to go either route. :)

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, working on my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
#369 of 401 Old 05-17-2014, 11:24 PM

Hi all, I hope everyone is doing well!

My original plan was to wait until June to ttc, but that is next month! I have no idea were the time has gone but I don't think I'm ready for another yet. My two year old is going through a screaming phase. If he wants something he screams, when I say no he screams, he also screams when he is tired, hungry, board or for no reason at all. I'm so over it. Plus I'm up 1-3 times a night with my 9 month old. I'm thinking maybe august will be better. That is all assuming AF shows up, which I don't think is going to happen until I start weaning my dd and I have no idea when I'm/she is going to do that.
#370 of 401 Old 05-18-2014, 11:01 PM

Just popping in though I can't say much. We are in full on moving mode. DD seems to finally be nursing a little less during the day. Still no AF and I'm still dreaming if baby #2 but happily waiting. I just keep reminding myself that this time next year I might be a few weeks pregnant and to enjoy being where I am at right now.

I'll check in later. smile.gif

Born August1982. Love/Marriage May2003/June2010. Home birth for daughter March2013.

#371 of 401 Old 05-19-2014, 08:01 PM

Sidrajedi good luck with the move!
sidrajedi likes this.
#372 of 401 Old 05-20-2014, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I think I belong here. I'm very much wanting another right now, but definitely need to wait. DD will be 9 months old tomorrow, and I just finished chemotherapy last month. I know I need to focus on my health right now before even thinking about becoming pregnant, but I'm obsessing right now.

I want to start ttc in fall 2015 or spring 2016. That feels like such a long time. Guess it gives me a while to work on my health. wool.gif

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#373 of 401 Old 05-21-2014, 02:24 PM

Wanted to say hi to all the new ladies!

Wayworn- Congrats on moving from the "waiting to try" to the "waiting to conceive" phase! Let us know!!!

SidraJedi- Hope everything goes smoothly for the move! Let us know when you're in and settled!

The gender method stuff is interesting. I'm willing to eat some high potassium foods (which is supposed to get you a boy) but I told my DH about some of the things, and he basically agreed that as long as it doesn't affect my health we can try it. I just want to, as a pp said, make my belly a beach side condo for the new baby, and keeping healthy is number one. I would rather have another girl and know that I did everything to keep my health at the top for her.

I definitely had an uptick in baby fever when my LO got close to her first bday. I think it's that you see your baby isn't an infant anymore, and is starting to walk, and all those memories are still so fresh of all the firsts. Since DH and I have definitely achieved everything that we wanted to get done before having another we're just waiting to sell this house next spring and move to our forever home. I've waited five years, what's one more year? :p

#374 of 401 Old 05-22-2014, 10:16 PM

Welcome mamapigeon.

Sorry I don't have much to comment on, I think I need to respond earlier in the day before my brain turns off smile.gif

Who is getting close to ttc? I can't remember and I'm to lazy to try and go back to see on my phone.
#375 of 401 Old 05-28-2014, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Hey, ladies & welcome to newbies. I am officially going to be leaving you ladies in waiting to join the TTC thread!! :-)

Here's what happened (kinda long):

After my Family Physician's office allowed me to schedule an appointment for IUD removal at her office, I went in for the removal, and she says: "I can't do that- they wont pay my medical malpractice for GYN." SO- then I had to figure out who to see. I contacted the midwife who attended DS2's birth, but we couldn't seem to find a time to get together for her to remove it. Turns out that was a good thing, because I decided to just go to the OB affiliated withe the hospital system for which I work (which means I get a discount), and who actually came recommended by some Mothering.com local ladies. SO- I made that appointment, but had to be with the NP or wait another month for the MD. NP it is. I actually REALLY liked her & wish she did C-sections (I'll be a repeat C/S- long story), but when she went to pull the IUD out, there weren't any strings! huh.gif She was calm as a cucumber, but I started panicking a little. So, after laying there forever, and she left the room at one point to help the MA find a "straight one" - whatever that is, she did FINALLY find it & got it out! Whew!!

So, AF visited the next day (Friday), and now I'm just waiting to O.  I'll drop in to check on you ladies occasionally, but DH & I were laying in bed talking about names this afternoon! :-)

All the best of luck to you all & Ciao!

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, working on my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
#376 of 401 Old 05-29-2014, 03:05 AM

This applies to me, but not sure if I'm waiting or done. Ask DH and we are greensad.gif! Im a SAHM and night student. I have 3 kids (5,4, and 1). I'm definitely not looking to get pregnant for the bare minimum another year, but more than likely two. I want to be done with school, build a clientele, move (we are in a 2 bedroom with 5 people) and save up some money. I'm longing for #4, and want that so bad NOW, but know it's a bad decision right now.

Anyways, that's me in a nutshell smile.gif

Wife to DH dh_malesling.GIF(12.10.2009), Anchorage based doula joy.gif, Proud mama to Autumnblahblah.gif (09.03.2008), Sylas bouncy.gif(04.25.2010), angel1.gif(06.11.2012), Callioperainbow1284.gif(04.23.2013)

#377 of 401 Old 05-31-2014, 03:51 PM

@Yaliina Congratulations! That's a crazy journey to get the IUD out but at least she got it out! Wish you the best TTC that little girl you want!

I feel like a lot of people are moving on to TTC, I'm so jealous! I'll just think about knocking out the pre-preg to do list. We really need to finish our home renovations, it's really driving me crazy! We're making a big push to get most of it done in the next 2 weeks before my DD's 5th bday.
@katydid09 Hope everything is going well for you, are you still thinking about TTC in late summer?

Welcome alaskanmomma!
#378 of 401 Old 05-31-2014, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hey waiting ladies! Just wanted to drop in and say hello. All is going well with us, luckily saw a strong heartbeat via u/s recently and I am in my 8 th week already. Time is flying! I've been pretty sick off and on this go round which I was not anticipating, but we're making due and enjoying the late spring weather. Good luck Yaliina. And to all the rest.

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS R ('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting a brand new baby(Maybe a... GIRL?!) in January 2015.
#379 of 401 Old 05-31-2014, 06:14 PM

I think I belong here! We are waiting until April/May of 2015 to TTC. Our main goals are to save up money, get me off a medication I'm on (I should be able to get off of it in March of 2015), and for me to get within a healthy BMI. All of these goals are pretty realistic thankfully within about 11 months!

I have a preconception appointment with my midwife on Wednesday. We will hopefully be attempting a home birth with baby #3 (Our first! #1 was born in a freestanding birth center and #2 in the hospital, both unmedicated). My midwife is awesome. She is a CNM and by the time I deliver will be a doctor of nurse practice. I trust her completely. She has already started me on extra folate in addition to my prenatal (I am taking Vitamin Code's Raw Prenatal), calcium/vit D, and magnesium. I might be starting on some iron supplements as well if I need to increase my iron stores. Will be getting a blood draw Wednesday as well to test all this stuff! :-)

I am still nursing DS however I think I will probably wean him (unless he weans himself beforehand) around six months before we plan to TTC so I can let my body rest a bit. :-)

I am glad to be here! I have only read just this last page and it looks like some ladies are ready to TTC or already pregnant! Congratulations and best wishes!

Alicewyf knit.gif , wife to DH reading.gif and mama to toddler Lillian energy.gif (7/09)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Prayerfully expecting our little BOY in June of 2012! And so excited to be cd.gif and bfinfant.gifagain!

#380 of 401 Old 06-03-2014, 08:39 AM

Yaliina yay for ttc good luck and let us know how things are going.

alaskanmomma hi! those sound like some good goals to work towards. I can understand with wanting to move, I'm also in a two bedroom apartment and it does not look like we will be moving anytime soon. Of course we have one less person than you so for now it is still working for us.

aslandess yes I'm still thinking about late summer, although the closer it gets the less ready I feel so we'll have to see. AF still MIA but I feel like I'm nursing less so maybe it will show up soon. Regardless we are not preventing in anyway so I'm kind of hoping for a surprise that way I don't have to actually try for a baby

writermama congratulations on seeing the heartbeat! sorry your sick, hopefully it won't last long.

alicewyf welcome, good luck on your appointment!

AFM I finally got the kids sleeping in the same room! for the last week we have been able to put them to bed at the same time and eventually (after much giggling, yelling and playing) they will both fall asleep. And as an added bonus my dd has slept through the night the past couple of days. I hope that she continues, I forgot how amazing it is to sleep through the night and not have someone scream me awake (since they have someone to play with when they wake up they don't immediately need me, which means I can actually wake up before I get out of bed). I love having my room to myself again!
#381 of 401 Old 06-07-2014, 11:43 AM

I keep thinking that I will come on to post a good-bye because DH and I are pretty sure that we are done with our two boys but then a little part of me doesn't want to close the door.

Alicewyf: I recognize your name from the June 2012 DDC. Our kids are spaced almost exactly the same. Welcome!

writermama: it was good to see your name again. Congrats on a heartbeat and I hope that your sickness dissipates in the coming weeks.

congrats to all those "graduating" to the TTC side. Best wishes for a speedy conception!

katydid: I hear you on the days creeping up. When I first joined here, I thought that the summer seemed so far away that I was bound to come to some kind of decision about a 3rd child by then. Here is it is June already and I really only have 5 more months of TTC to have an April-August baby and I haven't even decided if I want another baby. Gah! This is my first post with the new format so if it ends up looking wonky, sorry!

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#382 of 401 Old 06-07-2014, 04:56 PM

On mobile and still getting settled but we are all moved.

I think I can feel my hormones changing and I know that as soon as I ovulate I will want to start TTC right away! I am nervous about being fertile again. I am already so excited about having another and ovulating will just make me even more excited.

We are still surrounded by boxes and I am making shelves out of pallet wood to get the books/DVDs/vinyls off of the floor. It's slow going but it beats buying expensive modular systems from the container store

Welcome to all the news and congrats to the graduates.
#383 of 401 Old 06-08-2014, 06:06 AM

Andthestars I can't remember all of your reasons for wanting a third child (or not wanting for that matter) but maybe it would help to imagine down the road, will you regret not having that third baby? I know some people that are perfectly content with the number that they have and others that wished that they had had one more. Food for thought. I'm glad your still around!

sidrajedi congratulations on surviving the move! You'll get everything put away soon enough, then you can really start enjoying your new place. Are you going to do anything (temping, checking cm etc) to see when you start ovulating?

I don't know if it is because June was my original ttc date or what but I've been kind of obsessing over everything my body has been doing wondering if I'm ovulating yet. Unfortunately I keep forgetting to take my bbt and I'm clueless about cervical mucus (I'm not sure what people are talking about with descriptions and I really don't want to google any images) and even if I did remember and understand, I don't have any kind of baseline to work with. I wish I knew about all this stuff before I had kids, maybe then I would have some kind of idea about what's going on
#384 of 401 Old 06-08-2014, 07:52 AM

@writermama12 It's so exciting to hear the heartbeat!
@sidrajedi Congrats on getting all moved in! We've made and thrifted some of our furniture since we got our place. That's cool that your building shelving out of pallets! Ana White has a lot of plans to build your own furniture, but some of the bigger pieces are cheaper to thrift/yard sale.
@katydid09 That's cool that you got your kiddos to share a room and that your getting some more sleep. I'm trying to learn more about fertility etc, and ordered Taking Charge of Your Fertility and I'm just waiting for it to come in the mail. I signed up with Fertility Friend and am attempting to chart. I had trouble with temping before, but I'm going give it another go. I had a laugh when you said you didn't want to image search CM. Me either, lol. I did find that some of the charting websites give better descriptions then others.

AFM We got the wood floor down finally! Major remodeling in the main living spaces are done, just need to do a few small things. I'm excited I can have ppl over again!
#385 of 401 Old 06-13-2014, 05:26 AM

Hi, I am happy to have found all of you! I've been driving myself crazy. Long post, sorry; I don't have anyone else to talk to about this!

My partner and I (and my 6 year old son from my previous relationship) are are due to move into our first house together in 2 weeks, after several years of mostly spending only weekends and the odd mid-week day together. We bought it in November and have been completely renovating it ever since, so it's very exciting!

We have absolutely no doubt that we will be together always and have our family, but are not yet engaged due to all the focus on getting our house ready (and all the money involved!), though I have been assured it will be soon! Early-ish in our romantic relationship (we had been best friends first) we discussed having babies and decided that this winter would be okay, considering the way modules are organised for my part-time degree programme. It took us a lot longer than planned to find and make ready our new home though, so my partner now wants to wait until next autumn rather than this.

We have a very limited window of about 2 months it would be okay to have a baby, again because of my degree, and we would have to conceive in either October or November next year. The chances of success in that time are not great, and I have a history of first trimester miscarriage which makes me very anxious about it. If we failed then it would be another year until we could try again.

I am very aware of my advancing age being a problem. I was 19 when I had my (surprise) son and struggled a lot with joint and muscle pain from early on then. It turns out I have a problem with the way my collagen is made so my joints are not held together well, and obviously the relaxin released in pregnancy makes it much worse. My daily level of pain has been getting much worse over the last few years and I really worry about how I will cope with pregnancy if I leave it much longer, especially since we would really like 2 more children. If we failed next autumn it means another 3 years from now until our child would be born, and it's impossible to predict how much worse my body will be then.

It's all making me very worried and dampening the excitement of the official start of our new life as a family of 3
#386 of 401 Old 06-16-2014, 10:57 AM

aslandess that's great that you have the majority of your remodeling done! I finally broke down and looked at some images for cm, I don't recommend, it didn't help and I almost gaged. I never used to be squeamish but after I got pregnant with my son things get to me so much easier.

Memento welcome! Congratulations on the house, that sounds exciting. Sorry about your school and ttc dilemma that's rough. What degree are you doing? (I know a lot of people that manage school and a baby, I wasn't one of them but I do know they are out there). It is really stressful having a narrow window to conceive. Have you been tracking your cycles at all? if not that might help you know when you ovulate etc so you would have the best chance of conceiving in your time frame.

Afm this last week has been rough my toddler has been showing his displeasure over everything by screaming at the top of his lungs and my dd has been sick and doing the same. As a result I have been trying to unwind by quilting in my spare time. So far I have 4 quilt blocks down and about 28 more to go, maybe sometime next year I'll be able to sew them together and see what my quilt will look like
#387 of 401 Old 06-16-2014, 01:29 PM

Thank you :) I'm still getting screaming episodes from my 6 year old, though he seems to be practicing for teenagerhood with slamming of doors and "This is the worst day EVER" and "It's not fair!". I'm hoping he's getting the rebellion out of his system now ;)

I'm studying for a BSc in human biology. I've already done the school-with-a-baby thing, as I got pregnant in my first term of university at 18 (ooops!) then went back when my son was almost 2 to start again. It didn't go well because I was a single mum and fighting an eating disorder and other health problems, and it took me two years of supposedly full-time study to get my first year finished. It was hard! In the end I decided studying from home part-time was a much better idea. After some recovery time and support from my wonderful partner I'm now half-way through my second year but due to funding issues and the way the modules I need to take fit around each other it's going to take a while longer yet to finish. I'm hoping to do a Masters in reproductive science after it :)

I tracked my cycles for 6 months after a chemical pregnancy a few years ago, intending to try again, but my relationship ended and I started on the pill again. I really do not like it as it negatively affects my mood and sex drive a lot, and I've spoken to my partner who has agreed it would be okay to come off it once we move and use fertility awareness methods to avoid pregnancy until we try to conceive. I am really looking forward to feeling like myself again! I was pretty good at taking my BBT and checking CM, and I ovulated every month with a consistent luteal phase. I'm worried that being on the pill for a while might have messed it up though so I guess we'll be being extremely careful for a few months until I can be sure my cycle has stabilised.

I know I should be taking each step into our future by itself and enjoying it, but I can't help thinking about having a baby together (all the time!!). My partner's sister is now 7 weeks pregnant and it's made the longing very much stronger!

I would really, really like to just not prevent during August to November this year though not really *try*, and just see what happens, but my partner is against it so far because he wants to do things in "the right order". I don't think that is very practical as we won't be able to get married for a long time after all the expenditure on the house.
#388 of 401 Old 06-23-2014, 08:10 PM

Thanks, girls! Moving in and unpacking is still a work in progress. I want to post a pic of out living room with two huge vintage pieces and upcycled media shelves. Maybe when I can unlatch my sleepy DD I can figure that out? We are settling in nicely.

I just made a bunch of upcycled family cloth and am getting things in place to stat cloth diapering full time again now that we have our washer and dryer. I just need 3 or so more covers and a clothes line. After that I am moving onto making curtains.

I can't see previous posts on mobile right now but I remember someone asked about temping to predict? I was doing that but after three months of temping with wonky trends on my fertility friend app and no signs of Any hormonal shifts I am not doing anything except waiting and watching. Before DD DH and I used FA using CM and intuition/awareness only and no temps. It was risky but we only had one "oops" at the beginning that ended in a very early (7 week) m/c in 9 years. When we conceived DD it was easy peasy, I knew I was ovulating and we didn't avoid that night. So, hopefully my knowledge of my body will carry through to PP fertility and menstruation. Right now I have been feeling more like PMS and getting EWCM for a couple of months off and on so I am expertly fertility to return sometime between 18-20 months. I would be surprised but not unprepared if I was wrong. Right now DH and I are not preventing but usually we practice a very cautious early pulling out (and switching to other physical contact to finish) method as back up.

That being said we are still undecided about trying for anther as soon as my fertility returns or waiting a little longer. I think we will just cross the bridge when we come to it?

Welcome, momento! I too have had a bad time on conventional birth control and I battle daily with EDNOS. I started recovery over three years ago and pregnancy greatly reduced my symptoms but an ED is something that kind of never goes away. I hear you on wanting to be out of school with a baby. I am so glad I have been able to stay at home with my DD. school is enough without a baby or toddler!
#389 of 401 Old 06-23-2014, 08:27 PM

So, there area lot of typos in my lat reply! I'm sorry all! Mobile mothering in the dark and all...

I'm going to attempt a pic of my living room in progress. It actually looks way cooler and way less sketchy than my skills can manage

#390 of 401 Old 06-23-2014, 08:28 PM

Tags
Family Planning , Fertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page