Wanting But Waiting 2014 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#421 of 429 Old 09-13-2014, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi @brightmidnight and thanks to @brownlioness and @ultrafighter for participating in my check-in!

@aslandess I know that feeling! My luteal phase used to be consistently 17 days long and I used to drive myself nuts every time. Now I realize that since it was consistent it wasn't late but at the time I was always freaking out. Funny thing, both times I really was pregnant and late I was super calm about it. GL! Also, I love my BBT thermometer. I can take my temps orally and as long as I take them at the same time before I start talking or moving too much it is okay even though I bedshare.

Questions:
1. I am most concerned about paying OOP for a homebirth. I was working and we pulled it together last time but money will be tighter this time as we make our monthly payments.
2. Last time with DD, DH was super nervous. This time he is just as excited as me.
3. DH and I started dating in 2003. We'll celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary next June.
4. I didn't have a lovey but when I was about 5 ish I really wished I did and I tried to force it for a year or two but nothing stuck. I did have a paci until 3 or a little older though.

I waffle a lot. I guess that's normal. Sometimes I want a baby right now and others I am so nervous about it. DD is really into babies right now and into helping both DH and I so it seems like she could handle it too. But DH is in the beginning stages of working for himself and I worry about his time knowing how much work there will be for him when the baby arrives. Hopefully in 6-12 months when we are ready to TTC he will be on a better space.
#422 of 429 Old 09-13-2014, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This week's questions:

1. What concerns you the most about TTC?
My biggest concern is how my body will react once my IUD is out. I've had one in place for almost five years! I've read a lot of conflicting information about waiting a full cycle or two before actively TTC after IUD removal due to weakening of the uterine wall. I've had periods this entire time, so I don't know if the lack of periods is what caused the weakening or not. It's definitely something I will be discussing with my OB!

2. How does your SO feel about TTC, nervous? excited?
He seems to be a little nervous, but happy about it. Our youngest is 5 and we have ZERO baby stuff left, so we will be starting over from scratch.

3. How long have you and your SO been together and/or married?
We have been together for 13 years, married for 8!

4. Did you have a lovey when you were small?
My older brother brought me home a Steiff bear from Germany that I've kept throughout my life.

My date for IUD removal has been set for December 10!

Angel Wife to Daniel Mama to Astrid (11/06) Leland (9/09)
#423 of 429 Old 09-13-2014, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hi to all the new members !

So I guess I'm just having a really weird cycle I'm always 26/27 days and this was longer and now I've started spotting. The only guess I had is that perhaps when I was really sick it threw off my cycle. It's just sooo frustrating not knowing what's going on with my body. I'm going make hubby switch sides so I can hear the thermometer to chart!

I'm okay with giving birth at a hospital (my hubby is dead set against home births for me, because I had complications last time which scared him) but I want to be able to go home within a few hours of giving birth. I've looked into it a bit and I'm worried that I might not be able to find a place to accommodate that.
I'm also dreading doctor's visits (even though I have found an amazing obgyn) and worried about possible medical complications.

He's excited for another one.

We've been dating for 10 years and married for 4 years.

I had some stuffed animals but nothing in particular I was attached too.
#424 of 429 Old 09-14-2014, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Testing to see if I an get a pic to work
#425 of 429 Old 09-16-2014, 10:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Um, hi everyone. Sorry I just vanished for a few months there. I had a head wound, complete with a Traumatic Brain Injury, that had me pretty much bedridden for a while there so I wasnt doing much of anything. Actually there is still a piece of debris in my face I have to get removed soon. I haven't had a chance to read through all of what I missed, but I like SidraJedi's checkin idea.

Not much really, this will be our first "on purpose" baby. I mostly just want to be in the best physical shape I can.
I honestly don't know. I think he's a bit apprehensive actually, but he's agreed to TTC.
DH and I began dating in April 2003, broke up in August '03, had a baby January '04, started dating again in 2008, moved in together September 2010, eloped December 2011, had our wedding June 2012, had baby #2 June 2013. Simple question, complex answer!
4. Did you have a lovey when you were small?[/QUOTE]
I had a blankie that I passed on to someone else when I was ten or so, and I still have Max the rabbit who is pretty ratty with no fuzz left on his nose, but is very loved.

As far as plans for TTC, we had discussed trying in July '14 but I was injured and I haven't gotten a PP AF yet. Right now it looks like we are going to start TTC in June 2015, so DS will be 3ish when the next baby arrives. On the other hand we're not really doing anything to TTA, unless you count breastfeeding all the freakin time. I would be totally fine with an oops baby anytime in the next year. Right now we're reading TCOYF together and planning to start FAM, but there doesn't seem to be much point until I'm cycling again.

To tide myself over until we are actually TTC I've been planning (ok obsessing) about baby names. Just so I'm ready! Or something...

Me treehugger.gif + DH reading.gif= DD faint.gif (1/2004) & DS babyf.gif (6/2013)
homeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#426 of 429 Old Today, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so all you charting mamas, i will be relying on you all once my dern BBT thermometer gets here (stupid standard shipping says it wont be here until the first week of Oct and I ordered it going on 2 weeks ago, grr!). I have no idea what my luteal phase is, when or if I ovulate and so on. Eek!

This week's questions:

1. What concerns you the most about TTC? Well, the fact that this is the first time ive ever TTC'd in my life. Up until this, ive been avoiding pregnancy like the plague, so it feels weird to be gearing up to TRY to get pregnant. lol Plus, like i said, i have no idea if i ovulate, what my charts will look like and just starting the process to potential parenthood is surreal in and of itself.
2. How does your SO feel about TTC, nervous? excited? He's blase about it. He's a very even keel type of dude (unless its about his sports teams lol). So he's kinda chill about it, thus far.
3. How long have you and your SO been together and/or married? We have been together since the summer of 2003, married 10 years last month (Aug).
4. Did you have a lovey when you were small? Umm....i suppose I did, there a few toys that i still remember, one is this German plush knit doll that my Dad brought home for me while he's was deployed on duty (Army) in Germany. But i treated that doll bad, so i dunno if that was my lovey per se, lol.

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
#427 of 429 Old Today, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
@LTurtle Oh my goodness! That really stinks that you got hurt! I hope you are feeling better! What happened? (If you don't mind me asking.)
This is going to be my first "on purpose" baby too, lol. I can't wait to find out I'm pregnant this time around. Obviously we will be TTC so Hubby will know, but I want to try to sneakily take the test and surprise Hubby in some creative way when I find out it is actually positive this next time around.

Welcome @Brown Lioness ! Good luck with charting, I've now officially started charting everyday this cycle. Although I'm still getting used to the thermometer and if you don't push the button after it's done it doesn't save the temp apparently, so I lost this morning's temp. It's great to have all the info about my body though. Let me know how it goes for you!

I would love to hear how others plan to confirm their pregnancy when they TTC. Will you test with your hubby or without? Are you going to try to surprise him?
#428 of 429 Old Today, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
We're hoping to be able to get into a good financial place to be able to start TTC when kiddo turns 2 (in April). I don't know if we'll be able to or not. I've been having a rough time seeing pregnant folk and people with little babies, especially those wearing them. I don't know if it's just wanting a baby, or if it's just as much wanting to be in a position to have a baby.

Insurance. We only have catastrophe insurance right now, and I don't know what we'll be able to afford. I'd qualify for state insurance, but here it ONLY covers "pregnancy related" issues, so if I need phsyical therapy again I may have to fight it,a nd I don't know how many places take it. I'm also worried about how appliny for it will go, I applied for it for kiddo over a month ago and yesterday found otu that his case numbe "doesn't exist". Ugh. Last time, I was on state insurance in CT and it was WONDERFUL- it even covered all but $450 of home birth! I really wish we'd never moved out of CT...

I don't want to do a home birth again after midwife trauma last time, but I also don't really want a hospital birth and don't feel comfortable doing a UC. So. Dunno.

Mostly sad about the wait and that we're in a position to have to wait. If we were better off financially we actually might decide to start trying in December or even now. I'm really excited to get pregnant again. Last time, I was at an awful school that spent the first trimester bullying me into an abortion and the rest of my time there making it clear that our baby and us were very unwelcome. Some individuals were good, otherwise we wouldn't've survived, but the institution as a whole was horrifying. The day after I found out I was pregnant (and we were both super happy about it), I was told that if I didn't get an abortion they'd kick me out on the streets and wouldn't let me use my financial aid towards housing. I was terrified about telling people because I couldn't take any more negativity about the pregnancy, so I hid it (and did a great job- a lot of people didn't realize I was pregnant until after I showed up with a newborn).

It'd be really nice to experience being pregnant and being able to just be happy about it and not have constant pressure to kill my baby.

Together for 6 years as of next month, married for 5.

A stuffed animal my aunt had sewn before I was born. I lost it in Florida.

#429 of 429 Old Today, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
@aslandess I had a flowerpot smash on my face, cut all the way down to the skull and had a severe concussion. Doing better now. Still get headaches/dizziness now and then, and the piece of debris bugs me when I bump it.

@sillysapling sorry to hear about your money trouble. Dealing with public assistance seems to be a major pain in the butt more often than not. We're on food stamps right now, and I was on the state healthcare plan when DD was born. The options for care were somewhat limited, but once I was all signed up they covered everything. (yay Oregon) That really sucks about your school, I cant imagine people thinking its ok to talk to a pregnant woman like that. I hope you get better support this next time around!

ETA: the last couple pregnancies DH was working odd hours so he was gone when I tested with FMU. I just told him yes or no when he came home. I've seen some cute announcement ideas online, but he wouldn't think they were funny so I'm just boring about it. Now he's home in the morning though so next time we'll probably test together.

Me treehugger.gif + DH reading.gif= DD faint.gif (1/2004) & DS babyf.gif (6/2013)
homeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Last edited by LTurtle; Today at 09:58 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Tags
Family Planning , Fertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page