Wanting But Waiting 2014 - Page 22 - Mothering Forums
 38Likes

#631 of 637 Old 01-03-2015, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I am so sorry for your loss, @LTurtle
LTurtle likes this.

Semi-crunchy stay at home mama to Astrid (8), Leland (5) and someone new 11/15!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#632 of 637 Old 01-04-2015, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
@LTurtle sorry for your false positive or your loss! That must be so hard. Nevertheless, we're here with you as you continue to try for that BFP!

@EnglishTeacherMom I don't see why it would matter how old your son is. If you want another, good for you! I would imagine that your son will be a big help. What does he say when you've discussed having a baby?

How do we get a new 2015 thread??

I just wanted to let you all know that I found out Friday morning that my biopsy came back negative and I got the clear from my doctor to start TTC as soon as we'd like, hopefully in Feb! I have my pre-conception appt. scheduled for Jan. 19th, started prenatal vitamins this morning, and all is contingent on whether or not DH finds work asap. my fingers are crossed!
pokeyac likes this.

kristi, 30 years old.  married to eric 8.17.13. and can't wait to be a mama.
our baby bird is due in december 2015

set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul.

#633 of 637 Old 01-04-2015, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadance84 View Post

How do we get a new 2015 thread??
Someone just needs to make it. I think there's hte perception of responsibility- that if you start the thread you have to put up the questions, monitor it, etc- that's stopping people from doing it. If no one cares that I probably won't be doing that, I'll make it myself.

1/15
this is just a moment in time, step aside and let it happen
#634 of 637 Old 01-05-2015, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
I'm very sorry to hear that @LTurtle . The reproductive process is such a complicated mystery sometimes, we don't know what is happening. I hope the next try is successful.

I started a new thread for 2015. Please join us over there! I'm happy to maintain it, post graduates, or members, anything you all would like. Anyone can post questions if they want. The 2014 was started by someone who quickly graduated and then sidrajedi started the weekly questions later in the year, so I don't think we need to be too strict on any rules.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#635 of 637 Old 01-05-2015, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysapling View Post
Both of us are looking. Right now I make 8.50/hr and dp can't find a job that either works around my hours or covers the cost of daycare. We graduated in may and both expected at least ONE of us would get a decent job. It's been 6 months and it's easy to feel hopeless. We're in an area with a good economy, relatively speaking. Were both discussing going back to school but are so jaded. If we'd spent the last four years sitting around playing video games we would be in the exact same place job wise, but with far less debt. :|
We went through this too. Luckily our depressing post-grad periods were staggered by a couple of years so we weren't both going through it simultaneously. It's such a slap in the face to research your program, spend the money, work your butt off and then go back to a minimum wage gig. If I could say anything to you and to myself back then, IT GETS BETTER. It took each of us a year to find a better job, not great, but a foot in the door anyway. Seems like eons ago now but I'll never forget feeling like it would never end.

Married my husband in 2007 & welcomed our little boy in March 2013.A little sibling is on the way 12/15 | We are into farm-to-table eating, adventurous travel, integrated healthcare, home birth, breastfeeding and attachment parenting.

#636 of 637 Old 01-06-2015, 04:14 AM

I'm glad to hear that. Right now it feels like college was an absolute waste of time. I could've gotten the job I'm in out of highschool, worked for those years, and been promoted to a better position. I work with someone a year older than me who got the job at 19- she's full time, health benefits, not the greatest pay but sure as heck better than me.

1/15
#637 of 637 Old 01-19-2015, 12:57 PM

Talked to a local mom about a homebirth midwife and got in touch with her. DP and I both feel very good about her, and we now know that she takes medicaid (which I'll most likely be on) and that she has a fee on top of it so we know what we're looking at for financing and such, so we can figure out for sure when we're ready.

I was really concerned about birth- the state we moved to has made home birth harder to offer, so I thought our options were out of home or unassisted. I wasn't happy with either option.

1/15

Tags
Family Planning , Fertility

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page