Wanting But Waiting 2014 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 401 Old 02-26-2014, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Welcome slwkrachie, I hope you find the support you need here.

So ladies, I am getting close to O and have been on very very good behavior. Working working on a project, working my tale off. I haven't even felt like bding until today...all of the sudden, I get the urge to read ds3's birth story and ook at pictures of me pregnant with him and I get so carried away, I read all of the birth stories in Jan and Feb ddc!! Help! I am getting close to rationalizing getting pregnant this month because it would be lovely. Did you hear that? LOVELY! To have a winter baby! NOOooooooo! I am trying to breathe through it before DH gets home. Hhahahaha...I should be working right now. What am I doing on MDC anyway??

Yaliina likes this.

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS R ('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting a brand new baby(Maybe a... GIRL?!) in January 2015.
#182 of 401 Old 02-26-2014, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Lol. I think our cycles are synced up or something. I should be Oing on Friday. Monday we were not very careful at ALL when we DTD. Then yesterday I told DH its freakin miserable, I feel like I'm in heat! I guess that turned him on. I can't remember the last time we DTD two days in a row, but at least we managed to be responsible about it last night. HAha, it'll be funny if we end up in the same DDC writer!

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#183 of 401 Old 02-26-2014, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Writer, chunklin you two make me laugh, good luck avoiding this cycle wink1.gif
#184 of 401 Old 02-26-2014, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I have 2 kids 5 and 16 months and I'm ready for baby #3. We tried in dec but was not successful which concerned me a little bc we have always gotten pregnant on the first try, but I am still bf. we may have to wait though bc of insurance. Our plan has a high deductible and we would probably end up paying for all of the prenatal care and some of the birth. So we have been wAiting this month and last to see if we could change insurance but still don't have an answer. If we can't then we have to wait until the fall when open enrollment comes and switch to a better plan. I haven't read through the thread yet but looking forward to joining in!

DH 31; Me 30; DD 5; DS 1; Baby due Dec 17th
#185 of 401 Old 02-27-2014, 06:15 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi everybody!  I'd like to join in - we'll be TTC #3 this August! We were planning to TTC last August, but for various reasons (financial, youngest needed more time to be "baby", etc.) decided to hold off and I'm soooo glad we did.  We (I) are in a much better place and there will be so much less stress now. 

I'm starting to get super excited, but *must* wait until August (no winter babies for me!), so I will focus on prepping.  As I will be officially AMA for this pregnancy, I'm focusing on getting my body and mind in prime condition - nutrition, exercise, relaxation, and sleep - and adding whatever supps are necessary. I conceived both my sons on the second cycle, but that was at 29 and 33 years old, this time I will be 37 and a lot can happen in 4 years. Am already taking folic acid (800mcg), Vit D (2000iu), red clover and RRL teas. I'll probably get some cod liver oil and brewer's yeast. Thinking of adding some maca for energy, too.

Has anyone here tried CoQ10 for egg quality preemptively?  I've no real reason (beyond my age) to think it will be an issue, but it can't hurt, right?

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#186 of 401 Old 02-27-2014, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome to our newest waiters!

Guess what? I totally held out like a champ yesterday! Mainly because I have been offered a position coaching 9th grade girls softball this spring and that was the hot topic in my house last night (should I or shouldn't I take it). Also, since I've pretty much (90% sure) decided to accept the job, I will have to make sure I don't get pregnant until the season is over. it would make for an oh-so-uncomfortable and difficult first Tri--running drills and batting practice carrying very heavy bags etc...but I am super excited because I will be getting paid pretty well for being outside in the sunshine and fresh air, and moving my body more than usual since my job now is to sit on my ass and write 80 pages per month of lit analysis. This will be a welcome break in the routine.

I have to admit that not worrying about being pregnant makes me VERY productive--I get back a whole bunch of time to clean the house and do my work and play with the boys. The past two months I totally wasted so much time just thinking about how I was feeling and symptom spotting because I just can't help it. If there is a chance, I am all over it. It didn't help that I am having big hormonal shifts and waves though, so it makes sense that I was thinking about it all them time--I felt like cramp for an extended period.

Lastly, I wanted to know if anyone is already thinking about names. I do all the time because I LOVE naming (titling) things and finding the perfect name takes a long time. I've already got my family going too and we have a running list. it is something fun to do at night when we're all chillin'...I have three boys all with names ending in -an. Ethan, Caelan, and Rowan. So I am headed toward another name that fits with the set. Maybe. I've been kicking around a one syllable name to break set, but still fit in, something like Wren or Lark. Really love those. My absolutely top pick is Peregrine, but DH can't fathom this as a name--he says it reminds him too much of a vicious bird with razor sharp talons. I only think of the cool sounds in the name and the nickname Pippin, like in The Lord of the Rings.

What names are you  thinking about?

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS R ('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting a brand new baby(Maybe a... GIRL?!) in January 2015.
#187 of 401 Old 02-27-2014, 11:26 AM

I'm proud of you writer!
Yes I do think if names already too, glad I'm not alone on that one lol. We always try for a biblical name. Our first 2 only their middle names are biblical, the younger 2 both first and middle names are. DH really wants Paul if we have another boy. Paul is ok its just SO plain and boring to me! I really really like Judah, if we had another boy. Girls are harder because a lot of biblical girl names are old lady names! There's Sarah, Hannah, and Mary, but those are plain. I like Joy or Faith as girls names.

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

#188 of 401 Old 02-27-2014, 01:26 PM

Welcome to all the new ladies.

Writer good job waiting, and that softball job sounds like a lot of fun.

Both my kids middle names are after grandparents on my husbands side (Carlisle and Jean) I would love to keep doing that. If we had a boy I would love to use Albert (my grandfather) as a middle name but I have no first names that I like to go with it. For a girl I have no idea, I don't really care for the names Constance and Lois. Of course I before we started our family I was sure I was going to name my first girl Hayley Anne. When I found out I was having a girl I tried it out and it never felt like it fit. So anything can happen, I might like one of those names when the time comes. Or I'll need to start going farther back in my family history smile.gif
#189 of 401 Old 02-27-2014, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Welcome apeydef and suzywan!

I'm still struggling with tugs to my heart to add another. My baby is one, and she still nurses a ton and seems like a baby to me. I want to give her more time to be my only.

Writer, I've always been name obsessed. My DD is Margot Jane. DH gave her her first name and I chose her middle (after Jane Austen). I frequently call her Jane or Janie. For our next child, if a boy, we've decided on Henry Peregrine, nn Pip. Girls are trickier bc I love so many and am unsure of whether I should stick to some sort of naming scheme- for example, Margot means pearl so we could go with Esmé, which means emerald. Or Ruby. DH isn't fond of either. I like the two syllable first name with a punchy one syllable middle- Sadie (a diminutive of my name) is a contender- mn Kate maybe, or Leigh (a family name). We like Phoebe. Maybe Phoebe Leigh or Phoebe Rose (also a family name, after my great grandmother Rose). Or we could go outside that syllable pattern altogether. Josephine, Louisa, Elinor.

Ehhh. We try to go for traditional but not too popular and just a little quirky. Preferably a bit literary, and a saint name- and like I said, I'm nitpicky about patterns. I call DD by her middle name so I'd like to be able to do the same for future children. It's tough.

24 years old. Central PA. Married to a medical student. DD1 - Valentine's Day 2013. treehugger.giflactivist.gifcaffix.gifdelayedvax.giffamilybed1.gifwhale.gif
#190 of 401 Old 02-27-2014, 10:54 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Welcome to the new "ladies in waiting"!

I'm proud of you for waiting, Writer. You don't want a winter baby anyway. Just think of how hard it is to find a coat that fits a super-baby-belly. And if that doesn't work, think of the poor kid who'd have to contend with Christmas, and always be deprived of pool party birthdays. ;-)

That is good information about plastics. I guess I knew that- they always seem somehow unsafe to me, but I guess I got lulled by the "BPA Free" hype. What a task to get rid of all that! Maybe we should do the same. We've never really used baby bottles, since I can't ever seem to pump anything, but we do have a bunch of plastic cups. May have to look at buying new stuff. Since I've pretty much decided that all we really need are some cloth diapers & a car seat, that'll give me something to shop for. 

I am name-obsessed, too! I always read all the credits at movies so I can see if there are any great names I like, and see which ones are super-common (to avoid). We like to go with traditional but uncommon names. Our oldest is Nathan Macalister, and the youngest is Warren Parker. I like the 2-syllable first name, and we have talked about sticking with the "n" ending first name, followed by an "r" ending middle. But that isn't set in stone. So far, we're thinking about Gavin or Cavin or Kevin, but don't have much on a middle name. DH wants Robert, after his grandfather, but I'm not sure that it isn't too common. I like names with some significance, but honestly, we picked Macalister and Warren out of the air- no meaning or significance. We'd originally planned to use "Mac" instead of Nathan, but when he was born, he just seemed to fit Nathan better, so that stuck. I do like to be sure that there are plenty of options for nick-names, but nothing embarrassing. We haven't considered the possibility of a girl too seriously. I have always liked Annabelle, but have no ideas for a middle.

I love Peregrine as a name! Of course, I'm a real geek, and a big Tolkien fan. 

I'd be interested to hear more about the supplements you mentioned, suzywan. I'm always trying to learn more about that kind of stuff. 

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, working on my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
#191 of 401 Old 02-28-2014, 01:26 PM

K so I ended up Oing last night instead of today... Just a few hours from CD14.
I don't want to drive myself nuts again this month but Monday night we were not careful so that was just 3 days prior to the big O. I'm wondering is anyone was still left swimming . I did sit up and try to push most of it out... so hopefully there wasn't enough in there to last 3 days. While I would (obviously) love to get pregnant I hope its not yet. Just bad timing!
Yaliina likes this.

#192 of 401 Old 02-28-2014, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Aww, Yeah, there is always a chance. Not as much as if you'd kept it all in there for longer, but think about how many are in a tiny drop...Maybe to dispel guilt you could talk with DH about not TTA? That way you're not in the state of limbo so long. Having done that two month in a row, I know how hard that state is. And how time consuming worrying and wondering how you feel about whatever way it may go...I will keep you in my thoughts. I know any way it goes will probably be welcome.

DH and I also DTD last night but I told him that we ad all these plans and my softball coaching and yadda yadda and so he used withdrawl. Actually it's funny because we have a very equitable relationship and he is usually the one who is all about "protection" and grabbing the condom but lately I think he really just wants to make another baby! He was never like this before. It must be his time. Definitely a weird position for me to be in trying to remind him to be careful! hahaha.

#193 of 401 Old 02-28-2014, 05:04 PM

Well, I really wanna keep TTA till August. But yea limbo is so lame. I'm having a beer tonight, since its doubtful.
Yaliina likes this.

#194 of 401 Old 03-01-2014, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

I'm with you Chunklins! August is a great month for TTC, but feels sooo far away. And I will keep my fingers crossed that your baby appears in the summertime-- I hope I didn't come across as insensitive. I reread my post above and it seems like I could have said it better/different. I hope you understood what I was saying and that you don't feel like I was judging you at all. I am the LAST person who could ever do that. hahaha. I squander all my great plans often enough for the love of spontaneity.

#195 of 401 Old 03-01-2014, 07:53 AM

Oh no, I knew whatcha meant. Its all good.
I just want to let LO be the baby till he's at least 18 months. Even though he would be over 2 when the new baby would actually be born, there's always the chance that my milk might dry up during pregnancy and even if it didn't, I would probably pursue night weaning and move him out of our bed, so on and so forth. He's only 12 months, that's too soon for me.
I just really wanted this month to be like "well, I don't have to wonder and worry" but no! Darn hormones and heat of the moment nonsense!

#196 of 401 Old 03-01-2014, 08:53 PM

I think my hormones are going crazy. I don't usually cry during movies but today I started to tear up while watching Unstoppable. It's not the first time I've seen it and it's an action movie, not a tear jerker. It was kind of embarrassing smile.gif
writermama12 likes this.
#197 of 401 Old 03-02-2014, 10:03 AM

Hope everything turns out for you, Chunklin. I think being on here with all you hormonal ladies has affected my hormones, lol. I was visited by AF this week! I have a Mirena, and rarely get a cycle. I think browsing this board and hearing/thinking about having babies has done something to me, haha. 

writermama12 likes this.

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, working on my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
#198 of 401 Old 03-02-2014, 10:58 AM

Haha Katydid! That is too funny!

Yaliina - how do you like the mirena? I only had it for 4 or 5 months, I hated it and couldn't wait to get it out!

#199 of 401 Old 03-03-2014, 12:20 PM

So I'm 4DPO and I got another patch of EWCM, what the heck?? I hope I'm not. gearing up to O again!! I hate when your body sends. mixed signals such as this!

#200 of 401 Old 03-03-2014, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Chunklins, My sitch is a bit different, but this cycle I had all my regular O signs plus EWCM, cramping yadda yadda at CD6-9, then again on CD12-14, and now again a CDt 17 and 18  and I finally have positive OPKs which means I will O around CD 19. Crazyness!

#201 of 401 Old 03-04-2014, 10:54 AM

Chunklin, I LOVE my Mirena! I know not everyone has the same experience, but mine have been overwhelmingly positive. I had one in about 18 months PP after my oldest (~7 years ago). I started cycling within 3 months of having him, despite EBF around the clock, with co-sleeping, so I knew I'd get pregnant as soon as we weren't careful. Also, my periods were SO heavy & long! Mirena made them disappear!! I had it out 3 years later, so we could get pregnant with our youngest. I started charting the month before having it removed, even though I wasn't being visited by AF, and I started cycling immediately after having it out. We TTA for a month, just to be sure, and then got pregnant on the first try.  After DS2, my only question to the surgeon was "how soon can you put my IUD in?" 'cause I knew I'd be fertile almost immediately. I've had this one in for 3.5 years now, and occasionally have a light period, or some spotting, but nothing major. No other side effects, either. I love it! 

As for EWCM, I think it can be misleading. I would get it at random times & think I must be about to O, and then my BBT would disagree, and a week later, it would happen again, but with the BBT shift, so I knew it was real. I'm glad we're not relying on my charting ability to avoid, though, or we'd have 10 kids already, lol!

:)

#202 of 401 Old 03-04-2014, 11:09 AM

My ewcm is gone today, so it must have been a random fluke.

The mirena, I guess because of the hormones, it messed me all up. What I hated the most was the entire time I had it in, I didn't climax. So that totally sucked! Talk about birth control lol

#203 of 401 Old 03-04-2014, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Ladies! I have done myself proud this cycle and have successfully ept hormones at bay so as not to ruin my good plans. And while abstaining, I've been thinking about how tired I get with little sleep 4 days out of 7, and how it might be nice to give myself a break and catch up on sleep for next year...meaning, I am reconsidering TTc this May, and even reconsidering about August/Sept. (which are my real target months) and perhaps even waiting until the following summer of 2015 to TTC. I am not sure at all how I feel about it, and have been casually mulling it over every day while I do the dishes or pick up toys or especially when I play one on one with the littlest, DS3. I almost feel like I might miss out on giving him extra special attention if I get pregnant again and I don't want to leave him high and dry and start thinking about the next baby when I still want to focus on him now!

What do you all think about that? What are your experiences with timing/ waiting?

Originally we talked about having another one about 2 years apart so that it doesn't get left behind or left out by the two middle boys (who are two years apart) because they are a pair--having them close was only hard for the first few months then my youngest began walking at 7.5 mo and they've been the best playmates ever since. It is amazing!!!! I love that and don't want the next baby to be left out of it from being too little to be accepted by olders. We also wanted to keep them close so that we could all begin adventuring/camping/kayaking together sooner and not with older kids plus baby, which would be really hard I think. iDK. Just thinking.

#204 of 401 Old 03-04-2014, 02:03 PM

I hear ya, I have my days when I think it would be better to wait it out for one more year.

I can speak from personal experience with the third kid getting left out a lot due to age spacing .The first 2 are 2 years apart, and they're pretty close. They often leave #3 out. His feelings are frequently hurt for this reason. I wish my #4 was closer in age to him so they could have buddied up more. Down the road in life hopefully they'll all manage to be tight. But right now, its not exactly the case.

#205 of 401 Old 03-04-2014, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for sharing Chunklins. I am glad my intuition about the third child dynamic is accurate (at least part of the time). Also, I think I do really like the plan to keep them close...can I admit that I am nervous--I am. I am nervous about it being to hard with another little, that it might mess up our lovely family dynamic that we can manage fine right now. There will be one extra kid but I only have two hands. And I am just getting the hang of mothering two little ones at once. Do I want to go and make things harder now that life is easy-ish again?

Chunklins, how far apart are #3 and 4? What is their relationship like? How far apart is #3 from 2?

#206 of 401 Old 03-04-2014, 06:53 PM

There's almost 3 years between my second and third. There's 4 and a half years between my third and fourth. My fourth adores his older brother, and he's mostly good with the baby. Sometimes he plays SO good with the baby! And I bet once the baby can walk he will be his shadow, but I don't really see them being close play mates. My third is a tag along with the older 2, and I'm guessing the baby's gonna tag along his older brother.

#207 of 401 Old 03-07-2014, 07:52 PM

How is everyone?

Not much going on here, I've been crampy, super tired and feeling slightly sick for the last week, I'm not sure what's going on. I kind of think AF is trying to show up. Did anyone else's body do funny things before their first ppaf?
#208 of 401 Old 03-08-2014, 07:00 AM

I'm here. I've been supporting a friend who's actually a classmate of my DH. She, DH, and her husband are all three medical students at the same clinical campus and we've gotten quite close. Problem is, she is miserable in medical school and doesn't see herself ever wanting to practice medicine. The only reason she'd continue at this point is because her terrible awful parents pressured her into it and told her she shouldn't "settle" for being a nurse. So now she's in a pickle because she's invested 3 years of time and money into a degree that will be worthless unless she pursues residency. She wants to drop out and start a family.
In talking her through her problems and speaking to her about the various joys and challenges of being a medical school mother, I've ignited my desire for another.
I'm thinking: May-August would be good. I can hold off unti then, and it gives me time to sort out my 13 mo DD's terrible sleeping, devote more time/energy to fitness and health, travel, etc. I'm very excited smile.gif
writermama12 likes this.

24 years old. Central PA. Married to a medical student. DD1 - Valentine's Day 2013. treehugger.giflactivist.gifcaffix.gifdelayedvax.giffamilybed1.gifwhale.gif
#209 of 401 Old 03-08-2014, 08:32 AM

I think our littles are the same age. I'm guessing you have a Feb baby? I think writer does too! It would be so cool if we all got pregnant with the next together. Then we could support each other in the various trials of being the same gestation with toddlers that are also the same age. We would all likely be facing similar circumstances.

#210 of 401 Old 03-08-2014, 11:12 AM

3lilChunklins- that's neat! Yes, I have a Valentine's Day baby. It'd be very cool to go through that new baby adjustment at the same time as you and writer, and bounce experiences/ideas off of each other.

Tags
Family Planning , Fertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page