Spontaneous Ovulation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-16-2013, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

anyone experienced or know anything about spontaneous ovulation?  i always thought it was a myth.....

but it is EXACTLY what this pregnancy looks like.

Nov 17th, i had no fertile signs, relaxed, hung out w/ hubby, just had a wonderful weekend w/ him. that night, i had ovulation signs.  none before DTD, but was almost certain that very same weekend that we had unintentionally nailed it.  only had mucus that night and the next morning, but it was EWCM w/out a doubt.  then a dry day the next day after the morning, and a dry day after that.    

my ovulation started up and came a week later (6 days).  but there is some evidence that ovulation was actually that same night.  and w/ the full standard ovulation a week later it seemed likely to be a double peak.

i'm 10 months PP and this was only my 2nd cycle.  my 1st cycle was obviously low progesterone and i only had a 9 day luteal phase and breakthrough bleeding before ovulation.  but this cycle everything seemed to be more, well, functional.

any mamas out there have insight for me?  experiences?  wisdom to share!!

joy.gifSAHM and Holistic Health Counselor with  angel.gif 1/05, DS1 blahblah.gif 3/06, angel1.gif 5/07, DD1 dust.gif 3/08, DD2 thumbsuck.gif 11/09, DD3 energy.gif 4/11, and DS2 babyf.gif 2/13.  expecting a surprise stork-suprise.gif 8/14!
#2 of 4 Old 12-20-2013, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I know someone who was charting, (mucus, BBT and everything). She *knows* she got pregnant by spontaneous ovulation because her husband was out of town her entire cycle up until around 6 days after her temp rise and she ended up pregnant. NFP would say this isn't possible but she's in her 2nd trimester now!

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#3 of 4 Old 12-20-2013, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

WHOAH.  that would shock me!  that is certainly unexpected!!!  thanks for sharing! 

personal experiences help so much!!!

come to think of it, a few of my pregnancies may have been post-peak spontaneous ovulation.... that would help explain my ridiculously late due dates for 2 of them....

joy.gifSAHM and Holistic Health Counselor with  angel.gif 1/05, DS1 blahblah.gif 3/06, angel1.gif 5/07, DD1 dust.gif 3/08, DD2 thumbsuck.gif 11/09, DD3 energy.gif 4/11, and DS2 babyf.gif 2/13.  expecting a surprise stork-suprise.gif 8/14!
#4 of 4 Old 01-14-2014, 03:46 PM

I'm fairly certain Kai was the result of
spontaneous ovulation smile.gif We were technically in the clear, which is why we are using condoms EVERY time we DTDb until we're ready to conceive again!!
HouseofPeace likes this.

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

Tags
Fertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page