When can I expect my fertility back? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2014, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi Mommas,

I have a relatively personal question for all of you.  My son is 11 months old, and still nurses for most of his nutrition.  I feed him solids, baby food, etc. but he's just not that interested.  He nurses usually around 5x a night (I think).  He's fast approaching his first birthday, and I always thought it would be nice to have kids 2 years apart.  Except now that might not even be possible!  I was curious to know when your fertility returned.  I've been considering weaning a bit, but the problem is nursing my son revolves around sleeping.  He'll only nurse when he's tired and needs a nap or wakes up at night.  I'd love to night wean, but I just haven't had any luck.  I'm afraid if I wean during the day then he'll want to nurse more at night! Or that once he night weans that he'll be completely weaned.

You're probably all wondering why I'm even thinking of another baby while I still have one who wakes me up all night.   I just have the 2 year age difference stuck in my head . . . 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2014, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi,

I have three kids all 3 years apart. It wasn`t planned that way but with all three of them my fertility didn`t return until a 1.5 years post partum. I know it`s different for every nursing mother. :)

Having said that I absolutely love their age difference. The oldest is now seven with the youngest almost two. He takes care of his little sister well.

I would reducing the night nursing somehow. I know it`s easier said than done though.

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
Old 04-07-2014, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think I was around 19 months PP before I got my fertility back...but then DS was conceived on the 2nd cycle!

By then my DD was not nursing at night anymore and it really helped my energy levels that I didn't have to be up with her. DH went in instead. :D

Tags
Family Planning , Fertility
User Tag List