Mothering Forum banner

Teen pregnancy

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  OrmEmbar 
#1 ·
I'm 16, soon to be 17. I'm not sure if I'm pregnant, but I have a feeling that I might. My mom would freak out if she knew, I think. I'm usually a very responsible 16 year old, and I'm also on the pill, so I'm not quite sure how it might have happened. I need some help. How do I ask my mom to help me find out if I'm pregnant?

#2 ·
Hugs to you.

"Mom, I need help figuring something out and I'm not sure how to talk about it."

Hopefully she's the type of mom who will listen, ask a few questions, and then either get you a few pregnancy tests or take you to a clinic. If she is the type of mom who freaks out and makes everything into something about her, I recommend finding a teen clinic or planned parenthood in your area. Both should have free or low cost pregnancy tests, and you don't need parent consent to take the tests. You can also call he doctor's office where you got the prescription for birth control pills.

#4 ·
More questions:

How long have you been taking the pill?
Have you started any medications or herbal remedies recently that would make the pill less effective? (several antibiotics can interfere will bc effectiveness and St. John's Wort can make the body clear some meds more rapidly than what you want)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.