Too soon to TTC? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2014, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Too soon to TTC?

I had my second child 2.5 months ago and was planning to wait a year to TTC again, but my husband and I have recently started to consider TTC now because the timing of the birth would be good for our situation, we like the idea of children close in age, and I like the idea of being done with pregnancies sooner. I know it's generally recommended to wait a year, or 6 months, or 18 months, depending on the source of info, but my husband feels the actual basis for those recommendations is lacking (and he is a scientifically-minded person). Is it ok have kids a year apart (assuming I would be fertile)? How serious of a risk is it to the hypothetical baby, myself, or my currently nursing baby? My baby is sleeping through the night regularly (I know, I am lucky!) and my oldest is adjusting very well to a younger sibling, so from that standpoint it seems doable. I am 30 and healthy, on prenatals. Anyone have any concrete facts about this, or personal experience? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2014, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
From personal experience, my younger two children were born less than a year apart (my 4-year-old DS was born in October '09 and my 3-year-old DD was born in September '10). I wasn't able to breastfeed either because of medications I was taking, but from my experience with my first two children, my milk from my first dried up when I was pregnant with my second, so as long as you have a plan B for feeding the baby, you're fine there. In terms of my health, yes I would have liked to have waited longer, but both of my younger two were full term (or pretty close anyway) and both babies were healthy. When DD was born in 2010 and we showed her to DS, he just kind of ignored her. I doubt that it's related but she had bad colic or something for a few months, crying at dinnertime just about every night. The good news is now that they are 3 and 4 years old, they are best buddies. If you are healthy and if things are going as well as you say they are, I wouldn't worry too much.

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

User Tag List