Mothering Forum banner

Should I Be Concerned?

961 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jtapc90 
#1 · (Edited)
Sorry if this is TMI or not really posted where it should be. To me, this seems like the right place to post something like this. Anyway, so my husband and I just let nature take it's course for about a month even though we decided before that we wanted to wait to have any more children. My husband wanted to see if we could try to conceive so that he could have a child around his birthday since he is up there all alone in March. LOL Then we went on vacation and he realized he wants to have fun with the kids once while they are bigger before we have another child. So we started with our NFP method again. Okay, so maybe you are thinking that we are taking TTC for granted and shouldn't be trying if we aren't serious but we were merely letting nature take it course for a month and whatever happens, great. So, here is the problem; I am having an aversion to cake. :eek: It has happened twice now and another time with noodles. It made me nauseous. I am also breaking out, having cravings (which is fairly normal), and seem to be able to smell EVERYTHING but for me NOT to enjoy the cake TWICE was worrisome. So I took 2 HPTs (different brands and all) about 1 1/2 weeks apart and both were negative. I am still breastfeeding my 21 month old and my cycles have not returned that I am aware but with my other 3 children I always got my cycles around 18-19 months or got pregnant around that time.( >:D0:):love:blush ) I haven't had a period since September 23, 2009! So I am at a loss and am contemplating calling the midwife where I get prenatal and well-woman care to get a blood test. I am just curious what you wise Mothering mama's think about all this. Could I REALLY be getting a false negative even though HPTs have never failed me before? TIA!

See less See more
#3 ·
If it gets to 3 weeks since you went back to avoiding and your tests are still negative I would try not to think it's pregnancy, though I understand the nagging wondering/worrying. Maybe you are having a reaction to sugar or gluten? It's bad stuff and some people get more sensitive as life goes on. You might even have insulin issues going on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.