pregnant at 43 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

#1 of 8 Old 09-26-2014, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unhappy pregnant at 43

i cannot believe im 43 and pregnant my children are 26 23 and 16 and i bring up my 5 year old grandaughter scared to say the least my partner is very happy, me i think im more worried about risks and what people will think is there anyone else out there in the same boat please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 09-27-2014, 01:56 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

You'll be alright. I'm not in your same boat, but I know quite a few ladies who have been with no problems. My grandmother had children into her forties, so did my MIL. My aunt had her first at 41 and another at 44.

My DD is ten and I have always been the youngest mama in the room when she's with her peers. I'm in my mid-thirties now, most of them are in their forties some in their fifties. Actually when I was pregnant with DD, my dad and stepmom were TTC. That would have been interesting!

Don't worry too much about what people think. Likely they won't think anything of it, but even if they do it would be incredibly rude if they said it out loud.

Me treehugger.gif + DH reading.gif= DD faint.gif (1/2004) & DS babyf.gif (6/2013)
homeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#3 of 8 Old 09-27-2014, 03:27 PM

Ah, you will be fine! And who cares one bit what others think. This is about you and your partner and your new bundle of joy! Congratulations!!!
#4 of 8 Old 09-27-2014, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi!

I have been in the same situation. I had my fifth baby at 43 as well! My older kids at the time were 20, 17, 15 and 12. I was divorced and with a new partner, who had no children but had always wanted one. We decided to go for it. It was really the BEST thing we've ever done. My older kids ADORE their little brother. We go to their soccer games, and little DS is like their mascot. EVERYONE knows who he is and plays with him. It has been so much fun--completely different experience than being a SAHM with my older kids. I bring DS to work with me (cleaning/gardening jobs) and my clients love him too.

I am now 45, but don't feel "old" at all. Our little guy has brought so much joy and happiness into all of our lives!

Good luck with your new baby!

Mom to E(11/92), H(10/95), C(4/98), S(12/00) and M(4/13)
#5 of 8 Old 11-01-2014, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
The problem with being 43 for many women is getting pregnant in the first place. I know at 43 i thought i would never get pregnant, though i was ttc. And i was right, i didnt get pregnant at 43, i got pregnant at 44!, and gave birth at home a week shy of 45. No complications. The pregnancy was easy. Im 47 now.

If you got pregnant, then most likely you are healthy enough to be pregnant and give birth.

Dont believe in all the misinformation around you. Congratulations!!!!
#6 of 8 Old 11-01-2014, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'm in a similar boat!

I feel your surprise and your uncertainty!
I started an over 40 thread too and there are a few of us on there....

Me, 42
Hubs, 44
Married 22 years
Two boys 11 and 9
and a HUGE surprise: EDD June 4th - BOY #3
#7 of 8 Old 11-01-2014, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
contactmaya, what you wrote was super enouraging THANK YOU
I have had an early ultrasound already and I'm crazy nauseous, so seems like a sticky baby. We are excited and upset and worried and all those emotions all mixed together. I did decide that I'd like to have the early DNA bloodwork, so doing that this week. How far along are you OP?

Me, 42
Hubs, 44
Married 22 years
Two boys 11 and 9
and a HUGE surprise: EDD June 4th - BOY #3
#8 of 8 Old Today, 03:28 AM

You just dont worry about it and keep the hopes that everything is going to go fine..

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page