Wanting another child, but husband says NO. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 02-01-2015, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wanting another child, but husband says NO.

Since I was little and used to pretend playing mommy, I always wanted 3 children. I have a 5 and a 4 year old. The pregnancies and births were fine, I loved pregnancy, labor and breastfeeding. For me it was all beautiful. Even though I would have liked the birthing process to be a bit diferent. They were natural hospital births, no meds. But I always wanted a homebirth.
So I have mentioned having a 3 on many ocassions to my husband but he is decided no more. About a year ago we had a "scare" he got pretty nervous about it, but mostly what wories him is the financial aspect.
He also comments on the world beign overpopulated and that we are draining the worlds resources.
When people ask if were gonna try for the boy (we have 2 girls) my face is like "well... not necesarily for a boy but..." He quickly replies NO.
I get his point... but I just want another child! I love big families, how it used to be. lots of brothers and sisters all helping eachother...
And about our planets resources I always tell him the way we raise our children is more eco concious than any only child that has no sence of respect or empathy for the planet.
I also consider that eventually I will quit my job because I will stay with my baby like I did with my other 2.
I just need support... I don't want to push it too much, and I totally understand that we both need to agree on this.
thanks for listening.

Peace, Love, Freedom and Happiness... and cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-01-2015, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 514 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
We have two as well and my dh sometimes said he felt guilty with just the one because of our planet situation. But then I like to think my boys will be part of a movement to save our planet and find alternate resources other than coal. Family planning is not easy. It seems no matter how many children people have they seem to make it work financially as well. I dunno, sending you a hug and hope you and you dh can come to a decision and or you can be okay with just having two. Seems like mothering sometimes is so instinctual and we could do it forever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recommended Reading
User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page