failure rate of vasectomies? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 06-14-2004, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Somehow it will all be all right!

It must be so hard to go through something like that, especially with other people there. You are one polite and patient Mama for not telling them to get the heck out!

Anything happening other than no AF? Any other signs or symptoms?
#32 of 41 Old 06-14-2004, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dh got a V 3 yrs ago. Last month I had the longest cycle of my life! 7 weeks!!!!! Ive never ever been late more than a couple days. I was completely freakin, even though dh had 2 sperm checks, got his V from a urologist........but it came. Im 46, and I think its one of those things to be expected from perimenopause.

I hope yours comes soon. I never did do a preg test, just bc I knew I wasnt. But I was sweatin' it there for awhile!
#33 of 41 Old 06-14-2004, 12:11 PM

Oh Man I really hope you get your MOON soon!!!!

MY DH got a VAS about a month ago, and he's been not worried at all about getting me PG, I've been a lot more careful, but you never know!!!!!!!!

EEEEgads, we already have 3, I don't know how insane I'd be with 4!!!!!

GOOOOOOOD LUCK and Please Keep us posted!
#34 of 41 Old 06-14-2004, 12:53 PM

Sarahbaby--- you are way braver than I! Both times we got pg w/in one month so we *know* we would be pg if we just let it go to the wind.

DH got his V in early March and it has SUCKED so far.

He gets to test again this Friday to see if he has any swimmers. We thought it would only take a few weeks (some of which I would be out of town) so we just weren't taking ANY chances (read:no sex) til he was all clear. Its been three months!!! I've got some action but I think DH is getting tiiiiired.

How young is young (when you're talking about reversion)? DH is 28 and we are happy w/2. I also plan on him getting tested at least every couple years, though. I don't want a surprise (though I know we would be thrilled if we got one).

#35 of 41 Old 06-14-2004, 12:57 PM

Quote:
My mom has a friend who got pregnant years after her dh got sniped. He didn't want to doubt his wife, but wasn't sure it was his until after the birth and they had a dna test.
Had to add. I think that would do major bad things in our relationship. DH has a friend w/four children: all have been birth control babies (multiple forms) the last after his vascectomy. He has NEVER questioned his wife. HOnestly, if we got pg after the V, I think DH would be like, "BOW before me, for I am King Potent Seed."

#36 of 41 Old 06-14-2004, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2
"BOW before me, for I am King Potent Seed."

OMG...that is HILARIOUS and I can totally see that coming out my dh's mouth
#37 of 41 Old 06-14-2004, 03:06 PM

I think DH would high five his "member" if I got pg post v.

He'd be like "Hey buddy! Good job! I knew ya had it in ya!"

Kimberly
#38 of 41 Old 06-14-2004, 03:59 PM

(((hugs)))) Vanna's mom

Sorry you're having such a horrible time with you TL. I told my husband he needed to get done because I couldn't parent anymore children than the three we already had, if I wanted to parent gently, that is. He said "no way, no how." So it was either get my tubes done, risk another pregnancy, or hormonal BC. Even after reading all the risks associated with the procedure, he wouldn't budge. So far, I've been lucky; my cycles are heavier, but not longer or painful. But that may be yet to come, and I don't consider myself "off the hook". I *hated* to have to take the step of voluntarily ending my fertility.

To the OP, I think the failure rate is higher the younger it is done, same as a TL. The body tries to repair itself, and breaks down the scar tissue, allowing the sperm to get through, although this is probably a rare occurance. The method used would also play a factor.

*******Just so you know, you and your husband should read the pros and cons of the V, as there are men (albeit rarely) who suffer side effects when it comes to testicular pain, and erection function.

DUH!!! just realized your hubby already had it done........scratch the above advice. :
#39 of 41 Old 06-14-2004, 04:16 PM

s Que, it will be ok. Maybe it's just stress of company being there and then you worrying that is holding it off? Let us know ok.
#40 of 41 Old 06-15-2004, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

I am relieved, but also, that 1% sadness you feel whenever you get a negative test.

Still nothing happening--very very unusual for me, but I guess it is normal, based on what everyone has said.

Thanks for your concern, everyone.

Now, off to worry about more problems . . .
#41 of 41 Old 06-15-2004, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Itll come mama......the second you stop worrying about it.........

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page