contraception postpartum - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-11-2004, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds is 6mo old and I do not have my period back, so I can't do fertility awareness. condoms are out of question and I've about had it with abstinence. I thought I would have had it by now. with dd I got it back at 3mo. I considered a diaphram, but I don't want to put that yucky spermacide stuff in there. I'm into being as natural as possible. Is there a natural spermacide alternative? what about that cervical cap thing. anybody use one, how do you like it? Blessings
jenny
#2 of 5 Old 06-14-2004, 11:51 AM

Hi Jenny!

I used a cervical cap for years, and loved it. No problems at all. You should know, though, that you still have to use spermicide in the cap, just as in the diaphragm. That's a good question about a natural spermicide...I've never heard of one.

I'm 7 mos post-partum too, and no AF yet. BC was a source of stress at first. I went to get re-fitted for a cap, only to find my cervix is no longer in a good position to wear one. I didn't want to use the pill, and no IUD. We'd been using fertility awareness before we got pg, but we got pg the first month we tried. So, we use condoms now, until my period returns, and then it's back to the charts! I haven't been this freaked out by birth control since I was 17! :
#3 of 5 Old 06-15-2004, 01:33 AM

I conceived #3 the first month I tried out my cervical cap. It does use less spermicide, and can be left for 72 hours so seemed like a good option for me at the time (in med school, on call every 4th night, so then home 3 nights) Unfortunately (or actually fortunately since I love my son very much!) I must not have been fitted quite right, because we I got pregnant the very first cycle I used it, despite still breastfeeding my dd and having some irregular cycles.
#4 of 5 Old 06-16-2004, 12:43 PM

Well, my bragging about no AF has ended. She showed up last night Actually, I'm kind of happy about it, as it means I can start planning to get pregnant again!

I just found out today that a friend who had a baby at the same time I did is pg again. I'm soooooo jealous....even though it'd be a bit crazy with two little ones so close in age.

Ah, soon... and now, off to eat chocolate.

I meant to add that I guess now I have to start taking this birth control thing more seriously, and not just flying by the seat of my pants!
#5 of 5 Old 06-17-2004, 04:39 PM

deleted because I didn't read your last post carefully enough. Good luck to you!

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page