Am I absolutely crazy? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 11 Old 11-13-2016, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Am I absolutely crazy?

I have 4 children who are 5, 4, 2, and 1 year old. My 3 oldest children have birthdays in the next 3 months, so they will be 6, 5, and 3 by early January, and my youngest will be 2 come June.

I thought I was DONE having children after my little girl was born (my 3 oldest are boys). My husband and I were almost 90% set on him getting the snip, but after a pregnancy scare last month, I'm not so sure (and neither is he!) any more!

FOUR kids is a lot, so what am I doing thinking about a FIFTH? They drive me crazy sometimes! I am a stay at home, home-schooling mama. I want to pull my hair out often! But they're so wonderful, and loving, and fill my heart with complete joy!

I have been breastfeeding non-stop since I had my oldest in 2010 (tandem feeding too), have had 2 premature babies, and been on weekly progesterone injections during THREE of my pregnancies. Pregnancy for me is a PAIN in the butt (literally!). It's stressful and worrying (but I LOVE growing a baby, and feeling him/her kick and wriggle, etc).

But here I am, thinking of being pregnant again, and having a newborn baby...

Someone knock some sense into me?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 07-03-2017, 06:33 AM

Possibly but that means we are even crazier. We have 13, 11, and 9 and are considering 1 more in a few years.
#3 of 11 Old 07-04-2017, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I read a study once that said something like this:

Having 1 kids is hard.
Having 2 kids is harder.
Having 3 kids is hardest of all.
Having 4 kids is easier than only having 1.
Having additional kids after 4 makes no difference at all.

I think it's probably true, because once you can handle being outnumbered with 3 kids, it just gets easier after that because by then you're a pro. Plus the oldest siblings can start helping a little with the youngest.

My family makes kids YouTube videos on our channel "Modern Tom Sawyer!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 of 11 Old 07-05-2017, 05:57 AM

true, I was 11 when my youngest sibling was born. My wife was 21 when her baby brother was born
#5 of 11 Old 08-18-2017, 03:13 AM

I also have got a sister who was 24 when I was born. Everything was ok with us))
#6 of 11 Old 09-01-2017, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am feeling this way as well! I have four boys and love them so much. We homeschool. It is tough already some days to get everything done. They are 11, 8, 5, and 3. I am 36 years old now. I've had adrenal fatigue in the past, which probably isn't all the way resolved and I don't want to backslide. My oldest has some possible medical problems which need extra help sometimes. I have rough pregnancies and takes me a long time to feel back to normal. My husband gets terribly neglected usually because of attachment parenting. If we had another I'm thinking I would have to change some of that anyway because I need to pay more attention to homeschooling my older children. I don't know what I'm thinking.....I'm not even sure if it would be best for us as a family, but I can't get it out of my head! There's about a million reasons why four is enough. I just can't get over thinking.....another whole person could exist or not based on this decision! I think it's hard to decide you're done having babies.

Jessica, wife to Mark, homeschooling mama to Micah (2006), Noah (2009), Owen (2012) and another on the way this August (20014)
#7 of 11 Old 09-11-2017, 12:33 AM

Having 1 child or 5 children doesn't make any difference, if you are able to taken care of them well. But always consider your financial, physical and mental status. After all, more kids needs more love and care. Hope this helps you.
#8 of 11 Old 09-13-2017, 06:58 PM

That is a gift of life to you, my dear. The child in your womb now has a role in this world that is why he/she is about to be born. Stay healthy and good luck!
#9 of 11 Old 09-16-2017, 04:26 AM

No not at all.
#10 of 11 Old 09-16-2017, 06:13 AM

On the one hand, having multiple kids might make you more efficient. One 2014 study found that, over a 30-year career, mothers outperformed women without children, and mothers with at least two kids were the most productive of all

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#11 of 11 Old 09-18-2017, 01:15 AM

hi

Every child is a gift. That child in your womb as of now has a mission to complete in this world. It is actually very nice to have many children because it fills the house with love and care. When they grow up, you will miss your babies.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page