Anyone have an IUD removed? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-14-2004, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How long did it take you to get pg afteerward. Did you have to be on AF when you had it removed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2004, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We didn't start trying until about 3 months later but then I got pregnant right away. I did not have to be on my period to have it removed. BTW, I found it painful to have my first IUD inserted (I'd never been pregnant) but I didn't even feel it being removed. That was a relief because I'd thought it would hurt as bad coming out as it did going in.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I had my IUD removed in 2001, and it was very smooth. In fact, I was still telling the midwife how I was worried because it was so uncomfortable going in when she held it up and showed me it was out already!

I'm no help for how long it took to get pregnant, though. I had my IUD for 5 years after taking Depo Provera for 2 years, so my cycle was really screwed up (in fact, that's why I had the IUD removed).

Good luck!

eta: Nope, didn't have to have AF when it was removed, which was good since I only had a few a year. It was just removed at my annual.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

User Tag List