Charting TTA - new thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-24-2004, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
So are all you ladies still out there?

I am. We went to the beach for a week with my family so no bding. Which was good b/c Fertility Friend told me I o'ed while out there, but I don't know if I believe that b/c my temps are all over and FF used the alternate coverline method.

So we went at it yesterday morning w/o protection, and tonight I have a ton of stretchy 4 " EWCM tinged with blood. FF says I am 6 dpo but now I am freaked out that it was wrong and I am fertile...

Anyone else freaking out every time they make love? Is this a sign that I will not do well with NFP?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2004, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I'm TTA I am new here and just was reading the other TTA thread, saw this new one and so I guess I'm posting here!!
dh and I don't want kids right now. I am leaning toward wanting to start ttc next year or the year after (basically because next year I will be 28 and the year after 29 and I don't want to wait TOO long...) but it all depends on the job situation, as we want to start a business also in the next year or so.
I've read TCOYF but haven't actually charted before. This is my last pack of bcp and I don't want to go out and buy more. So am going to start charting. Right now I'm having a visit from af (CD 2). I was actually REALLY worried I was pregnant because I kept having dreams I was pregnant where I was telling people I was pregnant. I got pregnant once before on bcp and I had the same kinds of dreams (although those were labor/birth dreams).
Anyway, I need to go out and get a thermometer. Any recommendations?
cheryl

Cheryl, proud mama to Jackson... and a baby on the way!
Old 08-26-2004, 02:23 AM

firecat.

I am still here and harboring some hope that my cycle is settling down, just got AF after a 26 day cycle which is much more in the realm of 'normal' I don't think I ovulated though - didn't notice any EWCM at any time, nor any pain (which has always been a very reliable indicator for me). Oh well. Still gonna use condoms for backup at least till I get a handle on what my body's doing... of course, we may be ready to TTC by then
Old 08-26-2004, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Hi firecat!

I use the BD digital basal. It is pink and comes with some charts you can copy. It was about $12 at Eckerd. Works well for me.

I have been having stretchy EWCM almost every other day for a couple weeks now. Still no thermal shift. Rebooting certainly is taking awhile!

Are you just coming back online after your baby, darkpear? How far apart do you want your kids to be? We are leaning towards closer. My niece is 4 and an only child and she is so desperate for someone to play with.

Old 08-26-2004, 03:00 PM

Yep. I got my first PPAF when she was 14.5 months and have been cycling irregularly since. Really hope things are settling down now...

We are planning for approximately a three year spacing - we would like to start TTC when Amalie is two. Basically I just want her mostly out of the baby stage and a bit less dependent - my last pregnancy was fairly easy except for really bad 'morning' sickness throughout first tri. Also I'm not sure if tandem nursing is for me (had horribly sensitive breasts all through last pregnancy, but that may have been because they grew three cup sizes ), but I don't want to wean before she's two.

I was an only child myself and it sucked. DP has a brother five years his junior and only in recent years have they had much in common. So we definitely want two or three kids and closer spacing but not too close... my family thinks this is irresponsible and we should wait till we're 'financially ready' but then we'd be waiting forever!
Old 08-26-2004, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

I think we want 2 or 3. I enjoyed being an only child (my half-siblings are 15 to 22 years older than me), but do not want my child to be one. Ds is almost 6 months old now and I am beginning to get the old me back. I am enjoying it and think I want to have another baby quickly so I don't get to be totally me again, and then have to start over in babyland again. Make sense? I love having ds and am enjoying his babyhood, but do not want to do babyhood for the next 10 years. I have personal life goals to fulfill too.

I am sure my family thinks we are irresponsible too, as we cannot even afford ourselves, but they talk about how they were so poor when they had us, so whatever. I'm with you - we'll never be financially ready!

Old 08-29-2004, 03:04 PM

Hey! So here you ladies are. I'd been wondering why it was so quiet lately.

lilli78 I had almost the same thing happen to me this cycle with the blood tinged ew, followed two days later by spotting.

I have no idea what is going on with my body this cycle. I've had a lot of stress and boy is my cycle reflecting that. My cervix is up and down without reason, eggwhite on several different occasions im really starting to wonder if this is right for me. On top of that I've only temped once (im on day twenty something!!!) i never get the three hours of sleep, or else I just forget

We'll see.......
Old 08-29-2004, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

It is up to 6 days in a row of EWCM. Also temps didn't stay up so probably no ovulation yet. But yesterday and today some crampiness... wish it would be a regular pattern!

Dh and I decided we want to have another baby close to our son who is almost 6 months. We hope to have dc#2 in about a year, which would make ds 1.5 years old and mean baby-making during Xmas/New Years. So not too long to wait and stress!

Here's hoping we all are regular and predictable so we can bd more often!

Old 08-29-2004, 07:58 PM

Dd keeps going back and forth between sleeping through the night and waking once or twice. I think that is a lot of what's been making me irregular (been getting plugged ducts too, fun!) - and this past week dp hurt his back and has been on painkillers that knock him out, which throws off his sleep schedule, which in turn throws off MY sleep schedule. Temping is a lost cause for the moment. Sigh. She is very enthusiastic about solids now, so I'm trying to get several small meals into her a day so that she'll nurse less... I'm not eager to completely wean, but I feel like a reduction in frequency would do a lot to get things back on track for me and hopefully kick up my libido some in the bargain. Kind of hard to bd without that

Sorry if TMI... I do have a question about thermometers though, is it ok to use an ear thermometer?
Old 08-29-2004, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know about the thermometer. I got the BD accubeep pink one. It was $12. We don't have the ear type. Maybe ask the TTC ladies?

Old 08-29-2004, 09:13 PM

about the thermometer, i've always heard that the ear kind are less accurate.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:05 PM

thanks lilli for the thermometer rec, I don't think I have ever looked at the thermometer "section" before and wanted an idea of what to look for. I'm finally going out to the drugstore today - went camping this weekend so I wasn't near a store, yay! - so I will check it out. We went to Haviland Lake (up near Purgatory) and gosh is it beautiful!! And we got a site right on the lake! very fun and relaxing.

I also have heard that the ear kind aren't reliable. Probably read it in TCOYF.
cheryl

Cheryl, proud mama to Jackson... and a baby on the way!
Old 08-30-2004, 09:52 PM

Well, I'm not doing well TTA. I fell off the charting wagon this cycle and have been patiently awaiting AF so I could start again. I'm now a week late! But I've been really sick and stressed soooo....I'll keep waiting.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:38 PM
EBM

I'm still here. I left for a while out of pure irritation..

But anyway, I am still struggling to get the charting right. I am determined to master this method.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

I am frustrated as well, EBM. May I inquire as to the nature of your frustration?

I have been having trouble with the CM. When it is obvious all over the toilet paper, that is easy. But can it fall out completely when I am going to the bathroom? Do I record that as EWCM?

Also, does the temperature of my bedroom affect my temp? My temp has not formed a pattern yet.

Old 09-01-2004, 07:13 PM

subscribing and adding that my first month of TTA and charting and such has gone really well. I had a few weird temp shifts but ds2 still doesn't sleep through the night. I was thinking maybe i should start temping vaginally. Is it better?
Old 09-01-2004, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2boys
. I was thinking maybe i should start temping vaginally. Is it better?
I have been wondering that as well.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:37 AM

My temps were more sparatic vaginally. I felt they were more acurate though. I'm more likely too keep the covers on than my mouth closed!

As for me... I"m not sure how we are doing. My body is being super weird lately. My af this past cycle was super duper heavy. I was soaking a tampon AND pad every 2 hours for 12 hours. Then it was light for about 9 days. That was 19 days ago and I started light spotting to light flow today. I'm also pretty nauseous but that is sometimes an O sign for me. My cervix is high and closed so I'm "fertile".

We messed up about 7 times alst cycle. (It was a long cycle) but I"m trying to be careful this time around. I'm not one of those gals that can say...oh, I hd bleeding so I can't be pg... I bleed when I'm pg. I spotted, bled heavy and passed clost with Bryce from 6 weeks to 39 weeks when he was born!

Dh is hopefully getting a job real soon that has immediate benefits so vasectomy here we come!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Old 09-04-2004, 12:37 PM

Lilli78-
We've been temping for 9 months now and I've found my temps actually pretty similar from winter to summer (orally) even though the bedroom temperature is vastly different since we don't have A/C and don't turn the heat up very much! My low temp level is usually around the same number and my high temp level is also similar. I do try to warm up the thermometer in a different part of my mouth first in the winter before placing it under my tounge.
(I have found my temps change somewhat when we switch daylight savings time. You have to watch that time pretty closely and adjust for the change.)

DD (2006) and DD (2009) and pos.gif
Old 09-05-2004, 09:03 PM

You guys left me behind! LOL

In case you didn't see my last post on the abandoned thread, I've given up on temping this time. I'm at CD49 and have still not ovulated or gotten af. It's been strange because I keep getting 2-3 days of ewcm and then the normal emotional rollercoaster of pms but then nothing happens. I guess I'll try again with my next bleed.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 09-06-2004, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Runner29 - Thanks for the info. I am glad to know our overuse of A/C won't hurt!

MarineWife - Sorry! Didn't mean to leave you behind!

Well, OvuSoft says I ovulated last week at CD 35. So that is exciting, I guess! But today I am 4 DPO and had some spotting. AF can't come that fast, can it?

Old 09-06-2004, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, just went to the bathroom and it was a big clot! Now am really freaked out!

Also want to test my chart link.

http://www.ovusoft.com/forum/chart.asp?id=lilli78

Old 09-06-2004, 06:43 PM

Hmmm, Lilli, the window open but I got a blank box for your chart.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 09-06-2004, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Hmm, it opened for me, but it was slow and just blank for a bit. I'll check it again. Thanks!

Old 09-06-2004, 08:59 PM

I think it's my pc. I couldn't get another thing like that open on another website. Maybe something wrong with my javascript? My pc has been giving me so much trouble lately. I wish I could afford a new one.

Old 09-07-2004, 06:02 PM

Well, between the storms and dd teething and general chaos around here, I have fallen off the charting wagon Hoping to get back on track next cycle.

Lilli your chart opened fine for me, in Opera.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:45 PM

Hi, TTA ladies!

I had posted a few times back on the abandoned post and had meant to post on this one, but I've been getting frustrated because I can't get my Ovusoft charts to upload. (I e-mailed back and forth with their online help technician, and she finally ended up sending me this e-mail of *instructions* that was--no kidding--about 5 pages long! Geez!)

Anyway, I'm going to try to upload my charts again sometime soon. I have six cycles worth of good charts in Ovusoft that I'd like to be able to share.

I've been charting for about one year (but only started e-charting 6 cycles ago), but DH and I also use barriers because he isn't totally comfortable just trusting FAM.

We're TTA for at least 2-2.5 years (is there a pouting smilie?), until DH is done his degree and has a job ...

I have a chart-posting etiquette question for you ladies: Do you think it's okay to include information on a chart about when intercourse took place? I certainly don't mind seeing it on other's charts, nor do I mind sharing my information. I think it's helpful information to have, especially if there is a question about possible pregnancy, and you have other people reviewing your chart. I'm asking this question because I don't know if others think it's tacky to include intercourse info. (and since there is an option with Ovusoft to exclude it).

I'd be curious to see what others think.

My best to you all!
K

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

Old 09-07-2004, 07:18 PM

I don't see anything wrong with showing intercourse timimg. I don't show it on mine because it ain't happenin'. My dh is currently on a 6 month deployment.

Old 09-07-2004, 11:34 PM

I still here!

I kinda gave up on charting since my cycles were all wonky. (Think 3 weeks of EWCF! ) But it seems to have "regulated" itself more, so I'm back on the chart wagon. Now if I could only remember to temp...

How many of us are BFing? I think it sounds like a good portion of our difficult to interpret charts are from BFing. I know that after my DD, my cycles never fully regulated as long as I nursed - even when she was 16 mos and only nursed once a day.

To the OP - yeah, I get the pregnancy paranoia a lot too. This past week or so I've been tired and my stomach is bothering me - so I of course immediately think PREGNANT! Even though, all signs point to my O today and the last time I had sex (w/o barriers) I was very unfertile.

Kharen - hey, if you're getting it, why not fluant it. :LOL
Old 09-07-2004, 11:47 PM

So, I went 10 days in between super duper heavy afs. I'm jut finishing up number 2...this really sucks!!! Cramping huge clots, the whole nine yards. I'm not sure whats going on. I like to think bleeding= NO pg. But with me it isn't always the case. But with the last 2 afs I'd assume if I WAS pg I'm not now. Dh is hopefully getting a job tomorrow. If he does he has benefits immediately. We're hoping he'll be able to get a vasectomy befoe xmas! Then no more charting or worrying!

This is the first time sice I foun out I was pg with Tracy that I feel done. Normally, I want one more but for some reason I'm t piece with B being my last. But if we were to have another in 3 or 4 years I'd be ok...but with a vas there ain't no way! Which, I'm fine with. I love my boys!

Phantom baby kicks...freak anyone else out??

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)

User Tag List