What to do before ttc? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-23-2005, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just started my postpartum cycles (the day after my daughter's second birthday) and am very excited! I plan on trying for another one sometime in the fall, giving me a summer '06 baby.

I am trying to figure out what things I should do to prep my body. Like, for instance, I will probably stat on prenatals again, but when should I do this? A month before I want to get pregnant, two months? I would also like to do a liver cleanse.

Oh, and I should get into shape! Hopefully, I will have a brisk exercise routine firmly established and will have started eating organically (or atleast well) again!

Is there anything special you think would also be important? I am not a spiritual person, exactly, but I am also open to rituals instead of plain old concrete stuff.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#2 of 6 Old 02-07-2005, 11:32 PM

Hi Evergreen-
I just came from an identical thread over in TTC. My son is almost 2 and we're planning to TTC in the fall for a summer baby also! I'd love to be able to labor outside and not have to worry about cold weather, so that's why I decided fall! I'll hopefully get to lounge around like a whale on the beach too! Check out the thread in TTC, there are many ideas over there.
P.S. I see you're another one from Lake Wobegon, where the women are strong, the men are good-looking and the children are above average!
#3 of 6 Old 02-10-2005, 10:02 PM

Hi!

We just started TTC, but a few months ago I:

~started taking folic acid
~went to the dentist
~took Liver cleansing herbs
~started really watching how I eat & trying to eat more fruit & veggies
~started to be more consistent about yoga, walking the dogs, and riding my stationary bike (still working on that one...)

Good luck mama...

*erin*

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#4 of 6 Old 02-12-2005, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Cool, thanks, you guys!

:LOL too funny, morgansmom! Part of the reason I want to wait is because I have the idea that I would like to give birth outside!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#5 of 6 Old 03-14-2005, 02:16 AM

Anyone still tracking this thread? What's the liver cleansing about? Is that something that's important when ttc?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#6 of 6 Old 03-14-2005, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

I tisn't really important, but it gets some yuckies out and my midwife said it may help cut down on morning sickness.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page