any mama who are jonesing to have another baby, but need to wait? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 215 Old 04-09-2006, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well, I had a positive test last month -- but it didn't last, and I eventually got my period. But, it was a good test run, as dp was surprised but not upset. However my practice partner was scared silly of me leaving her sooner than she thought! When I thought I was pregnant I did feel some remorse that I hadn't met my weight loss goals, or even close, and was regretting getting big and pregnant while still carrying a lot of extra weight. So that feeling has motivated me some more to kick my %ss is gear and get closer to where I wanna be to get pregnant. Is started seeing a naturopath to get some minor issues sorted out, and a chiro for some sciatic nerve problems that are bad of late, but much worse in pregnancy. Now it is April, and that means only 4-5 months left to go! Woo hoo!
#122 of 215 Old 04-10-2006, 12:53 AM

I feel like I go back and forth multiple times within a day! I SO want another baby, but if I got pregnant now, the new baby would come just before DDs 2nd birthday. I have a friend with that exact spacing and I just don't know if I could do it. But then someone else pointed out that the further they are apart in age, the harder it will be as they get older to find activities they will both enjoy.

We originally planned to TTC around DDs second birthday, and for now that's still the plan. DH goes back and forth too- I am planning to go back to work when all of our kids have entered kindergarten, so he says the sooner the better. But he also wants to have DD sleeping in her own bed before we TTC. I'm very tempted to just let nature take its course- no charting, try not to pay attention to fertility, and just see what happens. But I know me and I know I'd never be able to do that. I'd be crushed every month when AF arrived.

Also, DH wants only two and he says he does not see any circumstance that could make him change his mind on that point. If I get pregnant in the next year and it truly is our last, I will be finished with childbearing aroudn the time I turn 30 and that doesn't feel like the right thing for me- it seems so young to be DONE. Hopefully I can convince him to have more in the future. But then I think I'd like to have two close together now and another two close together after the first two are a little older.

SO many variables! :

Leigh
Mama to Allison (1/05) and Lizzie (11/07)
#123 of 215 Old 04-18-2006, 08:48 PM

Funny you should say that about it being so young to be done...I am anxious to get #3 baked because I'm 25 and I don't want to be having any kids in my 30s! It's to the point where I have no intentions of finishing school first!

4 kids under 10
#124 of 215 Old 04-18-2006, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBrownDog
I feel like I go back and forth multiple times within a day! I SO want another baby, but if I got pregnant now, the new baby would come just before DDs 2nd birthday. I have a friend with that exact spacing and I just don't know if I could do it. But then someone else pointed out that the further they are apart in age, the harder it will be as they get older to find activities they will both enjoy.

We originally planned to TTC around DDs second birthday, and for now that's still the plan. DH goes back and forth too- I am planning to go back to work when all of our kids have entered kindergarten, so he says the sooner the better. But he also wants to have DD sleeping in her own bed before we TTC. I'm very tempted to just let nature take its course- no charting, try not to pay attention to fertility, and just see what happens. But I know me and I know I'd never be able to do that. I'd be crushed every month when AF arrived.

Also, DH wants only two and he says he does not see any circumstance that could make him change his mind on that point. If I get pregnant in the next year and it truly is our last, I will be finished with childbearing aroudn the time I turn 30 and that doesn't feel like the right thing for me- it seems so young to be DONE. Hopefully I can convince him to have more in the future. But then I think I'd like to have two close together now and another two close together after the first two are a little older.

SO many variables! :

I could have written that post, only add in that dh is almost 10 years older than me and doesn't want kids past the age of 35, and he's 32 right now (I turned 23 today, yay!) I want another baby, but the thought of my fertility being over is just too much for me to want to give up right now. Dh is also an Army recruiter, absolutely miserable because he's working 12 hour days, 6 days a week, and wouldn't be able to help me with the new baby, so he doesn't want to put me through being alone with 2 kids (which I appreciate!) I'm reluctantly saying ok, but I really want to say, "Shut up and do me"
#125 of 215 Old 04-19-2006, 06:53 PM

I just read this whole thread and it sure was funny to see some of the posts from last year when mama's were wanting another baby, but reluctantly waiting...then seeing the due dates in the sigs!

Anyway, my ds is 10 months. In my heart I'm ready for another one. In my brain I'm not. My brain is winning by a tiny percentage. But then I hate to *plan* the next one. My first two were unplanned and everything's been great. It's really a moot point though, I still haven't gotten my AF.
#126 of 215 Old 04-23-2006, 08:13 PM

Subbing

Mama to : '05, '08, '10 and expecting our 3rd homebirth.jpgJanuary '13

#127 of 215 Old 04-23-2006, 08:20 PM

I'm jonesing but waiting. At the end of last year I was ttc, but then my babydaddy flaked two months into it. Aaaaaaarrrrrggghhh!!!!! Horrible.

Now I'm starting school, and I will also need to wait til I can save up big $$$ for the sperm bank.

I'm very glad to be starting school, really excited. But in my heart what I truly want most is another babe.
#128 of 215 Old 04-28-2006, 01:35 PM

I'm on the fence. My DD is only 3 1/2 months old. I know if I got pregnant right now they'd be only a year apart. DH and I had originially planned to space our children a little over 2 years apart. We decided while I was pregnant with our DD that we would TTC #2 in August of 2007. I really don't know if I can wait that long though. Financially, right now isn't the BEST time but we would be able to work it I'm sure. DH doesn't really help because he says "Whatever you want"..lol. Also, I don't know how true it is..but I've heard getting pregnant before your last baby is 18 months old is dangerous for women. I've known plenty who have gotten pregnant before the 18 months. Some had miscarriages, some had healthy babies. I don't know what to believe.
#129 of 215 Old 04-28-2006, 05:15 PM

I've been thinking about it. My DS is 3 (in June). He keeps asking me for a sister. But money is tight at the moment. I think I'm gonna wait and see how the summer goes first. I need to finish getting situated in my new city.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" --Leonardo Da Vinci
 blogging.jpg  780/2014 decluttered

#130 of 215 Old 04-28-2006, 05:21 PM

oh add me! I would really LOVE another baby right now but have to wait due to health issues ( high blood pressure..seeing if it will go down if I loose weight)

I have HBP with my girls and it never went away... do not want to repeat what happened then again..so wait I must...

Sending you ALL love, Baby vibes and Light~~~~~
#131 of 215 Old 04-30-2006, 05:04 PM

#132 of 215 Old 04-30-2006, 11:41 PM

I'm joining in with all of you. We are planning to start ttc August/sept which will give us kids about 2 1/2 years apart. But I feel like I'm ready now, only problem is I'm in a wedding in August and the skirt is already too tight, so I think we should wait. I also think a summer baby would be nice since the last one was right at xmas.

Getting excited for those months when we'll be wondering "are we?" It also makes sex a little more exciting!!!

Mom to Izzy biggrinbounce.gif (12/04) and Violet 2whistle.gif (9/07). love.gif  saynovax.gif treehugger.gif

#133 of 215 Old 05-16-2006, 11:30 PM

Boy do I ever. I thought id never say i wanted another one the oldest is 9years old and youngest is 12months both by c/section, with the second one I had PPD really bad but now im over th at and have been wanting another baby. After having a c section its been a year and Ive been hubby but he says wait awhile. I want a daughter
#134 of 215 Old 05-17-2006, 12:25 AM

I TOTALLY want to be pregnant again!! But seeing as how the babe is only 8 weeks old, I think I need to wait a day or two...

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#135 of 215 Old 05-17-2006, 09:57 PM

I want badly to be pregnant and have a tiny baby again, but we need to wait, probably until late '07 to start TTC. I know it's for good reasons, and we have our hands full with three right now, but that ache is still there...

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#136 of 215 Old 05-19-2006, 04:24 PM

Right there baby lusting with you guys.
#137 of 215 Old 05-22-2006, 05:15 PM

A thread for me!

I have two children already, ages 2 and 5. I'm 26 and have been in and out of school since I was 19, partly because of having and being home with the children. I went back,and now have only 1 semester left, and I absolutely love what I'm studying. However, I also really love being a full time mom (odd phrase, but ykwim), and financially we probably won't need for me to work at all. But, there is something that I get out of studying/working that I don't get at home.

Anyway, what I'm getting as is that both of us have baby fever. Dh never says anything but when I mention it, his face lights up. I've always felt like I would have three children. And I would like the experience of actually planning one, lol!

But then I risk missing out on having a career, something I've never had. Or could that come later, once the kids are older? Or, is it harder than, with 3?

Ok, the short version of the story is...I daydream about having a third, but don't know if I "should".

Right there with you all!
#138 of 215 Old 05-23-2006, 12:23 AM

After DS was born, I swore I would NEVER do it again. If we were going to have more kids, we'd adopt. Well. Something clicked for me around 3-4 months post partum, and I was ready to do it again. I've been "jonesin" ever since. We decided to rely on LAM/Eco-Bfing around that time, but I secretly hoped I'd be the small percentage that got pregnant before their first period.

Now DS is 8 months, we've just been letting it fly (no worries about artificial birth control) I had some spotting a few weeks ago that could or could not have been a warning period, and realized we're not *quite* ready. The only reason we would wait if I were fertile right now is just spacing reasons. So I guess we're really not diligent about preventing, but we won't be trying for another few months. And I swear, I'm ready to feel a baby rolling around inside of me right NOW!
#139 of 215 Old 05-24-2006, 05:11 PM

Me, Me!!!! lol I'm new to this forum.....I'm a charting graduate from Fertility Friend, and my youngest is 15 months old. I have 3 babies at only 25....dd 5, ds 3 and ds 1. Can you beleive I am even thinking it???????

But alas, we must wait! He's always said he wanted 4, and I wanted 2, so we compramised with 3. Now when asked by friends, he says, maybe 1 more sometime, but not anytime soon.

I'm in Becca's situation. We own a mobile home with 3 bedrooms, and needless to say, not enough room for the 3 we have now. So, we can't even think of any more until they're all in school so that we wouldn't have to pay for more than 1 in daycare so I could work. If we ever want to move I HAVE to work, but can't put 3 in daycare ! So, it's a rough boat to be in I guess......with 5 years to wait :

What's a girl to do with baby fever and no baby and no hopes of one anytime soon????

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#140 of 215 Old 05-24-2006, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy420
Me, Me!!!! lol I'm new to this forum.....I'm a charting graduate from Fertility Friend, and my youngest is 15 months old. I have 3 babies at only 25....dd 5, ds 3 and ds 1. Can you beleive I am even thinking it???????

But alas, we must wait! He's always said he wanted 4, and I wanted 2, so we compramised with 3. Now when asked by friends, he says, maybe 1 more sometime, but not anytime soon.

I'm in Becca's situation. We own a mobile home with 3 bedrooms, and needless to say, not enough room for the 3 we have now. So, we can't even think of any more until they're all in school so that we wouldn't have to pay for more than 1 in daycare so I could work. If we ever want to move I HAVE to work, but can't put 3 in daycare ! So, it's a rough boat to be in I guess......with 5 years to wait :

What's a girl to do with baby fever and no baby and no hopes of one anytime soon????
Become foster parents!
#141 of 215 Old 05-24-2006, 05:23 PM

Haven't read the whole thread, but I'm bugging like crazy! I need a new baby, but I have to finish school first. Crappy priorities.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#142 of 215 Old 05-24-2006, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaley
A thread for me!

I have two children already, ages 2 and 5. I'm 26 and have been in and out of school since I was 19, partly because of having and being home with the children. I went back,and now have only 1 semester left, and I absolutely love what I'm studying. However, I also really love being a full time mom (odd phrase, but ykwim), and financially we probably won't need for me to work at all. But, there is something that I get out of studying/working that I don't get at home.

Anyway, what I'm getting as is that both of us have baby fever. Dh never says anything but when I mention it, his face lights up. I've always felt like I would have three children. And I would like the experience of actually planning one, lol!

But then I risk missing out on having a career, something I've never had. Or could that come later, once the kids are older? Or, is it harder than, with 3?

Ok, the short version of the story is...I daydream about having a third, but don't know if I "should".

Right there with you all!
Now don't go shoulding yourself to death! You have one semester left, which isn't very long, and you can possibly start your career and see if you like working outside of the home, it's not for everyone. Who knows, maybe the decision will be made for you
#143 of 215 Old 05-24-2006, 05:28 PM

The more I think about it the more I get really irritated that I can't just let nature take it's course.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#144 of 215 Old 05-24-2006, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246
The more I think about it the more I get really irritated that I can't just let nature take it's course.
I'm leaving it up to nature, I'm sexing dh up every chance I get (which isn't often, he's tired or sick most of the time. He hates his job.)
#145 of 215 Old 06-23-2006, 10:24 PM

Well I posted awhile back saying dh agreed to try starting in the fall, but we moved it up! I am happy not to wait anymore. Best patience wishes to all those still jonesing and waiting.
#146 of 215 Old 06-24-2006, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246
Me too! I keep thinking we should wait and then we shouldn't wait and it is driving me crazy! : I wish I could just let it happen... I think we are going to wait until September (maybe) to ttc (was going to be next year, then we changed it to next month...but we are doing home improvement projects this Summer so we'll wait until that is done...)
#147 of 215 Old 06-24-2006, 10:14 PM

I'm jumping in...
I want #3 so much right now! Dh isn't so sure...he's not super for it or super against the idea. So I win, right, since I'm clear about what I want!!

I'm about to ovulate and we're heading out on a 14hr. drive in the morning so I think we're going to miss the opportunity this month.
We'll be apart next month...I'm taking our dd's to visit family...we're likely to miss the chance then as well.
So that puts us to August...Hopefully that will give dh some time to get more used to the idea of ttc #3...but I'm also a little nervous that our14hr. drive with our 2 girls will send him in the wrong direction! Hopefully it will go fine!

It's so hard to wait...I hope I only have to wait to August though...
#148 of 215 Old 06-25-2006, 12:42 AM

HI! I posted earlier in this thread...and I am STILL trying to push my huge urge to do it NOW out of my head a lil longer!

DH is actually sounding more and more excited though...and I am hopefully nearing the end of my health issues....hopefully August or September

But then I start second guessing myself..with all of the "what ifs". Like, what if someone loses their job, or what if ..oh I don't know! I can't really think of any "what ifs" that wont always be there no matter where we are in our lives!!!

I think that 8 years apart (which is what my oldest child would be when #3 is hopefully born) is a nice age difference....and I am just babbling and venting and getting really excited that it may almost be time to just throw it all to the wind and give in to this long lasting urge!
#149 of 215 Old 06-25-2006, 06:56 PM

I have finally gotten my DH on board with #3. Of course days like today which has been a headache with my boys I wonder why I want another!

We haven't decided when to TTC. DH wants to pay off cc which of course would be great. But in reality.....we have so much debt it will take years to completely pay off.

I was talking to him about spacing and trying to decide of it matters or not. Does the number of years between children make a difference for sibling relationship? I don't know. My brother is 4 years older than me and we've never been close. Perhaps because he's a boy and I'm a girl. I am 7.5 years older than my sister and by the time I was in high school we had nothing in common and didn't hang out. I moved out of the house when she was only 10 and my brother was also gone by that time. So she grew up mostly as an only. She's 22 now and we aren't that close. We are in such different places. I'm married and have kids and she's doing the single college life. I don't speak to my brother very often. My DH said he ws close to brother and they are 4 years apart. However, ever since they moved out of their parent's house they are not close anymore. He has the same relationship with his brother as he does with his little sisters who are 9 years and 11 years younger than he is.

So ultimately does age spacing make a difference?
#150 of 215 Old 06-25-2006, 07:46 PM

I don't know if spacing makes a difference really. My brother and I are not close at all and he is only 2 years younger than I am...we are in completely different worlds. My older brother, who is nine years older has more in common with me, but we are still not very close and really never were as we were growing up.

On the other hand, my dh has a sister and brother who are 9 and 5 years older than him and they all get along wonderfully and are very close.

Who knows?

I think the spacing question is more for you and your sanity

My kids are from a previous relationship and I just married my partner so I didn't really have much choice in the spacing...but I know that I don't want to wait any longer than the 8 years that it will already be. I don't want to have them that far apart so that I am doing the baby thing my entire life! But that is just me!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page