any mama who are jonesing to have another baby, but need to wait? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 215 Old 03-17-2005, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd is 21 months and I have been way on the baby bandwagon. I think i've taken tests the last 3 months b/c I convinced myself that i *could* be. Plus, I have long cycles and my periods are always late so there's always that chance...

But. We are technically waiting until the fall. If we get pregnant before it wouldn't be a *huge* deal, but I have 3 weddings in the fall and I'm in all of them, we have a couple of bills that we really need to pay off so we have some money to be able to pay the midwives- that will be about $500 a month and our insurance wont pay for any of it. I really want my summer to be mine- not feeling sick and tired or not able to be active as much as i want (there's a club soccer team I really want to play on), plus it would be nice for dd to be able to keep nursing for awhile longer. There are other reasons too (dh is not ready to be on the road to having 2 kids yet) but those are the major ones.

Sooooo.... I guess we need to wait, but man! Do I want another baby!

anyone else?

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#2 of 215 Old 03-17-2005, 10:10 PM

yes yes yes!!! ds is 14 months and i am SO ready for another babe! i am in my senior year of midwifery school, so i really need to wait until i am done to have another. its really hard b/c dp wants another one as much as i do. if i got pg now it would be okay, just a pita and it would set me back another 10 months or so from graduating unless i could miraculously get all my births in before the kid was born.

eta plus i am still nursing and my cycles havent returned yet so. . . .. . . ive got to wait a little while at least

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#3 of 215 Old 03-17-2005, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

I have so many friends who were in midwifery school and then got pregnant so they couldn't finish... it's so hard to reconcile that urge with "practical" real life schedules!! I keep telling myself that time passes by so quickly and before I know it, it will be the fall again (as depressing as that is being that we've had such a long ass winter and still have snow on the ground). I also remind myself that this time I have with one child is leisurely... having "free" time when she naps and goes to bed, and more and more time as she becomes more comfortable playing by herself. But I have to say that today when I showed her a newborn doll I am using for my childbirth ed classes she was *so* sweet about it, I couldn't stop thinking about how much she would love a baby in the house.

well, i suspect we aren't alone. lookign forward to hearing from others!

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#4 of 215 Old 03-17-2005, 10:58 PM

I want another baby and my youngest is only 6 months old!!! But i think what is bugging me is that me and dh desided together when i was pregnant with her that she would be our last till we both had a chance to go to school if we wanted, ect. We live in a three bed room trailer although we own it and our property we want a HOUSe before he even hears the word another baby. We just don't have the room and don't have the funds for new home till i work or go back to school or he gets a new job... it sucks big time... plus i have an IUD that will stay in for 5 years from last Oct... but the good thing is i'm only 21 so have LOTS of fertile years left!!!
#5 of 215 Old 03-18-2005, 04:04 AM

I want another but dh doesnt. Princess Dani is only 13 months old and my boys are 9 and 12 - and I really think she needs a playmate - but dh is not coming around
#6 of 215 Old 03-19-2005, 11:23 PM

Quote:
I think i've taken tests the last 3 months b/c I convinced myself that i *could* be
Ha! Ive so been there!

We were supposed to start TTC #2 like in a couple of days but circumstances have changed so we are on hold for at least 6 months. To many things are up in the air. Job, moving, ect..
DD is 30 months..

Omg..Seeing that typed out is trippy..
#7 of 215 Old 03-19-2005, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello! I really want another but still haven't gotten a period. Nicholas will be 18 months on the 29th. We usually nightwean around 18 months, so maybe soon????

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#8 of 215 Old 03-20-2005, 12:52 AM

alright i never admit this but holy cow i want more more more more

but first must find a man, or a turkey baster.
ian wants a minnie me too.
a brother he says.
wow.
tlak about trippy when typed out.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#9 of 215 Old 03-20-2005, 02:12 AM

me but it's so not going to happen anytime soon--probably next year.
#10 of 215 Old 03-20-2005, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

I knew I wouldn't be the only one!! Often times i have to remind myself of *why* I'm waiting and why it's good for me- non-preggy summer, dd being a bit more independent, etc... but damn! the baby-bug is strong! (you might notice I have a thread in "Im Pregnant" wondering if anyone else has had a negative test first.... : )

#11 of 215 Old 03-20-2005, 11:43 AM

Yes, yes, yes!!!

I want one so badly!! I can hardly stand it.

My sister had her first baby on Tuesday (the 15th), and now I'm ovulating and it's all just too much for me. The hormones, hearing my sister on the phone in her new mama bliss, hearing her baby's little newborn noises. . . Also, practically everyone I know is pregnant right now, and I would love to join in.

I have twins who are now 25 months old. We orginally talked about trying for baby #3 as soon as my cycles started up again. But then when I did get my period back (4 months ago), things just felt so crazy and I couldn't imagine adding a baby to the mix, as much as I wanted to. We agreed to wait a year (so that would be starting to ttc in December), but I'd really like to start in August or September.

We just moved to a great new house (we're renting it, but it's quite lovely), and I love our new community and everything feels right for baby-making. Dp may be a hard sell, though. And I really want her to be on board and as excited about it as I am. Our boys have *just* started sleeping mostly through the night and in their own bed, and I think after a couple months of good sleep, she may be more willing to go for another one. On the other hand, she may think, "we're finally sleeping and having alone time and now you want ANOTHER one?!" But we do agree that we want another babe someday, and I'd rather not wait too long. As is, L & J will probably be at least 3.5 before they become big brothers.

I keep reminding myself of the benefits of waiting too. . . L & J will be old enough to go to a preschool a few mornings a week, they'll be weaned, they'll be sleeping better, possibly out of diapers. . . hopefully a little more like big kids and less like babies!

But, man, is it hard to ignore those yearnings!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#12 of 215 Old 03-20-2005, 12:34 PM

Another mama here! DD is 26 months, and I just want another sweet little baby to hold. For the past year I'd been wanting to TTC in April or May, but that isn't going to happen now. The main ones being that AF still has yet to return, and dd just isn't ready for me to be pg. She still nurses heavily, and with her food allergies that we are still trying to discover, she really needs the milk. Another is the elimination diet that I have to follow, I can barely eat anything, not the best time to get pg. The sad part is that I really want another winter baby, dd was born in January and it was the perfect time for our family, we travel alot in the spring, summer, and fall. I don't want to wait a other whole year, but I really don't have a choice. Glad to see that there are others here, I was starting to feel pretty lonely.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#13 of 215 Old 03-20-2005, 12:45 PM

DD is only going on seven months, and I'm already wanting another. Actually, we do plan on having another, but we HAD planned on waiting two years or three, because I had a c-section and I want to give my body time to fully recover before I try VBACing. That is my big reason to wait. I have smaller reasons too, like wanting to get through potty learning before there is a newborn in the house, and fondly hoping that I might get Julia to sleep in her own bed before I'm in the third trimester, because I get really cranky and insomniac when I'm pregnant.

But lately I don't think I'm going to be able to wait so long. And there are good reasons for not waiting so long, as well. The longer we wait the more years it is that I will be out of full-time work, and thus the longer it will be that DH and I are unable to save much money. And I'm already nearly thirty, and the longer I wait the higher the chances for problems like Down's, etc.

I will definitely hold out until Julia's 18 months, at least. My body is NOT ready for pregnancy yet.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#14 of 215 Old 03-20-2005, 01:25 PM

im glad im not the only one! i know logically that having another baby would be very stressful, and that it makes sense to wait until i am done with school, or atleast until the end is in sight. i really want my kids to be close in age, and 2 of my close friends just had babies, and plus i see cute squished up newborns at work almost every week! i am really glad i am not ovulating yet bc i dont know if i could stop myself! i wish dp didnt want another one yet, bc then he could be a voice of reason. but wants another just as much as i do, if not more. sigh.

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#15 of 215 Old 03-21-2005, 11:56 AM

ME ME ME!!!

I've been thinking BABY! since DS was 8 mos old. He's reaching the age where DD was was when I got pregnant with him. DH wants more, but says we can't right now because of financial reasons. (umm... our finances are the same as they were before we had any kids. Crappy then. Crappy now. So who cares?) So we'll see.

I do *have* to wait a little bit as I'm having gynecological surgery next week and it is inadvisable to get pg right before or after the procedure. So I guess at least a few more months.
#16 of 215 Old 03-21-2005, 05:58 PM

The other reason I have to wait is my therapist is recommending it. I don't know how I feel about that.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#17 of 215 Old 03-22-2005, 03:20 PM

I've been ready for about 1 1/2 years. We were trying about a year ago, but then I was having back problems, then finally needed neck surgery for a severe herniated disc. It will be year since surgery in mid may, so hopefully we can start trying in summer. We'll see. I'm still having lower back issue which I'm trying to fix!

Laura

ribboncesarean.gif   vbac.gif  My kids jammin.gif  

#18 of 215 Old 03-22-2005, 03:39 PM

X

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#19 of 215 Old 03-22-2005, 06:20 PM

This thread has been moved to Family Planning. If you have any questions, please feel free to pm or email me.
Respectfully,
Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
#20 of 215 Old 03-22-2005, 06:31 PM

I do I do!!!!!!

dd1 will be 3 in May and dd2 will be 2 in September. Originally we'd planned on TTC in July, but I think we're going to be waiting until next July...

3 in 4 years is too much for me to handle I think, plus the cost, the teensy tiny house we currently have, and I want this summer with the girls. Oh and we have a vacation planned for December and I want to go skiing! We're hoping to move next year though, and hopefully after that we'll be good to go for another set of 2 in 2!

It is sooooo hard though. I loved being pregnant and can't wait to do it again!
#21 of 215 Old 03-22-2005, 06:36 PM

I have big kids of 11 and 9. I've wanted another for ages but had a health problem to clear up. Now I'm solidly healthy and between insurance plans. Doesn't that bite?! I'll wait until the fall and start trying. I've been wild to have "one more".
#22 of 215 Old 03-22-2005, 07:01 PM

I just recently started wanting another bio baby. I have a 4 yrs 2 mth old and a 28 month old. After my 28 month old I had severe PPD. I have bipolar and it was untreated until she was a year (and through the whole pregnancy). it was such a hellish time for me that up until about 6 months ago when I saw a baby I felt physically ill. Even though logically in my brain I know it wasn't my fault and I am medicated and fine now. We started the process to adopt in October 2004, from Haiti. Then we were told in February that the new rules now excluded us due to our age. So we were going to try and find another place to adopt from but nothing felt really right. Our agency e-mailed us yesterday and said now the rule is 28 years old so that would be June 2007 for us. Through all of this I've started to really realize how badly i want another bio baby. My son was a c-section due to severe pre-clampsia and I was almost in a coma. He was a preemie and I almost died - horrible experience. My daughter was an uneventful pregnancy but after 25 hours of labour at home (planned home waterbirth) I ended up in the hospital with another c-section. I really do believe my body can do it! And I want a chance to try. I want a chance to experience a small baby again without the terror. And my children would be 3.5 and 5.5 before a new babe would come if we start ttc this summer. That is a pretty decent age gap. Also I have PCOS and my fertility seems to be being somewhat controlled (cross-fingers) right now through various measures. I don't want to wait years and then realize I want another and its too late. So all in all I'm pretty sure we've decided to try this summer. But I am baby lusting right now!

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#23 of 215 Old 03-23-2005, 01:49 AM

We waited 5 years to have our most recent, and I can't help thinking I want another. I know we really can't afford it with dh just starting to have a *real* job after college, and me starting a new business. The spacing is perfect with these two, but...

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#24 of 215 Old 03-23-2005, 02:16 AM

we're still in negotiations here to even HAVE a second. dh isn't so sure he wants another, i'm already jonesin' for a second (and have been since she was about 6 months). talks begin again in june. : if he comes around, we won't be starting until k is at least 2, if not older (heh, those negotiations would be the next step!).
#25 of 215 Old 03-23-2005, 08:42 PM

I am so glad that I am not alone. We have 4 yo and a 14 mo. I have taken at least 4 pg tests over the last 2 months bc I have been convinced that I was pg. Dh wants to wait at least 2 more years. I don't. I keep hoping I'll get pg, but the chances are slim as I am still nursing and have not had a pp period yet.
#26 of 215 Old 03-27-2005, 09:59 PM

Yep....I am jones'ing for another baby.....
I don't think there is really anything that says "I need to wait"....however I feel that the Universe is saying "wait"...who knows.....kwim?

have loved reading this thread! Thank you for starting it!!!

Jackie
#27 of 215 Old 03-27-2005, 11:51 PM

Me. Until I miraculously forget what it was like to have all those strangers touching me and slicing up my uterus when my first was born!
#28 of 215 Old 03-28-2005, 01:31 AM

ooohhh, boy, did today make my baby lust fade! i woke up nasueous and woozy and just got worse as the day wore on. at 2, we arrived at my parents' and i ran in and threw up. then went and slept in their spare bedroom the rest of the afternoon. then threw up again. felt a little better and drank some broth. still tired and woozy and achy.
man, is this good birth control! i was thinking, while heaving in the bathroom, oh my GOD, i couldn't go through this again right now! puking and being exhausted for at least 12 weeks WHILE taking care of hurricane k? no thank you!
i don't really reccomend a stomach virus for calming the urges, but i have to say: i certainly won't have the baby jonesin' for at LEAST a couple of weeks now! :LOL
#29 of 215 Old 03-28-2005, 10:55 AM

witchbabay i love your sig,
and not to brag or anything but geeze i dont think i had morning or whenever sickness.

maya who didnt realize she was pregnant until she was 3 months.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#30 of 215 Old 03-28-2005, 04:32 PM

uh...yeah... :
We both want another BADLY! I dream about another little person all the time.
But I am going to the U.K. for 2 weeks in May for my cousin's wedding and I can't go pregnant. (I've been 'back home' twice- once pregnant, once with a 10mo- both times it was sucky not being able to have a pint in the pub.) Then in June we'll be in Oregon & California for a week.
Oh...and I need to wean Katie before I get pregnant (actually before I leave for the U.K.)
So as of July we're ready!!!
(Plus all of our baby boy stuff is spring/summer and we'll totally be trying for another boy!) :

Mama of 2 boys, 5 girls.grouphug.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page