TTA, HTA, CTA...APRIL 2005 Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 107 Old 04-08-2005, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay Persephone! That's great! We'll miss you but I'm sure you'll be having lots of fun in TTC-land
#62 of 107 Old 04-08-2005, 04:53 PM

Yay, MamaJava, I'm glad that AF came for you since you were hoping to see her! :LOL Me, I am very happy for her to stay away, thank you very much! :LOL

P, you promise you will come and post when you do get PG, right? Otherwise we will all be wondering. Or I will be, anyway. I'm a very nosey person.

Still no AF here. Temps are back down to normal. Why would my temps rise for 8 days and then fall again with no AF?? I don't get it.

Tara
#63 of 107 Old 04-09-2005, 10:33 AM

Well, my turn for an oopsie. I am pretty sure I'm fertile right now, and we boobooed this morning. Knowing my luck just when I have a definitive date of when I want to get pregnant (August 19th if my cycles stay on this pattern) I will screw it all up.

I want to finish school, fix my eyes and be on prenatals for 3 months before it happens, and I don't want another winter baby, so I am will probably be pregnant and get another January birth.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#64 of 107 Old 04-09-2005, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Evergreen-- :LOL Yup, you're right

Ok, do you know how aggrivating and ifficult it is to have sex after your has had a vasectomy?? We know that we have had enough sex to wipe out his tubes...for the most part. It is so tempting to slip up but we know if we do we will be one of those horro stories ppl tell :LOL

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#65 of 107 Old 04-09-2005, 03:08 PM

: Gonna miss you when you're gone! :

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#66 of 107 Old 04-10-2005, 03:53 PM

Af came yesterday. I was out of town for my Gramma's funeral. The cramps were blessedly easy. But it made up for it by lasting longer today. (Normally just one day of bad cramps). Gosh, I don't want to leave! I like you guys too much! But I will post when I get pg.
#67 of 107 Old 04-10-2005, 10:22 PM

oooooh happy ttc'ing!!! how exciting.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#68 of 107 Old 04-12-2005, 03:40 PM

Just doing a bit of catching up here...

I'm recovering from having a hernia fixed last week - lots of time at home in front of the TV. I think the surgery scared off my eggs - the operation was on CD15, and I'm now on CD20. I've had two ovulations later than that (CD21 and CD24), so it may happen yet. Still lots of fertile CM hanging around!

Persephone, congrats on moving to TTC! How very very exciting!

Megan, I checked your chart out, and it looks like your temps have dropped to normal? I don't think FF is right on the O date, though...

And belated hugs to you, eilonwy.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#69 of 107 Old 04-13-2005, 08:06 PM

just lurking
#70 of 107 Old 04-16-2005, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't temped all week. We moved and my bbt was packed. I don't think FF has my O date right either. I think I o'ed on Sunday or monday this last week. I had gobs of ewcm plus the nausea and dizzyspells I normally have with O.

Either way, dh goes in about a week or 2 for his first check up post-snip. We'll see how it goes

P-- Good luck!! I can't wait to hear your news

#71 of 107 Old 04-20-2005, 01:49 AM

:yawning:

Nothing going on here... only 2 weeks to go until Lily's first birthday and still no sign of PP AF! Woohoo! Next "goal" is the 2-year mark since my last AF: July 21. It's good to have goals... LOL.

We are seriously TTA for now, as I suddenly have a very willfull temper-tantrum throwing daughter who has killed any bit of baby lust that might have been living deep within me. So no chances here... the only safe sex is no sex, right? :LOL :LOL :LOL

Where is everyone else?

Tara
#72 of 107 Old 04-20-2005, 06:18 AM

Wow, Tara, what an eventful last two years you've had!

I had a bizarre and unexpected temp drop this morning, which may just be a fluke. We'll see.

And... We're getting towards an 'official' TTC date!

We just found out that my partner has a Fulbright for next year, and while he'll be away for several months : , based in Tibet, he will be going to a conference in Bangkok in early December. I'm hoping to be able to take some unpaid leave from my job so that we can spend time travelling/baby-making in SE Asia. We're referring to it as the Babies in Bangkok plan.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#73 of 107 Old 04-21-2005, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

I'm at cd28. Just waiting We've been really good this month :LOL

#74 of 107 Old 04-21-2005, 01:08 PM

I still have no clear PPAF. Just assuming I was having anovulatory spotting before. DD is 4 months old tomorrow.

I have absolutely no desire for sex. Usually my DH is the lower-drive person in the relationship, so this is uncharted territory. The couple times we've managed to GIO, I didn't even O, which is very, very weird for me (the first times ever). I think my hormones are really wacky. I don't think AF is anywhere in sight. So I've been lurking. Decided to open my big mouth and update anyway, though.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#75 of 107 Old 04-22-2005, 06:24 PM

Hello again, got sidetracked and missed the thread for a while there...

Persephone, kind of sorry to see you go, but I'm sure it's much more fun ttc! Good luck.

I'm finally starting to feel like my cycles are settling down. I'm sure I o'ed on cd 19 this month. It's my 4th cycle charting and it's really nice to understand what's going on. We had protected sex just before I o'ed because I knew it was coming and I was so proud of myself! I know, not really that exciting....

arcenciel WAHM to 14 and 13yo DS, 9 and 5yo DD

#76 of 107 Old 04-23-2005, 11:27 AM

well, it would appear i have to take my leave, ladies. last night produced ! i guess we didn't avoid very well, did we?! :LOL good luck to you all!
#77 of 107 Old 04-23-2005, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

WOOHOO!! Another failure

Congrats! HOw do you feel about it? Has it sunk in yet?

#78 of 107 Old 04-23-2005, 07:30 PM

i took the test around midnight last night and almost passed out. that line came up FAST. and the pregnancy line is darker than the control: because everyone likes pregnancy test pics! dh was actually already asleep and i dragged him out of bed to look at it. we were in large amounts of shock, but it's starting to sink in and we're actually pretty happy about it. this is DEFINITLY not what we were planning, but we'll take what comes!
#79 of 107 Old 04-23-2005, 10:42 PM

wow, congrats!!!

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#80 of 107 Old 04-23-2005, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

That is a GORGEOUS test

#81 of 107 Old 04-24-2005, 02:00 AM

Subscribing.... just had to post, too. I didn't read the whole thread though - sorry!
No PPAF yet. I never had a period after ds was born, just got surprised with dd! She's now 15mo, so I know that time is coming again (got pregnant with her at 19m PP) So, I've been charting for a few months, but I've been pretty loosely doing it. To be honest it's getting really old, and kind of frustrating because I don't really know what's going on. It was ok when it was mostly dry/sticky cm, but now it's ewcm ALL the time , and tons of it (sorry, that's probably tmi!) I don't like this. I hate condoms, and I just want to have regular sex.... constanlty.... probably a sign of that returning fertility, huh? :LOL
#82 of 107 Old 04-26-2005, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
lunar forest- "I don't like this. I hate condoms, and I just want to have regular sex.... constanlty.... probably a sign of that returning fertility, huh? "
me too honey me too!!!
lol
i just so had to respond to that..

hi everyone

my babe is 11 months old . i got ppaf at 6 or 7 months (can't remember which)
i am not sure what cycle day i am exactly BECAUSE i moved days after af started and my calander was packed.
right now we just use the pull out method. (effective huh? lol)
but the origional plan was no sex or condom on fertile days-
i check CM, and do a saliva monitor...anyhow that never worked out, i am way too horny on fertile days....

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#83 of 107 Old 04-27-2005, 06:23 AM

A bit late, but Wow! Congrats to Witchbaby!!!

#84 of 107 Old 04-27-2005, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz-hippymom
right now we just use the pull out method. (effective huh? lol)
Okay, this is what I thought, but we've been using the pull out method, and on fertile days too, and it's been 18 months since I got PPAF, and we're still not pg, so it must work sometimes! Not that I'd mind if it wasn't effective, but it's just my luck that it works for us!

Alison
#85 of 107 Old 04-27-2005, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Tomorrow is cd35. I had af show up on cd35 last month. We'll see if this month is a repeat or not.

I feel like she is coming. Lots of cramping and such.

#86 of 107 Old 04-28-2005, 01:09 AM

CD 5 here. If only I could remember to bring my thermometer into my bedroom.... :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#87 of 107 Old 04-28-2005, 02:33 AM

CD 174 here. No change and no signs of PPAF. I'm starting to feel a bit silly that I was so worried to start charting when L hit 6 months old, and nearly 6 months later there is still nothing to report. :LOL

Congrats Witchbaby!

Tara
#88 of 107 Old 04-28-2005, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adenlilysmama
CD 174 here. No change and no signs of PPAF. I'm starting to feel a bit silly that I was so worried to start charting when L hit 6 months old, and nearly 6 months later there is still nothing to report. :LOL
Tara
I think that is just being smart! Some woman do not get af back until the completely wean, and then their are those like me who get it back sometime after 6 mo (it was 9 mo w ds2 and 8 mo w dd). Ds1 didn't even give me a little break, 6wks of lochia, 2 wks free, then my periods started!!! BF never got off to a good start and obviously by my body signs with af, it never had a chance (bad stressful birth etc and no knowledgable help back then was available).

Anyway, good for you charting!!! I did a hap hazardly job last month, managed to sort of miss my O point (which is highly unusual for me), fortunately for me I am not pregnant.

We were discussing it and my dh wants be to healthy, which is to loose at least what I have still on me from dd (30lbs). I told him 6 mo from the time I decide to loose the weight... (and yes, I'm obese BMI 35 and would not want to subject my body to pregnancy knowing how much I eat when I'm pregnant)
#89 of 107 Old 04-28-2005, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Wow. Cd174 and no af.... Like Electra I was around 8 weeks with both babes. Sucks, royally. Then with Bryce I had very very short cycles. I had 15 day cycles for about 3 months. THen I jusmped to 30-35 day cycles. I'm there now. I'm hoping after B weans things will be halfway normal again. LIke most here with two children close together, I didn't have a break in bfing. I went from nursing one to nursing the other. So, my body has been lactating for awhile. I was reading a thread the other day where the mom was saying she was a junky, with the hormone that aids milk production, it has escaped me at the moment. I wonder if my body will feel like that.

#90 of 107 Old 04-28-2005, 11:17 AM

I thought I'd just add, I had to cancel my gyn exam b/c my period arrived with in the "normal" time frame, but I was hoping for a 31 day cycle and got 27!!!

I hate that they just expect you to know exactly when you will and won't be bleeding 6 mo in advance!!! Fortunately, my appt was w a midwife practice and they were completely understanding (not like the OBs in the past). I rescheduled for 2 wks from now, but I'll have to take my dd with me since there are no Friday appts available until June and again with nursing and off cycles I have no idea if I'll be okay for an exam or not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page